• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

NE = Netherland?

There's no really standard for gaming territories so every company will have their own whacky system.

It's not like international car registration codes or even FIFA country codes which has the Netherlands pegged at NL and NED respectively. You should see the confusion we have here, it's either GB or UK or for each country ENG, WAL, SCO, NIR and other bloody variants.

There's no really standard for gaming territories so every company will have their own whacky system.

It's not like international car registration codes or even FIFA country codes which has the Netherlands pegged at NL and NED respectively. You should see the confusion we have here, it's either GB or UK or for each country ENG, WAL, SCO, NIR and other bloody variants.

Everything makes sense, except NIR, Nirland?

Is this Star Citizen game suppose to be the bee's knee? It look like you just pilot a ship around?

It depends on how much you like space sims, I'm really excited for it and have been keeping up with all the news on it, it's raised $56 million in crowd funding alone, so it's gotta a lot of excitement around it. Currently you just fly a ship around and kill things and race, but the full game will be a full persistent universe MMO of sorts.

Shadownet

Banned
It depends on how much you like space sims, I'm really excited for it and have been keeping up with all the news on it, it's raised $56 million in crowd funding alone, so it's gotta a lot of excitement around it. Currently you just fly a ship around and kill things and race, but the full game will be a full persistent universe MMO of sorts.
I'm guessing you get to build and customize your own ship as well? I've never been into Space Sims but this sounds interesting.

Do you get to see and customize your pilot as well?

I'm guessing you get to build and customize your own ship as well? I've never been into Space Sims but this sounds interesting.

Do you get to see and customize your pilot as well?

Yeah you can customize both when the full game comes out, but now it's pretty bare bones. The only thing that can be customized right now is the weapons on your ship and a few other engine parts and stuff.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah you can customize both when the full game comes out, but now it's pretty bare bones. The only thing that can be customized right now is the weapons on your ship and a few other engine parts and stuff.
Damn I wish I redeemed one of the AMD code for this. This sounds amazing. Hopefully it will be on Steam soon. You're lucky you got the full game already.

Damn I wish I redeemed one of the AMD code for this. This sounds amazing. Hopefully it will be on Steam soon. You're lucky you got the full game already.

Yeah it's pretty awesome, you should look around for some developer video diaries and you will be hooked, the potential of this game is just insane. I try not to get super hyped for a game this early in development but I just can't help myself with this one.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate Edition -- MB-998D5CEC5060571E - Taken by Volimar
Deadlight -- MB-9F298A9508831F9B - Taken by agniswarm

The Long Dark is really cool, one of the more grounded survival games I've played, I played 1.5 hours and it felt like at least 3 or 4, struggling to survive in this game is crazy. I'm not sure how much longer I can make it, my food is practically gone and I have very little water. The art style is great and the atmosphere is top notch.

zmlsbw.png

Vazduh

The Long Dark is really cool, one of the more grounded survival games I've played, I played 1.5 hours and it felt like at least 3 or 4, struggling to survive in this game is crazy. I'm not sure how much longer I can make it, my food is practically gone and I have very little water. The art style is great and the atmosphere is top notch.

Screenshot reminds me of XIII. Game looks nice, will keep an eye on it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I really like what I see about the game except one thing (and this is probably a stupid complaint) but I don't like "Survive as long as you can but you're gonna die in the end" survival games. I'd love to play something like Long Dark but with a goal, f.e. to find your way back to civilization. I just need something more than a "highscore".

Arthea

Why are so many questioning why others buy Ryse (not only here) specifically? We buy the worst crap all the time
FFXIII
, at least this looks fantastic, is a very good port which should be supported and you can hack and slash through hordes of fools.

nothing of the sort! When it comes to high budget games my reasoning after watching some of gameplay usually is as follows: "it doesn't seem to be my thing", "looks like generic *insert genre here*, I'll wait for discount", "not sure if want, will wait for impressions". While Ryse was different: "that looks like NOPE category material if I ever seen one".
That's why I was curious about someone buying it day one.

edited:
https://www.indiegala.com/
Friday special Indie gala bundle:
Enigmatis: The Mists of Ravenwood (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call (STEAM) + Trading Cards
9 Clues: The Secret of Serpent Creek (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres (STEAM) + Trading Cards
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (STEAM) + Trading Cards

whoa, the game from my wishlist in there

Deques

Hidden item object games galore, for those who like these kind of games :)

I have only played Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. I kinda like it, except for the mah jong part

Arthea

Hidden item games galore, for those who like these kind of games :)

to be fair, these games are much more than that, they are adventure games, and in some I played you can do 0 hidden objects, yea, you can choose other options.

edited: what I mean to say, I liked all Artifex Mundi games I tried so far.

Oneironaut

Neo Member

I bought the Artifex Mundi (humble?) bundle a while back which had a few of these games and I ended up loving them. They're not particularly difficult, but they can be a great thing to play in a more relaxed manner when I don't feel like challenging myself. I'll definitely be buying this for the games that weren't in that previous bundle.

Knurek

to be fair, these games are much more than that, they are adventure games, and in some I played you can do 0 hidden objects, yea, you can choose other options.

edited: what I mean to say, I liked all Artifex Mundi games I tried so far.

Whoa, Artifex Mundi bundle. 4 new games for me.
Instabuy, thanks Arthea.

whatever
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call -- MB-83180BA0D509FAE7 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-1C00712A11A58687 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-8447633F300A401B - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.

t1412943287z1.png

The game looks really good. I see it's in early access so how complete is it right now? Is there any word on when they will do the final release?

chixdiggit

While Ryse was different: "that looks like NOPE category material if I ever seen one".

I rented it on XboxOne. Bought it on PC because it was fun and would rather play it on my rig. Also I only paid $20.

Knurek

it's a war!
I like mahjong (><)

It's not mahjong, it's shanghai.
Nothing like proper mahjong, god damn it.
(We should Tenhou sometimes, Arti-kun, I would gladly Yakuman you a few times).

If you already got these games, I will buy them from you
Time Mysteries: The Ancient Spectres
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride

Sorry, I just have spares for the sea themed games.
It's 2 euro for the whole pack, no excuse not to buy it.

Also, spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-745A51680CBDD727 - Taken by Shadownet. 6 entrants total.
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition -- MB-9DD42188D5498055 - Taken by nature boy. 1 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-A39C6020860A3614 - Taken by cardinalmind. 1 entrants total.

t1412943707z1.png

Tizoc

If you can wait like a day. I can tell you later. Downloading it right now probably will play it when I wake up.

Interesting, the game already looks gorgeous on my Laptop with the high res texture pack, but if this takes less space (how big is it compared to OG Sleepy Dawgs with DLC+texture pack?) I might get it on sale.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mibuokami, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mibuokami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-CF02C9088FBAC054 - Taken by nightstorm. 32 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-5505E6A491AE1DC0 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 13 entrants total.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier -- MB-28EFE950848B8CBC - Taken by Alduin. 30 entrants total.

t1412946527z1.png

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
nothing of the sort! When it comes to high budget games my reasoning after watching some of gameplay usually is as follows: "it doesn't seem to be my thing", "looks like generic *insert genre here*, I'll wait for discount", "not sure if want, will wait for impressions". While Ryse was different: "that looks like NOPE category material if I ever seen one".

edited:

Okay, so I bought this. I have never heard of a single game mentioned here. Which one should I play?

Arthea

It's not mahjong, it's shanghai.
Nothing like proper mahjong, god damn it.
(We should Tenhou sometimes, Arti-kun, I would gladly Yakuman you a few times).

For that to happen we need a proper mah jongg game on steam.
one day! believe! ;)

Okay, so I bought this. I have never heard of a single game mentioned here. Which one should I play?

I really liked pirate one a lot, Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart, nice puzzles too, not to mention mahjong, or shanghai as Knurek keeps insisting.

Vuze

I also dig the artstyle a lot, too bad the story mode isn't available yet.

I really like what I see about the game except one thing (and this is probably a stupid complaint) but I don't like "Survive as long as you can but you're gonna die in the end" survival games. I'd love to play something like Long Dark but with a goal, f.e. to find your way back to civilization. I just need something more than a "highscore".

I agree, hopefully the upcoming story mode will fix that, I wish it had a way of stockpilling stuff as well, having to go out each day to scavenge food and water is cool and all but it's impossible to really get ahead right now and stock up on stuff.

The game looks really good. I see it's in early access so how complete is it right now? Is there any word on when they will do the final release?

Just has a sandbox mode now with a story mode to come, I just picked it up last night so I haven't read into the roadmap for it yet.

The_Monk

Hello my good people, anyone going to play Ryse today? I'll be looking for some impressions.

The game seems to a great visual experience but missing in the gameplay department. Either way I hope I can play it later on, I just won't be able to push much regarding the visuals. Played a bit of Final Fantasy XIII but I will wait until Durante updates in order to play without issues. I just want 1080p 60FPS but when using the program my framerate drops a lot so If I'm going to advance in the game it's going to be using the default mode as the game was released. Playing like this it's going to be hard making some nice screenshots, however. At this point I'm just glad someone is taking their own time and skills to improve the game, his work with the first Dark Souls was a huge help for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom