• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

Yeah. The Top 10 tends to be consistent, but beyond that differences begin to appear with regularity.

heh. South East Asia really loves final fantasy then.

another theory i have is that it is probably just a glitch. I had seen this before with thief and wolfenstein the new order. both games disappeared from the top sellers for a few days after being released here

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

from the coming soon section ...

... and region-locked right from the get-go (as are yesterday's ancient Sid Meier games) ... I guess it's true - acrtag is being applied by default now ... well - looks like we're completely fucked now :(

Arthea

I feel like this post is a fake out. Haha.

But yea a damn shame about the port, I might have bought it earlier.

I haven't even played it yet, just a tad disappointed in myself more than in SE, that I still believe somehow SE would do something right, need to accept reality already (><)
ya, I bought it the moment it appeared on the store

I haven't even played it yet, just a tad disappointed in myself more than in SE, that I still believe somehow SE would do something right, need to accept reality already (><)
ya, I bought it the moment it appeared on the store
After Sleepy Dawgs: Pay to Win edition's reveal I expect nothing but the worse.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
also - Ryse is available now :) have fun

(which also, by the way, means it's region-locked now ...)

milena87

I've heard this as well, it's supposed to be played with a mouse and keyboard, it's not a straight port from console, the UI and gameplay is different on PC.

Yep, DAO was developed for PC first. The console versions came later and the game was actually postponed from March to November to allow the release on all three platforms.

Donos

Wow the Borderlands prequel is coming out next week? Seems to be almost 0 hype. A release in a less "crowded" windows would have been better. Well. Still like Borderlands so i'm looking forward to it. Seems like a good candidate for PS+ in a few month.
If the price is right i'm going to grab it on steam for m/kb.

Edit: instant neogaf ad banner for Borderlands prequel. Hype +0,1.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Wow the Borderlands prequel is coming out next week? Seems to be almost 0 hype. A release in a less "crowded" windows would have been better. Well. Still like Borderlands so i'm looking forward to it. Seems like a good candidate for PS+ in a few month.
If the price is right i'm going to grab it on steam for m/kb.

morningbus save this man

Arthea

based on counter, 9 more games were greenlit, it was 1172, 1181 today

edited: tried to compile the list, but I can't find 9... weird

Pachimari

I have been so out of the loop the post couple of weeks and I still have no WiFi in my new apartment.

- Are there any differences between Definitive Edition and the normal version of Sleeping Dogs?

- Do FFXIII make use of the PS3 cutscenes since it's 60gb?

- What is this arctag? Region locking?

I have been so out of the loop the post couple of weeks and I still have no WiFi in my new apartment.

- Are there any differences between Definitive Edition and the normal version of Sleeping Dogs?

- Do FFXIII make use of the PS3 cutscenes since it's 60gb?
1) Some minute changes I think, biggest change is the DLC is now included.

2) I heard they're 720p in the PC version, a lot of space is from the dual audio.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
- What is this arctag? Region locking?

Yeah. It stands for AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting and is always disabled. The result is that gift copies of affected games sourced from Eastern Europe, South America and South-east Asia require a VPN to activate, which isn't exactly advisable as it technically falls under the umbrella of using a VPN to skirt region-specific pricing on the Steam Store itself.

Tellaerin

Shrug, I'm just calling it like I sees it. "No old games except the old games I happen to like!" feels pretty stupid to me.

I think it's more, "No old games except ones that are actually of interest to more than a tiny handful of people." :p

NOT LIKE THIS

I'm thinking "connected" as in "worldbuilding and plot elements carrying over through multiple games and media", rather than in the "always-online" sense.

And I'm going to keep on telling myself that until reality slaps me in the face. Gotta keep that hope alive...

What I love about DA: O, is that the PC version is really a PC version, with UI and gameplay designed for PC.

It is basically a different game.

When I hear people defend DA2, I often forget that they are probably talking about DA:O on console vs DA2 on console. Which is like "whatever".

DA:I looks very much like a console game with some bones thrown towards old PC gamers.

Speaking of old PC gamers, Colonization (http://store.steampowered.com/app/327400/?snr=1_4_4__106) is legitimetly one of the greatest games of all time. It doesn't have the depth of a full blown Civ, sure. But for some reason I found it even more fun to play. Basically what the modern Civ Revolutions should have been.

Arthea

It is basically a different game.

When I hear people defend DA2, I often forget that they are probably talking about DA:O on console vs DA2 on console. Which is like "whatever".

DA:I looks very much like a console game with some bones thrown towards old PC gamers.

Speaking of old PC gamers, Colonization (http://store.steampowered.com/app/327400/?snr=1_4_4__106) is legitimetly one of the greatest games of all time. It doesn't have the depth of a full blown Civ, sure. But for some reason I found it even more fun to play. Basically what the modern Civ Revolutions should have been.

I can't agree with you here, CivRev was fun to play with, it's maybe oversimplified, but also it is almost perfect game to get into genre, and it did attract many new people to it. I only wish it was on PC too.
Not to mention that CivRev is much less time consuming than any other Civ in existence.

I wouldn't call Colonization a Civ like game too.

xBladeM6x

Some crappy show that platinum is making a game for.

Screen-shot-2012-05-24-at-4.31.50-PM.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ryse would be hard to resist if I had my new rig. Since i live in a third world country and i STILL DONT, its easy to resist

:(

very funny
not
I maybe remember it vaguely, but it played differently than Civ as much as I remember.

:p

It is basically the same thing, just streamlined in different ways and obviously limited to one location. For some reason this seemed to give it more personality, as if you really were colonizing parts of the US (and facing similar challenges, from resource to umm "ethics"), rather than setting up a heap of random cities somewhere.

A bit of charm goes a long, long way when the base is already dead solid.

Dr Dogg

So just checking on my FFXIII download to see how long it will be done and if it will be ready when I get back in I see something a little odd.

Ignore the low dl speed that's a quirk of RDCing whilst downloading but 3,432,340,736GB/S as the peak speed? That's 3.5 exabytes in a second!

Yeah I noticed that and the original version of Sid Meyer's Pirates! too.

Arthea

:p

It is basically the same thing, just streamlined in different ways and obviously limited to one location. For some reason this seemed to give it more personality, as if you really were colonizing parts of the US (and facing similar challenges, from resource to umm "ethics"), rather than setting up a heap of random cities somewhere.

A bit of charm goes a long, long way when the base is already dead solid.

but you see, Civ is all about scope, then again I can't say I remember Colonization too well, it was so long ago, and it wasn't a game I played a lot, unlike Civs, so I might be wrong on this one.
Still don't see how it negates what CivRev tried and succeeded in doing.

That's 3.5 exabytes in a second!

*speechless*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom