• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
how's TRON 2.0?
Starts up fine. Doesn't support widescreen and the fan patch to enable it doesn't seem to work with the Steam version at the moment (You can install it but the game will crash on launch). The game looks gorgeous in higher resolutions though. I didn't play it much because I'm in "Ooo, try all the new toys for 5 minutes apiece" mode.

tmarg

You know, I really am glad that this October seems like it's going to be great for horror games.

VRt9BJO.png

steam tags still the worst and the best simultaneously

The trailer is the most terrifying thing I have seen in ages.

iosefe

Starts up fine. Doesn't support widescreen and the fan patch to enable it doesn't seem to work with the Steam version at the moment (You can install it but the game will crash on launch). The game looks gorgeous in higher resolutions though. I didn't play it much because I'm in "Ooo, try all the new toys for 5 minutes apiece" mode.

as someone whose only experience is the demo, i'm excited for finally get to play it properly eventually

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

Just beat Alien Isolation.
First off I want to say that aside from the part earlier on in the thread that aggravated me. I actually really enjoyed my time with the game. It's easily the best Alien game ever and it's great to finally have something for the fans of Alien as opposed to Aliens which everything uses as a base. I would recommend not playing on Hard though. Even though it says it's the "recommended" difficulty. A few parts just seem to be a bit off. I think normal would do just fine and not ruin the experience for anyone. While the game didn't really scare me, it still had a lot of tense moments I will admit. Especially near the end which was handled extremely well. As many have said the sound is just top notch, if you can play with headphones for the best experience. If there's anything aside from the few odd difficulty spikes on hard that the game wasn't very good at. I would say it was the human enemies. Once again might have just been on hard. But they felt off a little bit when they would tell you to back off and just shoot you a second later. Honestly would have been better to just have them shoot first ask questions later. Since every time they tell you to back off, it just makes it weird that your character will say nothing in return. That's just a nitpick though for me. So all in all it's definitley worth it for Alien or fans of horror games.

Also the game only took me 10 hours.
Anyone pushing 20 hours is either trying to grab everything on one playthrough.
Or is really scared and moves really slow.

McBryBry

Guys, I need some help. I can't log into my account for the life of me. I had to go offline at one point, and now every time I try to log back in, it doesn't let me. I've tried every password I could think of. When I tried to reset the password, I get an error code. I know the username is right because I'm still logged in on my phone, and its the same username. What the hell is going on? :(

quoting for the new page. I just want my problems gone. :'(

Milamber

Sort of NSFW:

So, Sekai Project is working to localize Grisaia no Kajitsu/The Fruit of Grisaia, originally an eroge PC visual novel, along with its prequel and sequel for western audiences.

The page the video's description leads to says:

"We will have a[sic] edition with the mature content uncut on our own platform; we're working on bringing the all-ages version of the trilogy to Steam, but if Steam rejects the games, then we will release the all-ages versions on our platform as well."

It'll have a Kickstarter for funding at some point in November.
Oh wow. Grisaia should definitely come to Steam. It's one of my rare favorite 2D VN's
with completely mentally unstable females
other than Katawa Shoujo.

Annubis

Sort of NSFW:

So, Sekai Project is working to localize Grisaia no Kajitsu/The Fruit of Grisaia, originally an eroge PC visual novel, along with its prequel and sequel for western audiences.

The page the video's description leads to says:

"We will have a[sic] edition with the mature content uncut on our own platform; we're working on bringing the all-ages version of the trilogy to Steam, but if Steam rejects the games, then we will release the all-ages versions on our platform as well."

It'll have a Kickstarter for funding at some point in November.

They should call their 'platform' "Steamy" and get the Huniepop guys in there too.

What kinda games do you like?

strategy, RTS and simulation stuff
adventure type games with open worlds but not for the violence and more for the exploring
indie stuff as long as it isn't heavily contrived around just making a tiny clone of AAA type stuff
multiplayer games you can play with friends that aren't competitive

really anything that does something different and is confident about it

What. There's like 50 new games released every week on PC.
There's been nothing during the whole year you liked?

I've been playing games I already own.

been keeping up with 2014 releases and I can't say anything has really peaked my interest.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since I already have it:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Disney Mega Pack -- MB-6F9ED91D35031E30 - Taken by Atraveller. 32 entrants total.

t1413008215z1.png

DocSeuss

I gotta admit I really want to get the pack but lol money.

Did play Ryse--got it for my birthday from a great friend--and wow. Wooowwww. Looks good, plays nice. Definitely need to get a new CPU/mobo though. Will wait for Skylake.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't like how Disney games have the 'Disney' prefix on their names:/

Funnily enough only three games show with the Disney prefix in the library(from the mega pack that is)- Disney Planes, Disney Epic Mickey 2 and Disney Universe. All the others have the proper names on the library, not having the Disney prefix even if they do in the store. And I think that the prefix is just fine on the Universe at least. And on Planes too, kinda.

Makes it easy to search for Disney games in your steam library

^It doesn't :p

Anustart

Well, putting Super Hexagon in windowed mode works. Ever since I got this 760 4gb card, if I play it full screen it flickers like a mofo. No clue what causes it.

And while I'm on the topic of computer errors/oddities, if I'm connected to my university via vpn, my computer will shut down. No clue wtf is going on there. Only happens while it's sleeping too it seems. Took me forever to realize it was only happening when I was connected via that stupid vpn. Anyone know why this might happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom