• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not so sure. Seems like Platinum is more of a console-centric dev. PC is getting Korra because Activision is publishing and funding it and MGR is because of Konami.
That's because it's a Japanese developer, without a push from publishers,they rarely go out of the comfort zone.

Jadax

This may not be the place for this, but can someone tell me what the recommended price in keys is for AC 1/2/Brotherhood/Revelations/3, Isaac Rebirth and Naruto Full Burst is?

I would think Platinum is open to PC more than ever now given Rising's success, but they're unfortunately stuck with having all of their old games stuck with Sega and their new games are first party partnerships.

Realistically, the decision lies on Sega for old games or Platinum moving forward with new games.

McBryBry

Guys, I need some help. I can't log into my account for the life of me. I had to go offline at one point, and now every time I try to log back in, it doesn't let me. I've tried every password I could think of. When I tried to reset the password, I get an error code. I know the username is right because I'm still logged in on my phone, and its the same username. What the hell is going on? :(

iosefe

Glad to see Tron 2.0 get a release and that Disney is interested in continuing to invest in Steam!
It was so great though when they put it up. I made a post asking if they had plans to release it, a few minutes later it's there on steam and the guy relies "TRON 2.0 - By popular demand [steam link]"

Ozium

It was so great though when they put it up. I made a post asking if they had plans to release it, a few minutes later it's there on steam and the guy relies "TRON 2.0 - By popular demand [steam link]"

good now tell them to make hd versions of all the genesis platformers

MUnited83

For you.
How do the Naruto games run? I saw 3 was 9.99. What's the deal with 'partial' controller support?

Should run pretty well even on low-end rigs. I never have any framerate drops. However, do mind that the framerate is locked to 30fps.

"Partial" controller support means that you can't use controller on the launcher (where you choose your settings before launching the game). After the game starts you can use the controller for everything.

Grief.exe

Dragon Age Inquisition is 64bit systems only right?

Looks like it

Recommended:
CPU: AMD six core CPU @ 3.2 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 3.0 GHz
System RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 11

Or, if you're playing on a slightly older setup, here are the minimum system requirements:

Minimum:
CPU: AMD quad core CPU @ 2.5 GHz, Intel quad core CPU @ 2.0 GHz
System RAM: 4 GB
Graphics CARD: AMD Radeon HD 4870, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX 10

https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/dai-pc-specs-screens

Reddit is great. I use it often. The shit it gets from some GAF members over some of the dumber subreddits is very unfortunate and undeserved. Very useful resource.

I'd also add that Dacvak, a long time GAF member, is also a reddit employee who runs all their community administration stuff. Great guy doing a tough job.

Yeah, it's just like any other resource, if you know how to use it, you'll get a lot more out of it than if you don't know what to do with it.

There are useful parts of any forum, and terrible parts of any forum. NeoGAF, Reddit, 4chan, you name it. You'll get as much out of it as you're looking to.

So I'm about to start another library cleaning, getting rid of the garbage, and games I'll never play...

But I'm wondering, is there a way I can figure out how I bought something? Like store vs. bundle vs. gift? And see if it was in any packages or bundles?

For example, I want to request removal of Company of Heroes, but I know I got that in the THQ bundle, so removing that would also remove Metro 2033 and Darksiders (and I want to keep those). I want to figure out how a game has been packaged/bundled.

I'm just trying to make sure games I don't want to keep aren't somehow bound to games I do want to keep.

Hoping for any more help with this, now that the Disney buzz has settled.

zychi

Banned
so how well would metroid prime work on emulator? like controls-wise

there an adapter that lets gamecube controllers work on pc on amazon. i use it for dolphin all the time. its basically the same thing nintendo is releasing for the wii u soon, but already has drivers.

zychi

Banned
Alternating between mainly Skyrim and X-Com: TFTD. I'm enjoying Skyrim more than I thought I would, but the plethora of bugs in the game make it sort of frustrating. I'm not enjoying TFTD as much as UFO Defense.

G2a is an unauthorized key reseller, so you really shouldn't use it in the first place. Example of why.

ahh good to know. a few twitch streamers i watch are sponsored by them, i assumed they were good. i'm having a hell of a time finding nba 2k15 for $40 or less for my buddy's birthday. missed out on the gmg code from a few days ago, and the 20% refuses to work for me. :/

Tellaerin

Bleh. I really don't want to have to re-buy Tron 2.0 on Steam when I still own my physical copy, but dammit, I really would like to have the game on Steam. Say what you will about Origin, but I thought it was pretty damn nice to be able to register my CD key for Bulletstorm through the client and have the game added to my Origin account. (Yeah, I know, EA game on EA service vs. Disney game on Valve service, but still. I wish that this sort of thing was more common for older games.)

wilflare

it seems like the most crazy things always happen 5hrs ago. which is when I'm sleeping

---
are JaseC and myself the only ones having issues buying from IndieRoyale? T_T

zkylon

zkylewd
The Gamecube version works perfectly with a Dualshock 4 or 360 pad....or DS3 controller even, if that is what you have.
sweet, 360 controller it is

there an adapter that lets gamecube controllers work on pc on amazon. i use it for dolphin all the time. its basically the same thing nintendo is releasing for the wii u soon, but already has drivers.
yea problem is, finding a gamecube controller around here is pretty darned tough

360 controller will do just fine i hope

also btw not that big of a fan of metroid fusion. i mean it was cool, but i didn't like how the areas were mostly separate. also samus' broad shoulders creep me out

Turfster

More Styx hints for new players (or actual players that didn't figure this out yet, like me):
The "if you walk slowly off a ledge you'll hang from it" means that you have to use the 'slow' key for this (Shift for KBM players)

Also, fuck
the damn bugs
I'm really liking the little environmental puzzles you have to use your clone for, like
the one for the relic with the bugs
in the Atrium

BasilZero

I would think Platinum is open to PC more than ever now given Rising's success, but they're unfortunately stuck with having all of their old games stuck with Sega and their new games are first party partnerships.

Realistically, the decision lies on Sega for old games or Platinum moving forward with new games.

More chance of Phantasy Star 1 releasing on Steam imo l0l....

kevin1025

Banned
More chance of Phantasy Star 1 releasing on Steam imo l0l....

I was thinking of asking about that, actually. Is there a reason why Phantasy Star 1 and all of the other "hidden" games or unlockable games from the Genesis Collection on console never popped up on Steam, even as a sixth pack or something?

BasilZero

I was thinking of asking about that, actually. Is there a reason why Phantasy Star 1 and all of the other "hidden" games or unlockable games from the Genesis Collection on console never popped up on Steam, even as a sixth pack or something?

Not sure about other games but it might be because Phantasy Star 1 for Genesis only came out in Japan.

I would love it if they released a new pack - kinda shame that we only get Phantasy Stars 2-4 only :(

kevin1025

Banned
Not sure about other games but it might be because Phantasy Star 1 for Genesis only came out in Japan.

I would love it if they released a new pack - kinda shame that we only get Phantasy Stars 2-4 only :(

Ah, that might be it. I just remember it being unlocked with some specific feat on the 360/PS3 disc, but I never got around to doing it. I'm with you though, more Sega releases would be great. As someone who missed out on a lot of the bigger Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast games, I would love the chance to finally get to play some of these outside of extreme pawn shop and yard sale searches.

donny2112

t5q7I-thumb-640x426-500x332.jpg

It's Face!
/BattlestarGalacticaGotcha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call -- MB-C359CEB805AB079A - Taken by drakaenae. 8 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-917F4A81DD7E4E18 - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-D8C7695B9AFC42ED - Taken by MillionStabs. 4 entrants total.
Crystals of Time -- MB-F40CE073B12C2D38 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-81D3BD817E3D2529 - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
The Mysterious Cities of Gold -- MB-21CAA088D62D5EBB - Taken by interion. 4 entrants total.
Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden -- MB-C108639B1DC6F1A3 - Taken by autoduelist. 4 entrants total.

t1412998969z1.png
Forgot to add autorepost.

Shadownet

Banned
Unless it's ran maxed out, this should look the same as normal Sleepy Dawgs, right?
Plastica Man posted a screenshot of it maxed out and even then it doesn't look like anything special. Though the cutscenes do look pretty nice.

I mean if you don't have the normal edition of Sleeping Dogs, I would throw down $10 for this, since you do get all the DLCs.

FXAA can't be turned off in this game, is that correct? I really hate when they do that as it blurs the whole screen -- I'd prefer clarity and jaggies tbh.
I believe you can turn it off, though I don't really notice the motion blur at all. The low res on the character models bothers me a lot more.

I told youse! It's a fairly pretty game. Kinda shallow though. It's a nice ride, regardless.
Yeah it's not amazing but I am enjoying it for what it is so far.

I believe you can turn it off, though I don't really notice the motion blur at all. The low res on the character models bothers me a lot more.
If you're talking about from close-ups in gameplay, that would be the DoF shitting things up. It's doing it in that close-up of Wei you posted earlier. The textures on the main characters are pretty good, it's just the detail stuff like blood and sweat that is low res, it looks really strange.

It has a strange mix of really good looking textures and then oddly low res ones.

Shadownet

Banned
If you're talking about from close-ups in gameplay, that would be the DoF shitting things up. It's doing it in that close-up of Wei you posted earlier. The textures on the main characters are pretty good, it's just the detail stuff like blood and sweat that is low res, it looks really strange.

It has a strange mix of really good looking textures and then oddly low res ones.
Yeah it's quite disappointing :/ Like his clothes would look really good and then bam, what the heck am I looking at?
------------------------
I just got a Star Citizen code. Do you guys know if there is like a monthly fee or something of that nature? I don't think I would be able to handle that.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah it's quite disappointing :/ Like his clothes would look really good and then bam, what the heck am I looking at?
------------------------
I just got a Star Citizen code. Do you guys know if there is like a monthly fee or something of that nature? I don't think I would be able to handle that.

No monthly fee.

Milamber

Completely forgot to get FFXIII cards until now. Hope the price is still high.

Also, I have a craving for biscuit butter and no place here sells it.

Zeliard

i have it downloaded, haven't touched it yet. how is it for newcomers?

I couldn't honestly tell you, since I have a long history with Quake (I want to say that I'm very glad the whole Steam gametime thing didn't exist back during the Quake 1 days, because the result for me would have just been obscene - we're talking basically a decade straight of playing it almost every day in my youth).

Presumably the recent changes they made to it are a bit more newcomer-friendly, as that was the entire purpose behind them. I'm not sure how well the matchmaking is working at this stage.

But it is after all still Quake, which inevitably demands a certain level of ability and general comfort with this sort of game, so I don't know how someone completely new to the arena shooter style would fare. If you're coming in from UT (despite UT being, as we all know, vastly inferior to Quake) or are even a decently good player in something like CS or Tribes or whatnot you should be able to get acclimated to it eventually. If it's your first competitive shooter on PC, I dunno.

It's free, so it's worth a shot, but try not to get discouraged too quickly if you do start playing it. I'd probably start off with something like clan arena since that gives you every weapon and a decent amount of durability, so you can experiment with different weapons while practicing aiming and movement and just getting used to the general rhythm of the thing.

I'm going to use your post as a springboard to say that I can't wait for Reflex to hit Early Access. It's great that the devs weren't discouraged by the relatively poor Kickstarter performance.

Oh, were they not? I'm happy to hear that. It's unfortunate albeit unsurprising that the Kickstarter didn't end up being a success. I think the amount they were asking for, while from the outside looking proper as far as the actual funding they'd need to make the game they intend to make, was perhaps a bit unrealistic for this sort of title nowadays and in the current, relatively tepid Kickstarter climate.

Certainly something I'm looking forward to when it eventually comes out.

iosefe

I couldn't honestly tell you, since I have a long history with Quake (I want to say that I'm very glad the whole Steam gametime thing didn't exist back during the Quake 1 days, because the result for me would have just been obscene - we're talking basically a decade straight of playing it almost every day in my youth).

Presumably the recent changes they made to it are a bit more newcomer-friendly, as that was the entire purpose behind them. I'm not sure how well the matchmaking is working at this stage.

But it is after all still Quake, which inevitably demands a certain level of ability and general comfort with this sort of game, so I don't know how someone completely new to the arena shooter style would fare. If you're coming in from UT (despite UT being, as we all know, vastly inferior to Quake) or are even a decently good player in something like CS or Tribes or whatnot you should be able to get acclimated to it eventually. If it's your first competitive shooter on PC, I dunno.

It's free, so it's worth a shot, but try not to get discouraged too quickly if you do start playing it. I'd probably start off with something like clan arena since that gives you every weapon and a decent amount of durability, so you can experiment with different weapons while practicing aiming and movement and just getting used to the general rhythm of the thing.

wouldn't say i'm completely new to them. i played a decent amount of the UT 2k4 demo. Halo 1 on PC for a while if we can count that. i feel there is something else i played a lot of that just escapes my mind. it wasn't any of the listed.

it was more of a for players new to quake live sort of question.
So Pure is saying that there's no disc in the drive when I launch it :/ Back to Split/Second I go, I guess.
how's TRON 2.0?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I really am glad that this October seems like it's going to be great for horror games.

VRt9BJO.png

steam tags still the worst and the best simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom