• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of a game Disney needs to put on Steam

C2Gds4A.jpg

Oh man yes. It'd be ugly as sin, but I'd still play it again.

Turfster

So apparently I missed out on some awesome Disney giveaways...why you do this to me GAF :(

A) they're still going
B) your chance of winning one with the entire internet trying for the same codes are astronomically small. We just have some really lucky fuckerspeople in here =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
wait how does Disney own the star trek games?

I wish all the old Star Trek games would come to Steam. Bridge Commander, Elite Force II, Armada. I'd even buy the damn Interactive Encyclopedia / virtual tour game hosted by John Frakes.

Ozium

I wish all the old Star Trek games would come to Steam. Bridge Commander, Elite Force II, Armada. I'd even buy the damn Interactive Encyclopedia / virtual tour game hosted by John Frakes.

I remember the 25th anniversary game (I think?) being a pretty cool point and click

wow marco if not for your post I would never have known it was possible to score a free copy of the disney mega pack :) I somehow luckily decided to go with Q for the missing character and now have a ton of games to indoctrinate my 9 month old daughter into the pc master race with

Kiru

wow marco if not for your post I would never have known it was possible to score a free copy of the disney mega pack :) I somehow luckily decided to go with Q for the missing character and now have a ton of games to indoctrinate my 9 month old daughter into the pc master race with

lol, you guys... grats!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember the 25th anniversary game (I think?) being a pretty cool point and click

It was pretty cool. And in just a few short years it'll be the 25th anniversary of the 25th anniversary.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Traditional licensing deals are so archaic. If we lived in a perfect world a licence expiration would only put an end to releasing new content, not distributing that which was released during the period wherein the licence was valid.

It was trek actually, although it was another similar thread i was in where someone mentioned star trek elite force.

Ah. Paramount is Viacom, not Disney, though I'm guessing you know this.

Ozium

O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

We always would like to work with best in class companies. As an example: We're partnering with our friends at EA to bring out a new Battlefront title for the Star Wars series because we know gamers will love it.

0KlDTp8.gif

Vibranium

Banned
Hmm, the Disney rep on Reddit said that they want to work with multiple companies besides EA for Star Wars- could that mean Battlefront on Steam?

Has anyone asked the guy yet? Dis could easily make EA bend, I want Battlefront 3 over on Steam.

Dr Dogg

Man Elite Force II was gooood. I still would buy a digital copy of 25th Anniversary and love to see the SNES Next Generation game come over.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, the Disney rep on Reddit said that they want to work with multiple companies besides EA for Star Wars- could that mean Battlefront on Steam?

Has anyone asked the guy yet?

The deal with EA was inked almost a year ago. I'd be very surprised if the contract explicitly prevented EA from perpetuating its little "We don't need Steam!" charade.

bf2 is on steam already.

EA doesn't own Star Wars, it just has the licence on which to base new games.

zychi

Banned
anyone able to get the gmg code OCTOBE-R20GMG-OFFERX to work? it says it should work on nba 2k15, but it tells me invalid voucher

Vibranium

Banned
bf2 is on steam already.
I meant the new one, aka 3.

The deal with EA was inked almost a year ago. I'd be very surprised if the contract explicitly prevented EA from perpetuating its little "We don't need Steam!" charade.

EA doesn't own Star Wars, it just has the licence on which to base new games.

Ah, that sucks. Still, it's worth a shot. I get the feeling that there is still a possibility of there being Steam and Origin releases for future Star Wars titles.

Turfster

What did I miss? Will I cry over it?

Disney gave away pack codes on reddit.
First they were too easy for bots to grab, then they were with a random character without information so you had to guess and get locked out, and then at the end they added information which didn't help anyone since everyone was still locked out =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom