• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's with title change? (><)
somebody kindly explain, please!
Legend of Korra is coming out.
tumblr_static_tumblr_m7achz6x871qe4my2o10_500.gif

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Waking up to a great news here!

tumblr_nd7c6rAWLt1qdstf0o1_500.gif

The cream-of-the-crop Italian developer Santa Ragione, best known here for MirrorMoon EP, finally announced the release date for its (previously Greenlit) first game, FOTONICA: 6th of November!
And keys granted for anyone who already bought it on PC (on Humble, I guess).

Now, I liked MirrorMoon EP a lot, mostly for its cool concept and visuals, but let me say that Fotonica is a great game.
It's an addictive first person runner in a wireframe Rez-esque world with, of course, awesome music.

Compared to the old PC version and the recent mobile ones, Fotonica on Steam will feature new modes, new visual customizations, achievs, cards, rankings, and everything you need to crack your retinas.

apparently there isn't a store page yet, but i don't care i'm too excited

Yup, been thinking this was gonna happen after all the iOS version pimping they've been doing. So glad to see it's finally coming around back home - I think it was one of the very first Humble widget purchases I ever made.

maneil99

I wouldn't call Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor movie games anymore then you would call Battlefront or Republic Commando movie games. Movie games to me mean they launch with or near the release of a movie and involve the same plot / share similarities (Return of the King, Spiderman 2)

Monooboe

I wouldn't call Alien Isolation or Shadow of Mordor movie games anymore then you would call Battlefront or Republic Commando movie games. Movie games to me mean they launch with or near the release of a movie and involve the same plot / share similarities (Return of the King, Spiderman 2)

I would call those movie tie-in games and movie games are those that are based on a movie IP and not a specific movie. (which Shadow of Mordor can be excluded from)

Anywhoo, doesn't really matter, I'm just glad that we get good games, based on a movie or not.:D

Dr Dogg

I'm surprised no one has save game hacked FFXIII to cut out the tutorial and plonk you right at the start of chapter 10.

Still 4 hours to go :(

I was expecting, "Stumpokapow presents: Steam | October 2014 - The Legend of the Stumpokapow".

How are we supposed to know if this is actually a Stumpokapow production and not some cut rate EatChildren one otherwise?

I thought "Stumpokapow Presents" was normally used jokingly to preface some of the ludicrous power battle type threads. We don't need the Steam thread going down that avenue.

Arthea

Guys, don't shoot me.

What the hell is Legend of Korra?
shooting is out of the question, torturing is in order!
it's western naruto (><)

edited: wait Korra isn't region locked? How much it's in RU land?

edit2: still has no price, I see. *confused*

Corpekata

Banned
Unless it's magically gotten better after the abysmal first season I stand by my statement.

"Mature" kids shows are the worst, why do they even bother?

It has, actually. Second season sucks too but season 3 is a huge step up, probably one of the biggest rebounds a series has had.

Knurek

Repost from FFXIII thread, maybe someone here can shed some light:

Okay, anyone can tell why the game is not visible in the New Releases/Best Selling tabs on Steam?
Like, at all?
You can search for the game, you can open the game store page, but it just straight up disappeared from the main Steam page.
This can't be a good thing...

It must be selling quite a bit - it has a concurrent # of players topping 5k.

Way more (like, orders of magnitude) than any of the other new games prominently featured on main page tabs.
A Golden Wake: 19
TRI: 15

Also, the game was #3 in Top Selling list just before the unlock, and then just... vanished. It's not in the top 100, like at all.
I just refuse to believe it stopped selling so suddenly.

What the eff?

Arthea

*checks*
damn it's true, it disappeared entirely from best sellers being at second spot yesterday. That can't be good, SE won't be happy with this for sure. I wonder what went wrong.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Da DreadLord, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-AEB6B5394EA04B34

GMG gave me their welcome pack for buying the evil within..

aku:jiki

Valve followed the community's advice and stopped putting old-ass ports as "new games" on the front page?

You guys can't have it both ways. You can't say that Square is allowed to label old shit as new, while saying that StrategyFirst or whoever absolutely can't do it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-4BBD974130DDAE33 - Taken by cardinalmind
Zeno Clash -- MB-C630CF0E415C9441 - Taken by Shadownet

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maybe word of mouth about it being a shit port scared buyers off.

What's odd is that it's not showing up as a Top Sellers result on Steam AU at all, the full list of which is currently 630 titles long. I find it hard to believe that the game is selling, in Australia, fewer copies than the original Half-Life.

kudoboi

What's odd is that it's not showing up as a Top Sellers result on Steam AU at all, the full list of which is currently 630 titles long. I find it hard to believe that the game is selling, in Australia, fewer copies than the original Half-Life.

its #4 here. is the top sellers region based?

aku:jiki

Oh my, I just opened my inventory after a night of running idlemaster and what black magic is this?

r2r22mI.png

Is jshackles a foil wizard?

Shrug, I'm just calling it like I sees it. "No old games except the old games I happen to like!" feels pretty stupid to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom