• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Leaving for NYCC in about half an hour. Dunno if I'll see anything PC related on the floor that's of interest, but if I do I'll let you guys know.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

circuits -- MB-A5464C4837613CDE - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
nightmares from the deep: the cursed heart -- MB-7C4A464873EA42E3 - Taken by agniswarm. 1 entrants total.
abyss: the wraiths of eden -- MB-C0F0AB9A56917273 - Taken by Ruruja. 1 entrants total.

t1413027411z1.png

fantomena

It looks a bit like the good ol' platforming many PC games had in the 90s to early 00s before everything got streamlined to death. Meaning you have to look where you go and jump and aim a little.

"What!? Do I have to think by myself in this game? Can't the game think for me?"
"Fuck! 5/10 it is then".

Yes, I played it. That and Revengeance are the two types of those games I played.
I guess I enjoyed Revengeance? I dunno if that's by design or cause I played on a lower difficulty but during the last mission I could just hack enemies appart by simply hitting them, even the fat guys. That was fun. I liked the last fight even though it took me eight hours.
I also liked it when Robotdude was wearing a sombrero for no reason.

DmC....I liked how the game looked, cool artstyle. That's what made me buy the game. I just didn't really feel the gameplay. It was just...(and I know that's my fault) hitting X a lot and then getting told I did "okay". I'm just not into memorizing combos and stuff. That's why I don't play fighting games.

Yeah, Revengeance is lighter on the combos and has a stronger focus on parrying. I was wondering if you didn't enjoy them because of their mission structure and progression because DmC is closer to action adventures in this regard but it seems to be the combat.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh sweet idle master just goes from the top of the games that have cards, nice

thanks shack, and thanks peeps that helped earlier. and fuck all the rest, hows that? that seems about right. yes it does :p

Tizoc

cheers shall try it and praise the shack

edit: cnt read pdfs cause of no adobe readeer....stupid new computers :(

edit: which reminds me, I need to get enhanced steam again

moKU9In.gif

I'm convinced that all the reviewers that bashed Styx's platforming are just bad at video games.

I'll make a thread to spread awareness of this game. If I didn't have Afternoon shifts from 3 PM til 12 AM I would've been able to put more time into it =_=

*raises hand* What am I supposed to be using for PDFs in this day and age? Honest question. Never really looked for anything else for PC because Adobe does what I need it to.
SumatraPDF or Foxit Reader, both lighter than Adobe Reader, and more than capable for reading purposes.

wagamer

The thread title literally changes every time I open this thread.

So is it now confirmed that those AMD Star Citizen keys do actually contain access to the full game? I didn't pick SC just because I thought it was only for the ship and a couple modules.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is it now confirmed that those AMD Star Citizen keys do actually contain access to the full game? I didn't pick SC just because I thought it was only for the ship and a couple modules.

As a Knights & Merchants labourer says when you click on him, "Yes!"

derExperte

GUYS I JUST GOT ONLINE IN DRIVECLUB. First time since I got it on Tuesday. Doesn't mean much to y'all but it's a pretty big event as far as I'm concerned.

Who uses Adobe reader in this day and age?

Me since it's totally useable these days and they improved it a lot, opens instantly and just works. I see no reason to change.

Echoplx

*raises hand* What am I supposed to be using for PDFs in this day and age? Honest question. Never really looked for anything else for PC because Adobe does what I need it to.

Chrome has a pretty good PDF reader built in if you use that, gets the job done.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Today's update of GeDoSaTo has FF13 flawlessly in 3840×2160 downscaled to 1080p. Now I can play the remainder of the game using my whole monitor, and it was already a good looking game before.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, Alien sure is pretty sometimes with all the lights streaking through the dark corridors and shit. Good stuff.

masterkajo

The thread title literally changes every time I open this thread.

As someone who knoes quite a bit about Star Citizen, I have to say YES. You will get the full game with the ship because according to screenshots I saw
you get the "Squadron 42 Digital Download" (Singleplayer) and "Star Citizen Digital Download" (Multiplayer Persistent Universe) downloads which make up the full games. It is the same for my ship I bought of their website.

Tizoc

I just now realized that Robert looks like Van Damme.

GUYS I JUST GOT ONLINE IN DRIVECLUB. First time since I got it on Tuesday. Doesn't mean much to y'all but it's a pretty big event as far as I'm concerned.

PSN will be down on Monday :V Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sanctuary

That's exactly what it is.

Main thing that has prevented me from even giving it a shot is how repetitive it's supposed to be. I used to love Tenchu, Thief, MGS, Deus Ex and had a good enough time with Deus Ex: HR, but Dishonored bored me to tears (after the strangely awesome atmosphere of the prison). From practically everything I've read, Styx is essentially nothing but slowly crawling around; with the awkward (dated) platforming, the entire time.

-MD-

Main thing that has prevented me from even giving it a shot is how repetitive it's supposed to be. I used to love Tenchu, Thief, MGS, Deus Ex and had a good enough time with Deus Ex: HR, but Dishonored bored me to tears (after the strangely awesome atmosphere of the prison). From practically everything I've read, Styx is essentially nothing but slowly crawling around, the entire time.

After every mission I unlock like 2-3 new abilities to use in the next map.

Slowly crawling around is what is a stealth game is, I mean there's platforms you can jump to in like every direction. If you wanna start clearing a map from the top you can do that, if you wanna start clearing it from the bottom you can do that.

If you like the stealth games where you hold forward on an analog stick to watch the game automatically leap from peg to peg or a guard sees you and you do a sweet QTE to behead him and 7 of his friends so you can continue your mission then this isn't the game for you.

Shadownet

Banned
I manages to grab a copy of Star Citizen by trading a friend on GAF a copy of Alien. I like to think we're both satisfied. 3 more hours till I finish downloading the game.

JaseC

Styx has more in common with classic Thief than it does Dishonored. This is one of the rare moments where the average weight of Steam reviews is more accurate than the "critic" aggregate.

wagamer

As a Knights & Merchants labourer says when you click on him, "Yes!"
As someone who knoes quite a bit about Star Citizen, I have to say YES. You will get the full game with the ship because according to screenshots I saw
you get the "Squadron 42 Digital Download" (Singleplayer) and "Star Citizen Digital Download" (Multiplayer Persistent Universe) downloads which make up the full games. It is the same for my ship I bought of their website.
I guess it's time for an angry polite feedback to AMD and see if they're willing to make it up to me. 99,9% sure they won't, but doesn't hurt asking.

Sanctuary

Slowly crawling around is what is a stealth game is

Uh...

not necessarily?
nah, not necessarily!

If you like the stealth games where you hold forward on an analog stick to watch the game automatically leap from peg to peg or a guard sees you and you do a sweet QTE to behead him and 7 of his friends so you can continue your mission then this isn't the game for you.

Lol, come on man. If I wanted something like that, I'd be playing "Assassin's" Crud.

Shadownet

Banned
I guess it's time for an angry polite feedback to AMD and see if they're willing to make it up to me. 99,9% sure they won't, but doesn't hurt asking.
I'm not like mad or anything. I'm just being Curious George here. What will you possibly email them?

"I didn't think it was the full game because your description was unclear, so I ended up getting another game. I demand a swap?"

Tizoc

We callin' the series Ass Crud now?

BTW Jase I've been meaning to ask, are the Ubi games on Steam region locked if I get them from russian traders?

JaseC

Yes, I know.

Okay, but surely you can forgive my misunderstanding. I mean, the phrase "Come on..." is generally understood to mean "I understand where you're coming from, but..."

We callin' the series Ass Crud now?

BTW Jase I've been meaning to ask, are the Ubi games on Steam region locked if I get them from russian traders?

Everything prior to Black Flag is region-free.

A soldier dies on each mission I do on XCOM EU, is this normal or I suck? I'm playing on normal ironman.

One every mission suggests that either you're making bad decisions or the RNG is just fucking over you royally. If you're using half cover a lot I'd try to avoid it, while also avoiding dashing into fog of war too.

Shadownet

Banned
A soldier dies on each mission I do on XCOM EU, is this normal or I suck? I'm playing on normal ironman.

No.. its quite normal if you play it on ironman. But its still a bit bad to be honest if 1 die every battle. I played it on harder difficulty and I try extremely hard to keep all my soldiers alive.. Sometimes its impossible and I have to sacrifice some to keep 1 or 2 alive. So they can rank up.

You might wanna do the same. Pick out a couple favorites and try to keep them alive so they can become stronger. The more battles they survive the better.

yuraya

Gotta get used to it. Sometimes you will lose soldiers. Just manage your squads in ways where certain people can be expendable :p If you lose someone very valuable just replay from last save.

Rhaknar

the real terror of Alien Isolation is finding your next save point

Tizoc

It's normal from what I've seen.

Okay, but surely you can forgive my misunderstanding. I mean, the phrase "Come on..." is generally understood to mean "I understand where you're coming from, but..."

Everything prior to Black Flag is region-free.

Tsk, was hoping to get Unity for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom