• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

GAF I need to stay awake for the next 9 hours, what's a good hot beverage that can get a lot of caffeine in my system?

Put a mug of Surge into your microwave on high for 45-90 seconds depending on wattage of your particular model.

Perhaps it's my browser. I'll check ES requirements.

jbg6a5k6seags.JPG
It should be on the main market page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm having a look now. It tells me my current balance, and what I have spent on the Steam market (which is helpful) but not the total earned. I'm looking for how much Steam market money I've spent on real games basically.

The Market Transactions tab on the account page is limited to the most recent 100 activity items (i.e. sales, purchases and listings). Go into ES' options page and enable "Show transaction summary on market", then visit the market page again. You'll see something like this below the "Browse by game" section:

Purchase total: $919.54
Sales total: $1,556.03
Net gain: $636.49

Oh that's where it is! jshackles has thought of everything! Amazing looking at that figure really. It's very helpful but as I'm doing an annual budget I will have to filter out the data myself somehow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Market Transactions tab on the account page is limited to the most recent 100 activity items (i.e. sales, purchases and listings). Go into ES' options page and enable "Show transaction summary on market", then visit the market page again. You'll see something like this below the "Browse by game" section:

Actually, Valve recently expanded it to 500 transactions. Though for most people, that's still worthless. :(

Oh that's where it is! jshackles has thought of everything! Amazing looking at that figure really. It's very helpful but as I'm doing an annual budget I will have to filter out the data myself somehow.

When I first built this feature trading cards were brand new and I didn't figure people would want an annual breakdown. Now that it also shows all of your market transactions (TF2, CSGO, DOTA, etc) and cards have been out for a while now, I have it on my "to-do" list to also provide a breakdown by year, I just haven't got to it yet.

Jawmuncher

I wanted to watch Alien but I realized I don't have my bluray set here.
Damn It. Guess i'll just play RE4 in anticipation to Evil Within. Was going to wait for the HD project but oh well.

rSkTFTU.jpg

Does this make me a good person?

Also: I've gotta say, the market's been good to me. (And that's without me selling my $50 of trading cards...)
PslBwNJ.jpg

Tenrius

GAF I need to stay awake for the next 9 hours, what's a good hot beverage that can get a lot of caffeine in my system?

EDIT: Almost done with the FF13 thing I was talking about, turned out easier since I based it on a guide I found on Gamefaqs :p

Get some ridiculously strong tea.

King_Moc

Banned
Can i get an invite to the gaf Steam group from someone please? Steam ID is king_moc

I've added myself to the spreadsheet too, if anyone wants to add me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my new monitor power light blinks / flashes when my computer is off (instead of changing to orange or red as usual), that cant be normal right? :/

rtcn63

my new monitor power light blinks / flashes when my computer is off (instead of changing to orange or red as usual), that cant be normal right? :/

Have you googled the model of your monitor to see if it is? And if there's a way to disable it in the settings?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For all the Canadians (or others) out there, is there any way around the USD --> CAD currency conversion coming next week?

The obvious answer here is that you'll have to circumvent regional pricing the same way that everyone else already does: buying keys and trading them for games purchased in other regions.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Have you googled the model of your monitor to see if it is? And if there's a way to disable it in the settings?

yes :/ Ive never seen it happen so I was wondering if anyone had

Move to the US?

It's seriously a very bad news. Do we know if we will have to pay the taxes?

Unless you want to convince Valve you've moved to the US, no.

Maybe the steam cards will still give USD?

The obvious answer here is that you'll have to circumvent regional pricing the same way that everyone else already does: buying keys and trading them for games purchased in other regions.
:( Thanks guys.

For the taxes, I really hope not. Or at the least, we can give an Alberta address without any issues.

Can I get an invite to the steam group also? matty_aka_matty

And I just switched from a MacBook to a Surface 3 Pro. Missed out on a lot of good indie games the last two years or so if they weren't on Xbox. Any suggestions? I just picked up Shovel knight to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom