• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I hate when people complain about bots. Now we're never getting keys:

"As requested we'll be obscuring a character in each of the codes for the rest of the code give-aways. Good Luck!"

We'll all be locked out in 2 minutes.

Haha, I guessed the last letter of the megapack (D) correctly on the first try mere seconds after the post was up and still didn't get it.

Kiru

Disney Mega Pack ends in D, I successfully guessed it before getting locked out, but it has already been taking. Thanks for posting anyway! Y'all rock! <3
FUCK
Haha, I guessed the last letter of the megapack (D) correctly on the first try mere seconds after the post was up and still didn't get it.
DOUBLE FUCK

Reddit is fine as long as you keep to the right subreddits.

Exactly. The same can be said of any forum, even GAF.

Wouldn't have to camp for codes if they used modbot like civilized people, so yeah.

Barrier to entry. If there weren't all these hoops to jump through to get on GAF, you could probably easily get some of those guys on here. And they'd probably be plenty happy to hand out some goodies.

Using Reddit for a one-off AMA is fast and easy... Using GAF for the same thing? More of a hassle, that probably isn't worth it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ryse looks really nice, but the cutscenes look worse because of compression and they are pretty much pre-rendered across the board. I wish this trend would die already.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Mordor's original subs were retroactively locked.

Yeah, sorry for the inconsistent tenses. The past tense in the sentence that followed is key.

Edit: Looking into it, Mordor's post-release sub predates ACRTAG being applied by default. But, again, Alien -- Sega has historically been good about not region-locking store subs. There's also Gauntlet.

For how long can't I reedem a code?

Half an hour. If you hit the limit again within half an hour of the restriction being lifted, then you're locked out for an hour.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I have also won Too Many Activation attempts. Hooray.

Ozium

REDDIT IS GARBAGE I ASKED MARCO HOW TO MAKE ME SEE ITEMS IN A CHRONOLOGICAL FASHION.. CLICK NEW HE SAYS.. OK

whoops caps lock

but then I refresh and have to 'load more comments' and 'load more responses' but there's nothing, but if i search for 'code drop x' then I find a code drop listed like 5 minutes ago but it's in the middle of the page...

I've always hated reddit for this... fucking upvoting/downvoting is stupid, there's no flow of discussion it's a popularity contest why does a response from 5 minutes ago appear before responses from an hour ago?

reddit is pure trash, always has been, always will be.

come at me le reddit fanpeople

edit: and no, "sticking to the right subreddits" isn't going to fix how horribly designed it is with no respect to the linear procession of time and entropy we experience in this reality

iosefe

REDDIT IS GARBAGE I ASKED MARCO HOW TO MAKE ME SEE ITEMS IN A CHRONOLOGICAL FASHION.. CLICK NEW HE SAYS.. OK

whoops caps lock

but then I refresh and have to 'load more comments' and 'load more responses' but there's nothing, but if i search for 'code drop x' then I find a code drop listed like 5 minutes ago but it's in the middle of the page...

I've always hated reddit for this... fucking upvoting/downvoting is stupid, there's no flow of discussion it's a popularity contest why does a response from 5 minutes ago appear before responses from an hour ago?

reddit is pure trash, always has been, always will be.

come at me le reddit fanpeople

i would like to say refresh the User page and not the thread. less stuff to load, and if you set the drop down to new, it will be there

Ozium

i would like to say refresh the User page and not the thread. less stuff to load, and if you set the drop down to new, it will be there

even when you do that and refresh you have to click a button to load more, is this 1995?

edit: that's only for previous listings I guess, but still load everything you nubs

The sorting by new thing works fine for me. Ged gud at internetting, man.

how?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Yeah, sorry for the inconsistent tenses. The past tense in the sentence that followed is key.

Edit: Looking into it, Mordor's post-release sub predates ACRTAG being applied by default. But, again, Alien -- Sega has historically been good about not region-locking store subs. There's also Gauntlet.

I wonder how high of a success rate would we have if we were to ask devs/publishers (the "good ones" at least :p) to remove the lock ;) I'm guessing - not very high :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just received a phantom item in my inventory. Saw the "new inventory" popup, clicked it, and there's nothing there. o_O

Truly too spoopy.

Just pretend it's a port of the 3DS version.

If it were, the feet would be like that too :p

Looks like Disney is looking to port more games over to Steam

It's a longshot, and they're likely referring to SW games already available on PC, but I'd love ports of the Rogue Squadron games.

Kiru

lol @ this post:

[X] Lock out Bots by obscuring some characters
[ ] Enable humans to redeem the codes by giving hints which character was obscured

Haha, wow, I gave up on that Disney giveaway, didn't even have the tab open anymore. But saw two people in here winning and decided I might as well open up the tab again and try random code one last time. Pressed T to fill out the last missing letter and boom, Disney Extreme Racing Pack.

Kiru

Haha, wow, I gave up on that Disney giveaway, didn't even have the tab open anymore. But saw two people in here winning and decided I might as well open up the tab again and try random code one last time. Pressed T to fill out the last missing letter and boom, Disney Extreme Racing Pack.

HOLY FUCK. GO TO THE LOTTERY GUYS!

Grief.exe

I thought of a game Disney needs to put on Steam

C2Gds4A.jpg

image.php

You're making this too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom