• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

This is not the FF13 PC |OT|, and the game isn't out for some time... I don't know how helpful this will be.

This thread moves too fast for posts like this, IMO.

Which is why I suggested copy pasta-ing it onto a notepad and saving it ;)
They'll be very useful for first timers since it'll help them avoid stumbling or messing up with weapon upgrades or stat and ability gaining.
Trust me, I've played FF13 half a dozen times by now, so I know a thing or 2 on how to progress through it ^^;
...only other game I replayed as much is Deus Ex HR.

Tizoc

Oh yeah I'm gonna get a new 2 TB External HDD that is 3.0 USB.
I'll be installing FF13 on this new HDD, but my Laptop uses SSD.
Will there be any lag/issues if the game is read for the external HDD?

Ozium

IIRC there's no way to get it to support widescreen either. At least we can remap the keys.

AMD PLZ

Yeah I remapped it so s was back and f was use.. When I loaded it up it gave me resolution options and I was able to choose widescreen just fine..

wait... you're done with Civ5 already?
Man, I can't even look at it without losing weeks of time. How do you managed that?

I played a bunch and decided to take a break.. I played in stretches of like 10 hours at a time tho, full games only lol... I have 21% of the cheevos, havent touched any of the scenarios yet either..

There's always room for Civ

even if it makes sense in this case (games to look for), it doesn't make sense "recommending" them, any can turn to be awful, and recommended based on what? wishes? (><)

I've played Cosmochoria it's legit fun bruh

Rudakus

Which is why I suggested copy pasta-ing it onto a notepad and saving it ;)
They'll be very useful for first timers since it'll help them avoid stumbling or messing up with weapon upgrades or stat and ability gaining.
Trust me, I've played FF13 half a dozen times by now, so I know a thing or 2 on how to progress through it ^^;
...only other game I replayed as much is Deus Ex HR.

Nice post Tizoc I'll definitely use it when it comes time. Thanks

Arthea

f2p games no longer have card drops even with dlc purchased? So when do they drop cards? never?

Yeah I remapped it so s was back and f was use.. When I loaded it up it gave me resolution options and I was able to choose widescreen just fine..

I played a bunch and decided to take a break.. I played in stretches of like 10 hours at a time tho, full games only lol... I have 21% of the cheevos, havent touched any of the scenarios yet either..

There's always room for Civ

I've played Cosmochoria it's legit fun bruh

damn it, why are you so fast? 10 hours for a full game only?!

We were talking about unreleased games here.

Skab

So, I'm trying to add a credit card to my account and it isn't letting me. I basically keep getting an error saying my card has been declined. Which doesn't make any sense, since I'm not even currently trying to buy anything.

Anyone run into this problem before or know of a fix?

Anyone? This shit is driving me crazy.

I submitted a support ticket like 3 hours ago, still no response.

Arthea

In-game payments or DLC that has drops.

but that makes no sense, dlc has no drops, a game has, buying dlc lets you get some of them. At least that's how it used to be. There were no dlcs with drops, spending certain amount of money (in game or dlcs)made you entitled. what makes me entitled now?
I wanna be entitled, damn it

I have bad news to you... steam support isn't known for its speed or efficiency. Jasec says it takes about two days to get an answer, I say about a week, it depends, probably on your regional branch/person.

tmarg

If your card is being declined, you are better off calling your bank than Valve. They are more likely to know what is going on, and probably have better customer service.

Tenrius

OH WELL, I guess maybe it's time to finally play Limits and Demonstrations as well as The Entertainment (and maybe replay the first three KR0 acts somewhere along the line).

Tizoc

So here's my description of Final Fantasy XIII which if I bothered to write early, I could've submitted it for being in the OP :V

In Final Fantasy XIII you start by controlling a pink haired woman with a ring pierced in her belly button, who is aided by a black dude with an afro which doubles as the nest/housing of his pet chocobo chick. The black dude fights using 2 guns, while the pink haired woman fights with a sword that can turn into a gun, but she mainly uses it as a sword.
Also they are fighting some kind of scorpion robot...that's floating in the air.

Later on you control a big dudebro jock with childish delusions of being a hero who saves some kids and people who were deemed cursed by the populace and ruling senate, in order to preserve the majority of the citizenry. These people that the jock saves were being 'Purged' in order to prevent the collapse of their civilization.

In the case of the first 2, they're after saving their pinked haired younger sister and afro haired son, respectively, from being purged. The dudebro jock wants to save the purged people in general along with the pink haired younger sister who happens to be his girlfriend.

Dudebro jock however gets most of the adults killed by the militia who were sent to stop the incident that the dudebro caused, among those that are killed is a tough mom of one of the 6 protags of the game, some pretty boy called Hope.
Separated from the dudebro, Hope gets stuck with a cute little Aussie whose name tastes like Vanilla.

Eventually these 5 all gather together and meet up when the cause of the people getting cursed shows up. There the younger pink haired sister appears, says something cryptic then turns into crystal.

Our 5 protags then fight some robot thing and eventually get magic powers and become public enemies #1. A hot bespectacled booby lady is assigned by the military to hunt them down.

Now our heroes must survive and travel through various locales to find out WTF happened to them, the true meaning of the cryptic message and how to get un-uber cursed, little knowing the grand role they are playing in the great scheme of things.

rtcn63

FFXIII- Why couldn't we just play as the black guy and his chocobo?

Also, Sazh should be portrayed by Mike Epps in the movie

mikeepps.jpg

BiggNife

If you're getting the "Steam is Probably Down" message it's usually due to Steam actually changing their IP address or no longer responding on the address set in the nginx forwarding engine.

Are you getting this on all pages, or just some of them?

All pages. And it's actually happening both in the Steam client and in Chrome. I have both Enhanced Steam standalone and Enhanced Steam for Chrome installed.

This also happened like a week ago, and the next day it was back to normal.

iosefe

i'm conflicted about that last big giveaway. someone else won the 2nd version of the giveaway, the won that was actually posted by Teppic, while i won the same item from the first and got the pm. here it is sitting in the pending gifts.

Jawmuncher

FFXIII- Why couldn't we just play as the black guy and his chocobo?

Also, Sazh should be portrayed by Mike Epps in the movie

http://rollingout.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/mikeepps.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sazh is by far the beat character ever. I bought his DLC in 13-2 because I needed that awesomeness back.

Jawmuncher

you are all wrong, FF13 is all about Vanille, certainly not about a guy that chocobos use as a nest!

Her friend I liked a lot more.
Though I can't remember her name and too lazy to search for it.

However her and sazh hanging out was easily one if not the best part of the game. Day Sunleth Waterscape music.

Arthea

imagine the droppings

I already imagined, long ago, that's why Sazh is my most hated character in FF13!
well that's not entirely true, nobody can beat Chocolina and Hope, but at least they are clean and one is hope (><)

Tizoc

There's only one chocobo to talk about

Choco_lina.png

Another highlight of 13-2

That's the baby chocobo in Sazh's hair after it wished for a human form.
Or so I am told.
I'd like to think that she's not related at all and is Toriyama's sexualization of chocobos

dot

Hey guys, will i enjoy Deadly Premonition if i never watched Twin Peaks?

sounds like kinky pron

Who was a fan of Ariana Grande here? I just watched a couple episodes of Sam And Cat, it was fun, and Ariana was really cute.

I'm loving Revelations, is RE6 similar or more like RE5?

Oh, i missed this post. You're probably talking about me. :> She's always kawaii.

RE6 is very different than 5 or Revelations. In a good way!

Arthea

sounds like kinky pron

Oh, i missed this post. You're probably talking about me. :> She's always kawaii.

RE6 is very different than 5 or Revelations. In a good way!

serious answer?
watch Twin Peaks! there is no excuse not to and decide for yourself you like it or not.

Tenrius

Say, does anybody have a spare copy of To The Moon from a bundle? I'd like to introduce a friend to it. Will have to buy it if not.

EDIT: Thanks again to Kurt Russel who was generous enough to give me his spare copy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That's the baby chocobo in Sazh's hair after it wished for a human form.
Or so I am told.
I'd like to think that she's not related at all and is Toriyama's sexualization of chocobos

That's one of the dumbest things I've heard about the FF13 trilogy yet.

sounds like kinky pron

1. Play Deadly Premonition regardless.
2. Then watch Twin Peaks, because it has a better plot than the game* and you shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of the game by watching TP right before playing it.

*Well, at least up until the end of the first season, and that's debatable. I actually like the second season despite some of its less than great parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom