• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Lb8vcgF.gif

Now im interested where this gif is from.

Tizoc

Steam Tool Library only defaults to the C drive, I can't make it focus on another drive on my laptop =_=
Using steam mover instead.
Moving DR3 now, after that I'm moving Wolfenstein TNO and Mordor. Hope they'll run well off this 3.0 USB HDD ^^;

Now im interested where this gif is from.

It's based on an episode from the Gravity Falls cartoon, which is freakin' fantastic show. (My avatar is from the show)

Shadownet

Banned
So uh I forgot removing the HUD in GeDoSaTo will get rid of everything (thanks Anteater) including all instances of text overlays too.

And because the FFXIII hate is strong in this thread here's one of Alien Isolation to tip the balance to neutral.

Hey Dogg, whenever you have the time. Mind helping me set yo GeDoSaTo? I have no idea what I'm doing.. I'm not sure if it is working correctly.

Wii U would be pretty great buy right now as I haven't played most of the great games on Wii either. I'd kill to play some Mario Galaxy right now. Too bad the only console game worth buying a console for, Bloodborne, is not coming to Wii U.

Dr Dogg

You can't tempt me!
Because I already have a WiiU and Bayonetta 2 preordered *squeeeeeee*

Hey Dogg, whenever you have the time. Mind helping me set yo GeDoSaTo? I have no idea what I'm doing.. I'm not sure if it is working correctly.

Sure but it's not too complicated. The OP in this thread should tell you everything you need to know way better than I can.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807472

AHA-Lambda

Jesus guys, I'm trying to afford a new rig don't tempt me with Bayonetta 2 aswell >_<

especially whne I noticed that Captain Toad is out on my birthday! D:

zkylon

zkylewd
ehhh i'll just play it on emulator ten years from now

the guy i know that owns a wii u is moving to japan so i'm fucked

Shadownet

Banned
Sure but it's not too complicated. The OP in this thread should tell you everything you need to know way better than I can.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807472
Oh thanks for the link man! Didn't even know this existed. I'll see what I can do tomorrow, I'll hit you up if... I hit a wall. Thanks again!

Need a history of the mods' thread title war for those of us who have to sleep from time to time.
Sleep? What's that? Can you eat it?

Arthea

why you doing this to me Zeliard? I'm resisting WiiU with all my might, and this used to be safe place for me...
Where will I hide now?

Ozium

I'm not tempted because I've actually played Bayonetta, apparently unlike everyone else. Such an awful fucking game. Fight for 10 seconds, 20 minute cutscene with insufferably bad acting, fight for 10 seconds, 15 minute cutscene, 5 seconds, 25 minutes, 3 seconds, 45 minutes...

u wot m8?

not every game can be paranautical activity

( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I just bought a WiiU yesterday, yet I still won't buy Bayonetta 2. Try and force me!
This is actually a true story, I fall asleep during those kind of games

Anteater

I'm not tempted because I've actually played Bayonetta, apparently unlike everyone else. Such an awful fucking game. Fight for 10 seconds, 20 minute cutscene with insufferably bad acting, fight for 10 seconds, 15 minute cutscene, 5 seconds, 25 minutes, 3 seconds, 45 minutes...

The first playthrough is terrible due to the bad pacing and lengthy cutscenes, enemies are a bit too weak making the fight/cutscene ratio a bit bad, you could skip the cutscenes but I understand people that doesn't want to, a new game+ is much better on hard and nonstop climax though, but that would require like over 8hrs of investment. However if your main complaint is only the fight/cutscene ratio, I suggest you skip them all and it's actually not so bad even if the game is on the easy side but at least you don't have to sit through the story and can just kill shit non stop.

Dr Dogg

Shadownet

Banned
much better hard and nonstop climax though, but that would require like over 8hrs of investment.

wink1.gif

I didn't find Bayonetta to be that great either. But then again I said the same thing about FFXIII, but I'm giving it another chance. So maybe I'll give Beyonetta another chance.. One day.

I mean... Rising plays pretty differently from Bayonetta.

Surely you mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/45700/ ?

I like DmC don't get me wrong and I think it's Ninja Theory's best game but DMC4, despite some of the aggro Nero got, was a game the really rewarded mastering the mechanics. 3 would be more ideal but if we're talking about the PC space then 4 is the prime example how to port a game where as 3 is lacking somewhat.

Now we're talking. Great game, great port. I remember not even knowing what some of the AA options meant when it was released.

Tektonic

You have the following unclaimed keys registered with ModBot: - I'm relisting them!
Since modbot says these keys haven't been taken - but i can't be sure - it's a garbage dump!
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Eschalon: Book 2 (Steam) -- MB-4040B08FA65A0DC7 - Taken by Kiru
Canyon Capers -- MB-1519AA529006D259 - Taken by Berlok
ulgzbKC.png
Banzai Pecan: Last Hope For The Young Century (Desura) -- MB-B6DF39F9B56A372C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Space Hack -- MB-8A623F24B4D54274 - Taken by factorone
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-167083672ED74030 - Taken by Ozium
Avencast : Rise of the Mage -- MB-0F9685A72A329151 - Taken by cardinalmind
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-8EFD089A34562E36 - Taken by Patison
space hack -- MB-0F65F612F14E775E - Taken by Sendou
ulgzbKC.png
Luna Shattered Hearts : Episode 1 (Desura) -- MB-CD7BA6A4BE7F53CF - Taken by Jason Frost
EVE Online: Trial Key -- MB-D827D3792DCF9CE9
mechanic escape -- MB-4BFB2EC5EEE3146A - Taken by nightstorm
Hacker Evolution Duality (STEAM) #2 -- MB-E44FC027C011FE75 - Taken by Darkroronoa
Space Trader: Merchant Marine -- MB-755C36A6E55C5D8D - Taken by cardinalmind
epigenesis -- MB-6A3C8A27B1A13127 - Taken by JustLynx
Frozen Hearth -- MB-63DF06E055093F53 - Taken by Sendou

Surely you mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/45700/ ?

I like DmC don't get me wrong and I think it's Ninja Theory's best game but DMC4, despite some of the aggro Nero got, was a game the really rewarded mastering the mechanics. 3 would be more ideal but if we're talking about the PC space then 4 is the prime example how to port a game where as 3 is lacking somewhat.
I'm so upset there hasn't been a proper port of DMC3 like there was with RE4.
I e-mailed the company that did the RE4 port a while ago and they basically said if Capcom wants us to do it we'll do it, so argh, Capcom, do it already!

Tizoc

OK so now that I've moved my games to the new hard disk using steam mover, how do I make steam read the game from the NEW hard disk? When I check the game's old directory files they show up as a shortcut, but the shortcut leads to the original directory instead of the new HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom