• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Forgot Legend of Korra finally got it's steam page so I added that to my wishlist as well to remind me I need to pick it up at some point.

While I'm on the subject of action/hack n slash games... Outside of Platinum which other games would you guys recommend I pick up on Steam? One series off the top of my head that I feel I need to try is Devil May Cry. I noticed DmC 3 and 4 are both on steam. Do any of you recommend both or should I just get one of them? 4 is the best correct?

DMC3 is technically a bad port, but the issues can be fixed through mods. I would recommend grabbing both.

I dunno, BoI: Rebirth seems pretty violent, but maybe it's just me. Korra has mild violence too.

I could see how you could define it as violent, I was thinking it is just extremely weird.

Messiah

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to jump into Apocalypse once I finish TFTD or if I should skip to Enemy Unknown. I think I might just get Apocalypse out of the way before playing the Firaxis remake.

The remake is a great game, don't get me wrong. I just preferred the more tactical gameplay of the old titles.
Haven't played Apocalypse though.

Kiru

1412928327141s.jpg

nice post btw =)

Kaleinc

Banned
While I'm on the subject of action/hack n slash games... Outside of Platinum which other games would you guys recommend I pick up on Steam? One series off the top of my head that I feel I need to try is Devil May Cry. I noticed DmC 3 and 4 are both on steam. Do any of you recommend both or should I just get one of them? 4 is the best correct?
Get both, DMC 3 has issues on PC but still great and 4 is pure perfection.

Kiru

That option is checked by default. It is a potential issue if you've ever listed a game on TF2 Outpost, though, as the site requires that your gift inventory be public.
No idea if you understood what I tried to say, but you should try to set your inventory public and still check that box I highlighted. I don't think you can do that anymore. At least I can't

DMC3 is technically a bad port, but the issues can be fixed through mods. I would recommend grabbing both.

There are still things the mods won't fix. Just a few weeks ago I tried to play the game again, and all my cutscenes were just broken. Fresh install didn't fix it either, it's a hit or miss game with any PC

GaussTek

This will be a short impressions, as I've only put 0.6 hours into it, but here's what I thought of Boot Hill Heroes so far:

It is absolutely inspired by Earthbound and SNES style RPG's of that time. The graphical style is very reminiscent of that period (the area scrolling and the point of view are as Earthbound as it gets), as is the incredible music (which is what gave me the final push to purchase).

The story seems okay, has a decent set-up of an outlaw gang being run out of town/disbanding because of the main character's father and it picks up ten years later as you, named Kid, go out into town to help your mother with making ends meet. Along the way you meet Rosa, your first party member.

The combat is very, very much like Shining Force, maybe more like Shining in the Darkness. First person, list of attack options, and the animations are similar to that. There is some clever writing when you go in and out of battles, but it repeats rather than having newer things to say. The combat is simple: you choose an attack, you wait for the ATB bar to fill, then rinse and repeat with different types of attack, or dodge (and block comes not too long after).

There are equip items which add different attributes. One of the downsides is that there isn't options for resolution or the like, outside of switching from KB/M to controller.

I like what I have played, and am interested in continuing. Plus the save points are dogs. I repeat, dogs are save points. I'd say it's worth wishlisting or buying based on that alone.

Sounds pretty good. Hope I can get it now that's it's cheap (need to earn some more Gaben money this weekend :D)

sprinkles

Hey guys, I just got finished beefing up Enhanced Steam's servers.

Let me know if you find something that isn't working quite right
, or if you notice a difference in the loading speed of stuff like price history info.
Thanks!
The "Recommended by friends" box on the main page still has Valve's stupid "On wishlist" over the image instead of the blue coloring.
And didn't you have the little box for world wide pricing on the old wishlist as well?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The "Recommended by friends" box on the main page still has Valve's stupid "On wishlist" over the image instead of the blue coloring.
And didn't you have the little box for world wide pricing on the old wishlist as well?

Nope - it used to have an "add to cart" button which has since been removed. There's also a bug that Valve introduced when they changed the layout of the wishlist (to blue) that causes the price history info to not appear.

I'll look into the other. Hopefully by the time the next release rolls out I'll have most of these new containers sorted out.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Asteria -- MB-F5E0B12895364530 - Taken by Ozium
Procyon -- MB-6FD254E1FEF311B9 - Taken by Tesseract

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No idea if you understood what I tried to say, but you should try to set your inventory public and still check that box I highlighted. I don't think you can do that anymore. At least I can't

Ah, sorry, I misread your post. Yeah, it seems the option is functionally useless.

The first game that I will never add to my account.

What about Black Ops OSX? ;)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm itching for a D&D style game out of nowhere. Being able to create your own character, customize it completely, play the game how you want, etc. Basically I want to play Baldur's Gate, but without the arcane/obtuse mechanics (by modern standards) hahaha.

Any recommendations?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerokku

So you can see what I have/don't have/have but haven't played.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I'm itching for a D&D style game out of nowhere. Being able to create your own character, customize it completely, play the game how you want, etc. Basically I want to play Baldur's Gate, but without the arcane/obtuse mechanics (by modern standards) hahaha.

Any recommendations?

Divinity: Original Sin is the only answer

Ozium

I hope you all pick up Duck Dynasty when it's available... seeing as its a licensed game you should get on that.. Plus the gameplay looks hilarious.

I hope you all pick up Duck Dynasty when it's available... seeing as its a licensed game you should get on that.. Plus the gameplay looks hilarious.

If you want a hilarious licensed game, get Paranormal State.

This looks to go beyond "hilarious" and beyond "so bad it's good" straight into "just plain bad."

Grief.exe

Dragon Age: Inquisition specs popped up today. Goes to show you what an optimized engine is capable of. Rather than inflated specs such as Mordor.

Recommended:
CPU: AMD six core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 3.0 GHz
System RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 11

Or, if you're playing on a slightly older setup, here are the minimum system requirements:

Minimum:
CPU: AMD quad core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
System RAM: 4 GB
Graphics CARD: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 10

There are still things the mods won't fix. Just a few weeks ago I tried to play the game again, and all my cutscenes were just broken. Fresh install didn't fix it either, it's a hit or miss game with any PC

Yes, certain setups still run into issues.

Any recommendations?

Divinity
Wasteland 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Fallout 1/2
Pillars of Eternity (Upcoming)
Inquisitor

It took me about 9 months because it got lost in my backlog but I finally finished Resident Evil 6 yesterday.

I really enjoyed it (I'm no RE purist as my first was RE4) great combat and enemy designs. Visually it could have looked better as there were some really lo-res textures. I think I should play more of mercenaries mode though.

So I'm about to start another library cleaning, getting rid of the garbage, and games I'll never play...

But I'm wondering, is there a way I can figure out how I bought something? Like store vs. bundle vs. gift? And see if it was in any packages or bundles?

For example, I want to request removal of Company of Heroes, but I know I got that in the THQ bundle, so removing that would also remove Metro 2033 and Darksiders (and I want to keep those). I want to figure out how a game has been packaged/bundled.

I'm just trying to make sure games I don't want to keep aren't somehow bound to games I do want to keep.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What about Black Ops OSX? ;)

Technically, I already added Black Ops to my account, I just refuse to pay to add it a second time to have a Mac version. I don't like supporting the precedent for developers charging separately for separate operating systems on Steam.

Duck Dynasty I wouldn't add if it was free, but I suppose you're correct in that it's not the first 'thing' I won't buy for ethical and, in this case, personal reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom