• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

3 days of downloading before I have my waifugoddess.

That is, unless Steam somehow decides it wants to download other game first, like it did this morning.

OTOH, maybe I shouldn't have queued ~400 games before starting FFXIII download?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Pirates Gold is a great game that still holds up pretty well today.

I will definitely get it sometime in the future when it's on sale, cause I already own it on GOG

Arthea

That's one nice package, a keeper
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/52622/

iDHIArg3NfuN7.jpg

Dr Dogg

The C64 version was mindblowing back in the day. Kids today with their 1080p and Japanese audio and clouds and what not.... That doesn't revolutionise gaming.

It had clouds!

So ok yeah, clouds are fair enough.

I can remember the first time I played Elite on an Acorn Electron no less. It felt mind boggling that there was this vast and massive universe to explore. Obviously now knowing how a lot of the 'procedural' stuff was done it doesn't really seem that amazing any more but the reaction people will probably have to No Mans Sky will be like what I had back when I was 8. I'm just waiting for the penny to drop if repetition starts creeping in to NMS. Odds on it will at some point it's just a question of after how long.

I bought Covert Action a few months back on GOG, and I thought it was pretty good. It's sort of like a combination of Sid Meier's Pirates! (focus on mini-games) and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? (Time-limited, globe-trotting detective work). It can be fun to uncover a conspiracy and try to stop it by arresting or turning the important players without making the others panic.

The biggest problem with it is that the major mini-game, breaking into an enemy building, is too randomized to be able to plan for effectively; you pretty much have to hope that you nab the important data before your data storage gets full.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Where should I report corrupted files ? Max Payne FR has a couple of corrupted files, the only way to finish is the game is to replace them (either from a pirated copy or ask someone else to host them) (c.f this thread : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2655668 )

Your best bet would be to submit a support ticket to R*.

All packages are fucked since the store update

It's fine for me.

Price of individual games: $15.72
Bundle cost: $11.24 USD
Here's what you save by buying this bundle $4.48

Shadownet

Banned
Finally finished downloading FFXIII, I feel 10 years older. God that was long.

Also whoever thought it was a good idea to bind the shut down game to the ESC button should be... Smh..

Now to download Enslaved and Sleeping Dogs.

Shadownet

Banned
I live in Asia. Is there some way to get someone to gift me a copy of FFXIII that has English audio?
I don't think FFXIII is region locked yet. But yeah if you can find someone from the US. They can buy a gift copy and send it to you.

@AHA-Lambda
The Star Citizen AMD code is the full game.

I don't think FFXIII is region locked yet. But yeah if you can find someone from the US. They can buy a gift copy and send it to you.

Hmm yeah I just checked steamdb and the NE (what does it stand for?) package doesn't have "onlyallowrunincountries" and "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting" tags.

Mibuokami

Final bit of spring cleaning, someone last time said that the lightning raffle was too short so I did a normal raffle this time, hope you guys enjoy.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mibuokami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-CF02C9088FBAC054 - Taken by nightstorm. 32 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-5505E6A491AE1DC0 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 13 entrants total.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier -- MB-28EFE950848B8CBC - Taken by Alduin. 30 entrants total.

t1412946527z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Final bit of spring cleaning, someone last time said that the lightning raffle was too short so I did a normal raffle this time, hope you guys enjoy.

Ooo, that is a nice lineup of games there. To whoever wins Ghost Recon: I highly recommend playing the game in co-op if possible and stick with it through the opening levels. Once you get a rhythm down and the levels start to open up a bit more, it's a really cool experience.

Shadownet

Banned
Hmm yeah I just checked steamdb and the NE (what does it stand for?) package doesn't have "onlyallowrunincountries" and "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting" tags.

North Emeria? Lol I think JaseC told me the answer to that question once. I just can't remember it. It was back in July.
------
Btw Deus Ex:Human Revolution Director's Cut is worst than the normal edition? I remember someone told me that. Why??

JaseC

North Emeria? Lol I think JaseC told me the answer to that question once. I just can't remember it. It was back in July.

My guess is North America/Europe even though it's also used elsewhere.

Btw Deus Ex:Human Revolution Director's Cut is worst than the normal edition? I remember someone told me that. Why??

It was put together using the version of the engine that existed circa The Missing Link instead of a more current version. Squeenix worked for almost a year on porting the DC to OSX, but I don't know if this patch also moved the game to a newer version of the engine.

Knurek

Pretty much the same deal as with Baldur's Gate EE games - game was broken at start, because Squeenix used an older build.
Should be fixed by now.

Shadownet

Banned
My guess is North America/Europe even though it's also used elsewhere.
I guess that make sense? Since if I remember correctly someone said that the EU version of FFXIII also come with English and Japanese audio. While Asian only came with Japanese.

It was put together using the version of the engine that existed circa The Missing Link instead of a more current version. Squeenix worked for almost a year on porting the DC to OSX, but I don't know if this patch also moved the game to a newer version of the engine.

Pretty much the same deal as with Baldur's Gate EE games - game was broken at start, because Squeenix used an older build.
Should be fixed by now.
The game was broken? I could have swore I played Human Revolution way back when it came out on PC and it played just fine. Then I bought it on PS3 and hated it immediately because it felt weird on a controller.

JaseC

shouldn't it be NAE, if that's the case?
I have never seen it used before, where else is it used?

"NE" probably seemed like a good abbreviation in much the same way that Infinite Undiscovery was deemed a good game title. :p

Knurek

The game was broken? I could have swore I played Human Revolution way back when it came out on PC and it played just fine. Then I bought it on PS3 and hated it immediately because it felt weird on a controller.

I seem to recall some performance problems when running Chrome browser in the background.

Dr Dogg

I already like Ryse just because there aren't any animated logos when I start the game and I'm in the menu after 5 seconds.

So Ryse: No Fucking About Edition

Sadly I've got to wait a couple of weeks for my cheap copy to turn up due to bizarrely having morals and wanting to chuck Crytek some cash and not go the trader route but not pay the UK Steam price. Eh, I'm conflicted.

Arthea

"NE" probably seemed like a good abbreviation in much the same way that Infinite Undiscovery was deemed a good game title. :p

oh c'mon infinitely undiscovering things is what ageing is about!
it totally makes sense... nah not at all (><)
I still find Bravely Default even worse

edited: Why are you people (except Jasec) buying Ryse? you aren't going to play it, are you?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

It seems there is an inexhaustible uncreativity behind these decisions.

Chariot

Man, Castle Storm is strangely enjoyable.
I hope they'll add Steam Trading Cards to The Legend of Korra.. nothing on the store page so far about it.
I hope they finally let me buy this game. Let me pre-order goddamnit!
Sorry for the double posts but anyone recommend anything from these? (Games from the Focus Weekend Sale)

Contrast
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
(Btw, is there a difference between Legendary and Chaos Edition? Or are they two completely different game.)

Runaway: A Road Adventure
Final Exam
Runaway is a fun point and click adventure. If you like this genre, you will have fun with the game.

kudoboi

Sorry for the double posts but anyone recommend anything from these? (Games from the Focus Weekend Sale)

Contrast
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
(Btw, is there a difference between Legendary and Chaos Edition? Or are they two completely different game.)

Runaway: A Road Adventure
Final Exam

no opinions on the rest but contrast was really "meh" for me. i bought the game because of a gif from this thread and the gameplay felt very half done. animations were not smooth, gameplay felt a little dull etc.

derExperte

If anyone wants to play a few rounds of Ryse coop....

Or Gauntlet.

... but you can't skip any cutscenes ;)

fuuuuuuu

edited: Why are you people (except Jasec) buying Ryse? you aren't going to play it, are you?

Why are so many questioning why others buy Ryse (not only here) specifically? We buy the worst crap all the time
FFXIII
, at least this looks fantastic, is a very good port which should be supported and you can hack and slash through hordes of fools.

Maniac

Banned
So uh, does this 'ere AMD Star Citizen thingiemajig do anything for ya' if you're already like, a kickstarter backer at an odd 60-80 dollars? One more ship, or is it unredeemable? :p

3 days of downloading before I have my waifugoddess.

That is, unless Steam somehow decides it wants to download other game first, like it did this morning.

OTOH, maybe I shouldn't have queued ~400 games before starting FFXIII download?

I'm not sure if I understand your situation clearly but you do know you can reorder steam downloads right?

Shadownet

Banned
I feel like I should buy Blood Bowl. It will be the closest thing I'll get to having Madden on Steam.

Also Bravely Second. WTF does that even mean?

Knurek

I'm not sure if I understand your situation clearly but you do know you can reorder steam downloads right?

Of course, put FFXIII on top yesterday, and had to repeat that today morning, because Steam decided it wants to download GTAIV first.
(Sigh, i3 3.5GHz, 750 Ti, still no 60 fps lock in GTAIV - getting closer though, 55 fps average on max settings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom