• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
8aw8ORB.png

it was only Disney Planes. :(

Dr Dogg

trying to figure out how to use gedosato, I installed it and want to use it with Alien for example. do I just open Alien while gedosato is also open?

can it be via steam or has to be via the .exe?

If it's Alien Isolation you're trying it won't work because it uses a DirectX 11 renderer and (for now) GeDoSaTo only works with games that use a DirectX 9 renderer. The OP in the GeDoSaTo thread goes over the basics of what you need to do to set it up and what you can do with it. Also if you have any questions ask the folks in there as they're quite helpful about what games do and don't work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
trying to figure out how to use gedosato, I installed it and want to use it with Alien for example. do I just open Alien while gedosato is also open?

can it be via steam or has to be via the .exe?

As long as you've added the Alien executable to the whitelist and are running GeDoSaTo, it should be fine. Emphasis on "should" as the program, by nature, isn't entirely perfect.

Edit: Ignore me because I lack the requisite knowledge of the game in question.

didamangi

All the appendages are very basic so essentialy everyone have hexagonal arms and legs but the way they are textured and shaded makes them look more complex. Hands though look really, really silly and considering human hands are some of the hardest parts of anatomy to recreate they ironically stick out like a sore thumb.

To me it looks like she has a prosthetic arm.

They should've added gloves for all the main cast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If it's Alien Isolation you're trying it won't work because it uses a DirectX 11 renderer and (for now) GeDoSaTo only works with games that use a DirectX 9 renderer.

oh...swing and a miss then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If it's Alien Isolation you're trying it won't work because it uses a DirectX 11 renderer and (for now) GeDoSaTo only works with games that use a DirectX 9 renderer. The OP in the GeDoSaTo thread goes over the basics of what you need to do to set it up and what you can do with it. Also if you have any questions ask the folks in there as they're quite helpful about what games do and don't work.

can you do anything with Alien then? its quite jaggy even maxed out all to hell. Its pretty as shit, except the jaggies

Dr Dogg

They should've added gloves for all the main cast.

Anime hair cost too much of the rendering budget. Everyone does have fabulous hair though.

can you do anything with Alien then? its quite jaggy even maxed out all to hell. Its pretty as shit, except the jaggies

If your monitor allows you to run a higher resolution that it displays through Nvidia's control pannel you could downsample it. Or if you got a 970 already there's that Dynamic Super Resolution feature so you could do the same thing. Problem is Alien Isolation has shaders and effects that are hard to get aliasing coverage unless you use something like FXAA which will effect other parts of the image too. It didn't look too bad for me at 2560x1440 but it's still noticeable sadly.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not just reddit.
It takes Steam a solid fucking minute to tell me the code's already been used.
Guess too many people are trying to redeem the same codes.

Surprisingly, the Linux client doesn't take nearly as long for me to register keys. I'm not really sure why exactly that is, but if I know I have a lot of codes to redeem (like it used to be with bundles back in the day) I'll load up a Linux VM and register my codes there. It still takes some time, but only like 2-3 seconds max.

Miguel81

Something to do with the shader that they used. Sitting 10 feet back from the teli certainly helps. Feel bad for strictly monitor folk as this game is gorgeous.

alr1ght

If it includes the Cars 2 game, I think that's supposed to be a pretty solid kart racer.

As far as I can tell it was only Planes, even though the code person said (Disney Toy Story, Cars, and Planes Pack). Well, free is free. :)

Kiru

I found a way to F5 better. I still lost, I think people already set up their bots for the Mega Pack...

alr1ght

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Region locked!
Was only added 2 days ago, so that explains it. (others added were like 10 months ago).

It should be noted that the franchise and "mega" packs are only days old, so Disney actively removed ACRTAG.

Kiru

"As requested we'll be obscuring a character in each of the codes for the rest of the code give-aways. Good Luck!"

Dr Dogg

What good Star Wars games aren't on Steam?

All of the one not on Steam of course ;)

More serious though what derExperte said plus the Galactic Battlegrounds games and I've got a soft spot for Yoda's Stories and Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures (yeah, yeah I know not Star Wars) oh and Episode 1 Pod Racer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom