• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkTR

What was the name of that gangster/street crime game that released in the early '00s or late '90s? It's on Steam and was on Giant Bomb a while back, it's first person and extremely violent, runs on Quake 1 engine.

e: Kingpin Life of Crime

Damn you XCOM EU !!! I missed the Disney mega giveaway :(

I regret nothing, XCOM EU is amazing

I should know better than to play games :(

Sort of NSFW:

So, Sekai Project is working to localize Grisaia no Kajitsu/The Fruit of Grisaia, originally an eroge PC visual novel, along with its prequel and sequel for western audiences.

The page the video's description leads to says:

"We will have a[sic] edition with the mature content uncut on our own platform; we're working on bringing the all-ages version of the trilogy to Steam, but if Steam rejects the games, then we will release the all-ages versions on our platform as well."

It'll have a Kickstarter for funding at some point in November.
This also has an anime coming or already out. Some guy I follow on Twitter always post the series coming out for each season.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
He's using SAM, right?

Haha, not exactly. ;)

Sonic: Played a battle game with a mate.
Ryse: Played about five minutes of the first level before deciding to wait on an SLI profile.
Styx: Now this I'm actually working my way through.

Milamber

Haha, not exactly. ;)

Sonic: Played a battle game with a mate.
Ryse: Played about five minutes of the first level before deciding to wait on an SLI profile.
Styx: Now this I'm actually working my way through.

AC and now Styx. You really are reinforcing my theory that you're practicing stalking for something.

Milamber

Should I buy Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 or just wait until the new one that just came out goes on sale.

Ninja Storm 3 is good in its own right. Its got its own Story Mode for one thing if you really want to know of the legacy of the ninjas.

Or buy both so we can get Tales sooner.

MUnited83

For you.
Should I buy Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 or just wait until the new one that just came out goes on sale.

Buy Ninja Storm 3. More bang for you buck imo. 3 has a lenghty and enjoyable story mode. The new one is basically a tournament mode that can get repetitive rather quickly. I mean, I personally like the new one, and I think some of the changes they made were for the better. But I really can't recommend it over 3, especially considering the price difference, and the fact that it has no proper story mode.

Do you like Naruto? I wouldn't get either of them unless you really like Naruto. The games are shallow fan service.
Eh, I like the games a lot but couldn't give a fuck about the anime or the manga at all.

Milamber

Do you like Naruto? I wouldn't get either of them unless you really like Naruto. The games are shallow fan service.

I don't like Naruto but I still liked the fighting. Plus it's hilariously easy pick up and play with friends. Plus it looks great. Plus it gives Bamco a reason for Tales on Steam. Plus HD of all Ace Combats.

Deques

Since I missed the Disney giveaway and the AMA, did anyone ask anything if Deadpool would be back on Steam?

edit: looks like not :/

JaseC

Since I missed the Disney giveaway and the AMA, did anyone ask anything if Deadpool would be back on Steam?

That's not Disney's call. It's up to Acti to license the X-Men IP again as it owns the game, which is almost certainly never going to happen.

Deques

That's not Disney's call. It's up to Acti to license the X-Men IP again as it owns the game, which is almost certainly never going to happen.

You do know how to crush my hopes :/
Disney could purchase the game rights from Acti, but I guess that would never happen

AHA-Lambda

Okay tie my own noose here, but apart from Tron 2 and the racing games, aren't most of the Disney games rubbish? :/

Also that UK Dreamfall Chapters price is taking the piss just a bit.

JaseC

You do know how to crush my hopes :/
Disney could purchase the game rights from Acti, but I guess that would never happen

Yeah, the reason Lucasarts was gutted is that Disney was refocusing on licensing its catalogue of IPs and stepping away from developing/publishing titles itself (Infinity being the obvious exception here).

Dr Dogg

this is so fucking dumb, why is the hud affecting the framerate in ff13? -_-

EXPLAIN THIS DR. DOGG!

http://a.pomf.se/nxghhs.webm

I get the same thing to be fair.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133810574&postcount=909

Never really touches full GPU usage but anything that has an alpha channel will shift my framerate, with or without GeDoSaTo. I know alpha blending is costly (see Dark Souls fogs doors and bonfires for instance) and DOF especially knocks a third off my framerate but I don't know why it's struggling. It's not for a lack of GPU power and tested over a variety of resolutions it's not from under utilizsation either.

My solution to smooth things out? Run it at as high a resolution as I can that I find playable and don't have something like FRAPS or Afterburner on. Not to ease the load but so you're not constantly trying to see what the framerate is. Ignorance is bliss sometimes but I know I'm not going to get a stable 60fps so I'll go with more eye candy and a 90% of the time 30fps update. Of course I'm expecting to all go to shit later on in the more open areas.

Milamber

And I thought I wasn't the only one drinking in front of the PC today. I should fire up ETS2 and see how far I get until I crash.

Shadownet

Banned
Yeah i played some of the earlier ones. It was really shallow for me. Im like the minority in this but I wish there was an actual Naruto adventure game and not a fighting game. Even in Story mode, its still a stage fighting game.

this is on par w/ nickelback
There's nothing wrong with nickelback, my mind won't be change no matter what you say.

JaseC

Because?

-what's wrong with keeping the same thread?
-hard to find (sort of)
-oh hey thread's closed, but I didn't realize it because it wasn't linked at the end of the thread, and it's not showing up in the control panel, rad.

The decision was one part aligning the Steam thread with other service threads (e.g. the monthly PSN threads) and one part the fact that then-recent previous threads were more or less hitting the 400-page threshold on a monthly basis, anyway.

Gvaz

Banned
The decision was one part aligning the Steam thread with other service threads (e.g. the monthly PSN threads) and one part the fact that then-recent previous threads were more or less hitting the 400-page threshold on a monthly basis, anyway.

That was another thing I didn't get, making a new thread

There's nothing wrong with nickelback, my mind won't be change no matter what you say.

Try sitting in a car with three other people who swear that "Silver Side Up" is one of the best Canadian albums ever made, even when you pointing out how every fucking song sounds the same and have to endure it for an hour, and then we'll see what you think.

Nobody deserves that punishment.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Try sitting in a car with three other people who swear that "Silver Side Up" is one of the best Canadian albums ever made, even when you pointing out how every fucking song sounds the same and have to endure it for an hour, and then we'll see what you think.

Nobody deserves that punishment.
Play some Rush or GY!BE as punishment.

BorntoPlay

You guys has to buy a WIIU right now!!.... i really enjoyed the bayonetta 2 demo ..XD

1891497_10152794640833669_6784651978735042185_o.jpg

1960924_10152794658888669_2106571940236220858_o.jpg

10649060_10152794666508669_7358968875385617835_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom