• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
When searching for games of a specific publisher I can only see the first page results. If I try to go to the other pages: "No results were returned for that query."

Does this happen to anyone else?

some GMG stuff
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Journey Down Chapter One -- MB-A391D810B0508C8E - Taken by freshVeggie
Gun Monkeys -- MB-55BCCB9DC62BE3AA - Taken by Darth Kupi
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-A51DC7C4BAB5368F - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon

Dr Dogg

Hahaha I can't believe you folks didn't realise you could select multiple entries for a while now. It's made library management a lot less stressful since the new category management came in.

Also in a moment of madness decided to buy the remain FFXIII cards, crafted the badge got a wallpaper and emote that sold on the market with me only having to spend 5p for the badge and another level. I'll take that

It's a recent addition and likely a direct result of this 121-page thread.
Very cool of them to listen to fans. Wouldn't have expected SE to do something like that actually. Now my hopes of MGS:Legacy & Dragon's Dogma got even realer.
---
Well I turn 24 today.
Yep.
Happy belated b'day MD :)
---
Bummer, I hoped text would be japanese as well. Well at least there's the audio.
Humble stealth Japanese-knowledge brag ;)
jelly
---
Title's not that wrong. People bought sub-30fps games. For many stable 30 is a gain, hah.
---
See, if we're talking about great Alien games in here, we need to talk about Aliens Vs Predator. No, not the newer one. It looks pretty dated these days, but I had a hell of a lot of fun with it.
That was the first horror-fps I ever played. Good times. Being human marine really was thrilling. They nailed the feelings of each species. As a predator I felt like a fearless killing machine. Personally I liked AvP2 better though.

I don't even remember being all that evil.
Though I guess being a dick is evil enough.

It's less that you are a bad guy and more that there aren't any easy, obvious ways to be a good guy. You have to consider each big decision and the possible ramifications of going through with it, and CD Project Red wasn't terrified of basically locking away a third (or more?) of the game depending on how you go about things.

Copons

LOL @ Rockstar Social Club

I've just launched Max Payne 3 for the first time, and this is my first contact with this super cool DRM.
I can't skip it so I try to create a new account but... it doesn't accept my password.
As this is an account I won't ever give any fuck about, I went with my standard dumb lowercases+numbers only password, but it asks me to remove every special characters!

Let's hope the website is less picky...

EDIT:

LOL #2

ingame it asks for a password long at least 6 characters (and no special chars?).
on the website it asks for a password 8-16 characters long, containing at least an uppercase char and a number

LOL @ Rockstar Social Club

I've just launched Max Payne 3 for the first time, and this is my first contact with this super cool DRM.
I can't skip it so I try to create a new account but... it doesn't accept my password.
As this is an account I won't ever give any fuck about, I went with my standard dumb lowercases+numbers only password, but it asks me to remove every special characters!

Let's hope the website is less picky...

It was even worse with GTAIV, where you had to deal with both GFWL AND RSC. It was like Rockstar was actively trying to prevent you from playing the game.

Copons

It was even worse with GTAIV, where you had to deal with both GFWL AND RSC. It was like Rockstar was actively trying to prevent you from playing the game.

Yeah, reason why I never bothered to install it, even though I'd be kinda interested in trying those juicy graphic mods
also, I hated it on console, so that's another reason :p

louiedog

The Rockstar Social Club is a great website with really cool stat tracking. I wish more games, especially open world ones, had that sort of stuff. I love going in there and tracking my progress, seeing what I've got left, etc. It's a great service.

It's also a ridiculously stupid thing to be mandatory for playing their games. What in the hell is wrong with Rockstar for requiring it?

Just checked my email and GMG sent me a personal 25% off coupon good until Oct 17th (it's account locked going by the email)...did everyone get the same thing today?

Pretty good deal I think

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy Friday SteamGAF!

This weekend I'm planning on finishing up Final Fantasy IV, diving into more Shadows of Mordor, and playing a bit more of Dragon Quest 2 (which was just released on Android).

That should keep me busy until absolutely everything is ironed out with that terrible Final Fantasy XIII release.

Copons

It's also a ridiculously stupid thing to be mandatory for playing their games. What in the hell is wrong with Rockstar for requiring it?

The mandatory aspect was the most hilarious one too.
While ingame, there was NO way to EXIT the game if not logged in.
My only options were: "press enter" -> login or signup.
I had to alt+f4. :D

Volimar

Happy Friday SteamGAF!

This weekend I'm planning on finishing up Final Fantasy IV, diving into more Shadows of Mordor, and playing a bit more of Dragon Quest 2 (which was just released on Android).

That should keep me busy until absolutely everything is ironed out with that terrible Final Fantasy XIII release.

Not playing Alien: Isolation?

47HDUjb.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not playing Alien: Isolation?

I'm thinking about it, but I hear it's pretty scary. I might just have to watch my daughter play.

Jawmuncher

Alien isn't scary if you have seen the movies numerous times. All of the action fare has deluded the alien actually being scary at the point.

derExperte

Alien isn't scary if you have seen the movies numerous times. All of the action fare has deluded the alien actually being scary at the point.

That might be but the sound design and very convincing visuals make the game plenty scary even without an alien around.

madjoki

The mandatory aspect was the most hilarious one too.
While ingame, there was NO way to EXIT the game if not logged in.
My only options were: "press enter" -> login or signup.
I had to alt+f4. :D

I really hope they go full steamworks for single player of GTA V and force login only for multiplayer.
But knowing Rockstar, won't happen :(

The Rockstar Social Club is a great website with really cool stat tracking. I wish more games, especially open world ones, had that sort of stuff. I love going in there and tracking my progress, seeing what I've got left, etc. It's a great service.

Steam has tracking abilities too for in-game statistics. So they could use that, or simply do it by SteamID.

I'm thinking about it, but I hear it's pretty scary.

It is! I was surprised actually.

jshackles

I haven't seen the movies since I was younger and they kinda scared the shit out of me at the time. Maybe I'll have to rewatch them before playing.

According to Durante's own words, FFXIII is way better than DS1 was.

This sounds really promising. I'm hoping someone can rip those PS3 cutscenes back in too, and I heard there were some audio and framerate issues (especially for us AMD folks). I've put off playing it for the last 4 years, I can wait a little longer.

That might be but the sound design and very convincing visuals make the game plenty scary even without an alien around.

yeah, the alien could be an old woman in a wheelchair but those screeching violins and the swelling of the music, combined with a save system that makes you wary of exposing yourself when exploring the environment, really makes is so that you're not scared of the alien so much as scared of the outcome that results from encounter it.

louiedog

Steam has tracking abilities too for in-game statistics. So they could use that, or simply do it by SteamID.

It would be nice if they had a Steam login option, but I don't expect them to switch to a different system for tracking on Steam instead of just using the same one for every platform.

Turfster

Groupees BAGB 11 is live
Price: 0.5$/game, 2 game minimum
  • Thief Town
  • Star Nomad
  • A Camp in the Woods
  • Ghost Encounters Deadwood CE
  • VolChaos
  • An Imp? A Fiend!
  • HassleHeart
  • Why So Evil

Status