• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiedog

I can't get Tron 2.0 or Evolution to run (yes, I'm aware of the physx stuff for the latter, it didn't help) tonight. That's a bummer. Maybe I'll just watch Legacy instead.

Hopefully Disney gets this stuff worked out next week. I can't imagine releasing 20+ games at once is easy on their support.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i remember this but lawsuit thing was kind of off :p

Its a battlestar galactica thing.

I'm guessing you don't watch battlestar galactica either.
ibuD1SJeZTqxom.gif

tmarg

He must be confusing her with Lindsay Lohan and Rockstar.

Was she also the one who sued someone for modelling her naked? Could be confused with that too.

Although I can't really keep up with all the industry drama, so I could be way off on that too.

Wasn't Ellen Page's comment just tongue-in-cheek or something?

Dunno, but sth I really think it is real is that
The lesbian Kiss in Left Behind DLC is just a parody from Naughty Dog (and a funny act of vengeance) since she accused them of using her protrait. Naughty Dog used Banderas's parody, so this must be another one too but not that explicit.

A reddit comment is not a lawsuit, afaik.

NVM, I confused Lohan lawsuit with Ellen Page accusations, but she really didn't like that (since she didn't get paid like in Beyond Two Souls lol).

Edit: Oh no, I got confused merely by her real/fake lawsuit about her being naked in Beyond Two Souls!

zkylon

zkylewd
Was she also the one who sued someone for modelling her naked? Could be confused with that too.

Although I can't really keep up with all the industry drama, so I could be way off on that too.

i think ellen page was the one with the naked model scandal thingie

yes: http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/playsta...sue-Sony-over-Beyond-Two-Souls-nudity-report/

http://www.christianpost.com/news/b...llen-page-determined-take-down-images-107464/

and no:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/b...-leaks-lawsuit-a-mistake-and-not-true-108229/

http://www.crushable.com/2013/11/06...ge-naked-beyond-two-souls-video-game-lawsuit/

I can't keep up about video games buzz drama too ! Too much confusing !

Miguel81

So, what's everyone playing atm, and are you enjoying it.

I've cleaned my plate and have Alien Isolation as my sole obstacle. I keep procrastinating, though, and am only a bit into it. :(

Finished downloading Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. Here is some screenshots.

This is the best I can do with my computer and keep the game running at a solid 60fps.

Cutscene at the beginning of the game.

In-game.

TBH, I could run the game at max (at choppy FPS LMAO ) but I didn't like the graphics very much: only refelctions are the biggest eye candy additions. Everything else is a slight upgrade and very low res models or textures are still here to spoil you.

Finished downloading Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. Here is some screenshots.

This is the best I can do with my computer and keep the game running at a solid 60fps.

In-game.

Unless it's ran maxed out, this should look the same as normal Sleepy Dawgs, right?

Miguel81

In-game.

FXAA can't be turned off in this game, is that correct? I really hate when they do that as it blurs the whole screen -- I'd prefer clarity and jaggies tbh.

iosefe

I've cleaned my plate and have Alien Isolation as my sole obstacle. I keep procrastinating, though, and am only a bit into it. :(

you should totally get onto that so we can get full impressions

Shadownet

Banned
TBH, I could run the game at max (at choppy FPS LMAO ) but I didn't like the graphics very much: only refelctions are the biggest eye candy additions. Everything else is a slight upgrade and very low res models or textures are still here to spoil you.
Yeah I completely agree. I could run it at max but I would be down to 20fps, at near max I would be at 40fps.

For a Definitive Edition, the low res on characters is really disappointing. Wei Shen doesn't look that hot in the last pic. :/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Alternating between mainly Skyrim and X-Com: TFTD. I'm enjoying Skyrim more than I thought I would, but the plethora of bugs in the game make it sort of frustrating. I'm not enjoying TFTD as much as UFO Defense.

anyone use g2a before? when it says "global" key, it means i can buy it for NA/US steam right?

G2a is an unauthorized key reseller, so you really shouldn't use it in the first place. Example of why.

Miguel81

you should totally get onto that so we can get full impressions

I've been waiting for a new pair of cans -- should arrive tomorrow or monday. Horror games need maximum effect. It's such a beautiful game and it runs so smooth -- the jaggies will cut you, though.

Yeah I completely agree. I could run it at max but I would be down to 20fps, at near max I would be at 40fps.

For a Definitive Edition, the low res on characters is really disappointing. Wei Shen doesn't look that hot in the last pic. :/

To confirm that, here is a funny pic I took (at max settings ofc):
78204DD91DAB2A256E9A8DEA93B5EB4881AB85E1

Look at that low res mess, sprite bras lol. We are almost in 2015. Look at AC Unity every detail is carefully done (yes I admit that Ubisoft made a great work in the graphic department this time)

Strider

Ummm excuse me? Wei Shen always looks hot :p

iosefe

I've been waiting for a new pair of cans -- should arrive tomorrow or monday. Horror games need maximum effect. It's such a beautiful game and it runs so smooth -- the jaggies will cut you, though.
Sound really does make the atmosphere, doesn't it

Ozium

Alien: Isolation ... yes it is fantastic
Murdered: Soul Suspect ... pretty fun ghostly collectathon romp
Half-Life: Opposing Force ... better than Half-Life

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Glad to see Tron 2.0 get a release and that Disney is interested in continuing to invest in Steam!

I think it's a little funny how Reddit gets a lot of shit from GAF overall... Unless there's free shit involved.

Reddit is great. I use it often. The shit it gets from some GAF members over some of the dumber subreddits is very unfortunate and undeserved. Very useful resource.

I'd also add that Dacvak, a long time GAF member, is also a reddit employee who runs all their community administration stuff. Great guy doing a tough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom