• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

So I'm about to start another library cleaning, getting rid of the garbage, and games I'll never play...

But I'm wondering, is there a way I can figure out how I bought something? Like store vs. bundle vs. gift? And see if it was in any packages or bundles?

For example, I want to request removal of Company of Heroes, but I know I got that in the THQ bundle, so removing that would also remove Metro 2033 and Darksiders (and I want to keep those). I want to figure out how a game has been packaged/bundled.

I'm just trying to make sure games I don't want to keep aren't somehow bound to games I do want to keep.

JaseC HATES HIM!

Only thing I can think of is going to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ and looking at your licenses and subscriptions - if it has Steam Store then you bought it from the steam store, if it says Retail chances are you got it off another site/from a bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Technically, I already added Black Ops to my account, I just refuse to pay to add it a second time to have a Mac version. I don't like supporting the precedent for developers charging separately for separate operating systems on Steam.

Duck Dynasty I wouldn't add if it was free, but I suppose you're correct in that it's not the first 'thing' I won't buy for ethical and, in this case, personal reasons.

Yeah, I was just yanking your chain. ;) On the bright side, Black Ops OSX being, well, Black Ops OSX is a dated (and literally the single) exception to the rule. If I had to guess I'd say the split boils down to some sort of contractual technicality between Acti and Aspyr, which would explain why Black Ops OSX wasn't added to the recent sub-franchise sub until several days after it was created.

JaseC HATES HIM!

Only thing I can think of is going to https://store.steampowered.com/account/ and looking at your licenses and subscriptions - if it has Steam Store then you bought it from the steam store, if it says Retail chances are you got it off another site/from a bundle.

Oh, I'm sure plenty of people think it's weird to get games pulled. I just like having a clean library, and not having junk mess with my completion numbers and that kinda stuff.

And that kind of works, but not really enough detail to be sure about anything. I'm trying to find something a little more in depth. Something that can give me details similar to what I'd find on SteamDB.

I know there's some kind of command prompt in Steam, and from what I've seen, it looks like it lists licences kind of like what I'm looking for. But I don't know how to access it, or tell it do do that stuff.

I already 100 percent cheevo'd paranormal state, bruh

Hey, I'm on board with you. The storyline is campy hilarious but the puzzles and hidden object things are solid.

I have one achievement to go: stupid wolves.

Edit: Warped through the game and got the remaining wolves for 100%, hooray! Surprising how fast you can get through it the second time.

Nabs

"Epic Mickey 1 was a Wii exclusive and was not ported to PC at the time. Unlike Epic Mickey 2 we don't have a partial PC build to work from. It's something we will look at in the future."

kevin1025

Banned
"Epic Mickey 1 was a Wii exclusive and was not ported to PC at the time. Unlike Epic Mickey 2 we don't have a partial PC build to work from. It's something we will look at in the future."

Now that would be super cool. Is Epic Mickey 2 bad or just mediocre compared to the original?

Tizoc

Nice, hope they do get around to porting the game.

sprinkles

Nope - it used to have an "add to cart" button which has since been removed. There's also a bug that Valve introduced when they changed the layout of the wishlist (to blue) that causes the price history info to not appear.

I'll look into the other. Hopefully by the time the next release rolls out I'll have most of these new containers sorted out.
Ah yes, it used to show the cheapest price now and previously. I knew it was something with the prices. Keep up the good work though, Enhanced Steam saves so much time.

Dr Dogg

So yeah FFXIII even after 4+ years still looks pretty sweet.
15495892201_f27cfe003a_o.png
15475908996_de588a74a8_o.png
15312332580_cf4bfb5d14_o.png

15312340070_66a595dcca_o.png
15475886506_4e4332a074_o.png
15499037175_a666722a79_o.png

Granted downsampling to the moon and back certainly helps and Vanille has a bad case of sausage fingers there. And I've still not got to any of the really pretty area either.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Nice, hope they do get around to porting the game.

Doesn't sound like they're doing much other than dumping them onto Steam. Don't get your hopes up.
In most cases we were working with the finished or compiled version of the games. Integrating Steam achievements requires changing the source code and rebuilding the games. We are a small team working on quite a few games who didn’t always have access to the source code or the team size needed to change code for the games. We were glad to be able to get Steam Achievements into Epic Mickey 2.

We’ve scoured our archives to bring out as many titles as we could. In every case we aimed to use only Steamworks. For some of the titles, the available versions were deeply integrated with SecuRom and/or Games for Windows Live. In those cases we chose to make the titles available rather than hold them back and not make them available at all.

I remember playing that game when I was a kid along Devil Inside and Urban Chaos. I didn't even know what I was supposed to do so I kept wandering around the starting area eating mushrooms.

Heh, Devil Inside. I remember playing some crappy demo many many times at my friends house. I did finish Urban Chaos on PS1 though.

I asked if the decision to release games on Steam was something derived from internal discussion or a result brought about because Valve showed initiative.

Edit: Link.

U got answer'd

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Good. We don't need the most disappointing game ever made to arrive on PC, or at least I don't.

I'm still mad about that. The hype for it was so strong :/

Kiru

Fucking Reddit. I spammed F5 like crazy and saw the post when it was already there for 2 minutes. WTF... :/

Salsa

So yeah FFXIII even after 4+ years still looks pretty sweet.

Granted downsampling to the moon and back certainly helps and Vanille has a bad case of sausage fingers there. And I've still not got to any of the really pretty area either.

15312340070_66a595dcca_o.png

gotta love that polygon consistency between the face and hands

what the fuck

dani_dc

Good. We don't need the most disappointing game ever made to arrive on PC, or at least I don't.
Valve feels the same.

That's an interesting idea, but one that I doubt Disney would be all that interested in, considering how much control they want to keep over their IP.

Doubt it too, but can't hurt to ask, I'd like to see more movements like that in the industry.

Interesting stuff. If somebody had held a gun to my head and asked me to choose to an answer I'd probably be dead. ;)

Why so?

fantomena

Im not sure if Valve/Disney even wants me to be quick enough for a code. It takes dozens of seconds to load a code to see it's duplicated.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's a Japan thing, left over from the PS2 days. you have a polygon budget, do you spend it on the faces and other things like clothes? Or do you spend it on the hands?

And in this case it's like "who's looking at the hands?"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Jshackles mentioned the other day that some time ago he asked his Valve contact to talk to Disney, so my guess would, in all likelihood, have been that Valve approached Disney and not the other way around.

Sendou

Jshackles mentioned the other day that some time ago he asked his Valve contact to talk to Disney, so my guess would, in all likelihood, have been that Valve approached Disney and not the other way around.

Valve's after something else from Disney than games I'd imagine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah I was a bit surprised by their answer too. I guess eventually a platform like Steam gets large enough that even Disney's own digital entertainment employees use it often enough to say "We should really look into this whole Steam thing..."

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah I was a bit surprised by their answer too. I guess eventually a platform like Steam gets large enough that even Disney's own digital entertainment employees use it often enough to say "We should really look into this whole Steam thing..."

"... but first - let's google to find out what the hell it is" ;)

Dr Dogg

gotta love that polygon consistency between the face and hands

what the fuck

All the appendages are very basic so essentialy everyone has hexagonal arms and legs but the way they are textured and shaded makes them look more complex. Hands though look really, really silly and considering human hands are some of the hardest parts of anatomy to recreate they ironically stick out like a sore thumb.

To me it looks like she has a prosthetic arm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
trying to figure out how to use gedosato, I installed it and want to use it with Alien for example. do I just open Alien while gedosato is also open?

can it be via steam or has to be via the .exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom