• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

I really hope I can get mostly finished with Shadow of Mordor and Alien: Isolation before The Evil Within drops... I know I won't though.

FFXIII is a 60GB install and doesn't come with higher than 720p as standard!? I think I'll dodge this before all the reviews are out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tektonic, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Thunder Wolves -- MB-1D4CEA917EE45C93 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-DF3FE9573F0ED6BE - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-A05ED1F60FAD4849 - Taken by Htown. 1 entrants total.
Air Conflicts: Secret Wars -- MB-5F82121314E8ACD0 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-CD853F36B4ABB1AC - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1412923006z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks marco and creepy detective ghost

whats the nvidia thing to force vsync and anti aliasing and shit? Nvidia controller or something? I need to write down all the shit I need to redownload on the new rig :/

Mokoi

Banned
also, fuck me 1440p monitors are expensive

You could always sell one of your kidneys. It certainly has help me become set for life.
---
I've made it a goal to beat re4 this month as my 2spooky game. Will it actually happen? Probably not.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I was expecting, "Stumpokapow presents: Steam | October 2014 - The Legend of the Stumpokapow".

How are we supposed to know if this is actually a Stumpokapow production and not some cut rate EatChildren one otherwise?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You could always sell one of your kidneys. It certainly has help me become set for life.
---
I've made it a goal to beat re4 this month as my 2spooky game. Will it actually happen? Probably not.

I already sold one of them for the new rig, I cant sell both!

I was expecting, "Stumpokapow presents: Steam | October 2014 - The Legend of the Stumpokapow".

How are we supposed to know if this is actually a Stumpokapow production and not some cut rate EatChildren one otherwise?
Wasted opportunity that is. I do hope I can finish Alien before Korra comes.

Speaking of Russians.

Haha, I came in here with a question about some Russians...

Are there any reputable Russian traders around? Ones that won't try to ridiculously gouge prices? I talked to a guy earlier, but his price was pretty much the same as me just buying the games myself.

I'd love somebody who'd just trade at value, not trying to make profit.

tmarg

Haha, I came in here with a question about some Russians...

Are there any reputable Russian traders around? Ones that won't try to ridiculously gouge prices? I talked to a guy earlier, but his price was pretty much the same as me just buying the games myself.

I'd love somebody who'd just trade at value, not trying to make profit.

I'm pretty sure just about everybody is going to try to make some profit, they are spending their time to help you out.

There is also some risk on their part, as there could be a bigger sale, or games could be region locked, or whatever, potentially making their stock worth less.

Echoplx

Since getting my 970, I now just use the counter from shadowplay to check fps.

I really wish Shadowplay was independent from GFE, I swear that application has like 100 useless services/processes running for crap I don't use (Streaming for example)

Ozium

I bought A Machine for Pigs back during the spring sale but haven't actually tried it yet. Haven't heard great things, though. I know they got rid of neat mechanics like the sanity system, which is unfortunate.

But yes if you've enjoyed Alien, definitely check out Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Perfect month to do so as well. :)

A Machine for Pigs is something I've completely avoided due to it being developed by the makers of Dear Esther...

fool me once, shame on.. shame on you? etc.

I'm pretty sure just about everybody is going to try to make some profit, they are spending their time to help you out.

There is also some risk on their part, as there could be a bigger sale, or games could be region locked, or whatever, potentially making their stock worth less.

Yeah, I'm happy to pay them a little more, but not like, whole keys worth when the game itself is only worth a key.

Much better to just buy it yourself.

I will, if I don't find anything before the deals end.

A Machine for Pigs is something I've completely avoided due to it being developed by the makers of Dear Esther...

fool me once, shame on.. shame on you? etc.

It is a step up from Dear Esther graphically, there just isn't as much to do and it isn't as scary.

Echoplx

Most of those sellers probably got the keys for 1 dollar :/

33c actually, assuming they got Alien Isolation they would have made $50 just from those two alone.

I personally think it's a bit of a dick move so i just redeemed mine even though I'm too scared to play Alien haha.

Ozium

33c actually, assuming they got Alien Isolation they would have made $50 just from those two alone.

I personally think it's a bit of a dick move so i just redeemed mine even though I'm too scared to play Alien haha.

you could have given it to rhaknar tho

Monooboe

So is it really worth playing FF13? I bought it but not sure if I have the time to dedicate to it.XD

Also I realized that hell must have frozen over because we didn't get just one good movie game but TWO in a very short span of time.

Ozium

So is it really worth playing FF13? I bought it but not sure if I have the time to dedicate to it.XD

Also I realized that hell must have frozen over because we didn't get just one good movie game but TWO in a very short span of time.

Alien: Isolation and?

Mik2121

Anyone in Japan using Steam? Apparently when they updated Steam to use Yen they locked it and now I'm stuck with more of the shit pertaining this country. I wanted to purchase Alien Isolation with my account but just can't find the goddamn game. Apparently I have to wait until the price is converted to Yen as well, which means probably until the game releases in this country.

I have changed my download region but apparently this shit just sticks to my IP (Japanese) so I can't purchase the game went on sale "worldwide" except for Japan. Ugh........

Edit: Apparently Sega is not releasing the game in Japan. Cool. So now Alien Isolation will never be available on the Japanese Steam so there's no way for me to purchase this game now this way. What should I do if I don't want to go with some overly expensive physical copy of the game that I don't even know if I'll be able to play without getting locked out of it? Why is it this hard to buy a game in Japan in friggin' 2014?

dmix90

Is there any worthwile graphics mods for Half-Life 2 other than Cinematic Mod? I think all i need is new textures.
HL thread bumped yesterday and i realised that i actually never finished episode one and beat episode two in 640x480 windowed mode when it came out :D

I guess its time for downsample parade :p

Copons

Waking up to a great news here!

tumblr_nd7c6rAWLt1qdstf0o1_500.gif

The cream-of-the-crop Italian developer Santa Ragione, best known here for MirrorMoon EP, finally announced the release date for its (previously Greenlit) first game, FOTONICA: 6th of November!
And keys granted for anyone who already bought it on PC (on Humble, I guess).

Now, I liked MirrorMoon EP a lot, mostly for its cool concept and visuals, but let me say that Fotonica is a great game.
It's an addictive first person runner in a wireframe Rez-esque world with, of course, awesome music.

Compared to the old PC version and the recent mobile ones, Fotonica on Steam will feature new modes, new visual customizations, achievs, cards, rankings, and everything you need to crack your retinas.

apparently there isn't a store page yet, but i don't care i'm too excited

Anyone in Japan using Steam? Apparently when they updated Steam to use Yen they locked it and now I'm stuck with more of the shit pertaining this country. I wanted to purchase Alien Isolation with my account but just can't find the goddamn game. Apparently I have to wait until the price is converted to Yen as well, which means probably until the game releases in this country.

I have changed my download region but apparently this shit just sticks to my IP (Japanese) so I can't purchase the game went on sale "worldwide" except for Japan. Ugh........

Edit: Apparently Sega is not releasing the game in Japan. Cool. So now Alien Isolation will never be available on the Japanese Steam so there's no way for me to purchase this game now this way. What should I do if I don't want to go with some overly expensive physical copy of the game that I don't even know if I'll be able to play without getting locked out of it? Why is it this hard to buy a game in Japan in friggin' 2014?
SEGA doesn't like publishing games in Asia, they are dumb like that.

Might be available in retail stores.

Edit: Go find a trader, should be around 20 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom