• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
do i look like someone that owns any of those consoles :p
lPpt5.gif

Surely you mean http://store.steampowered.com/app/45700/ ?

I like DmC don't get me wrong and I think it's Ninja Theory's best game but DMC4, despite some of the aggro Nero got, was a game the really rewarded mastering the mechanics. 3 would be more ideal but if we're talking about the PC space then 4 is the prime example how to port a game where as 3 is lacking somewhat.

it's okay man, you can say DmC a shit
you're among friends

Dr Dogg

Now we're talking. Great game, great port. I remember not even knowing what some of the AA options meant when it was released.

I'm so upset there hasn't been a proper port of DMC3 like there was with RE4.
I e-mailed the company that did the RE4 port a while ago and they basically said if Capcom wants us to do it we'll do it, so argh, Capcom, do it already!

Hey you never know with Capcom's precarious position it might be more worth while for them to take lesser financial risks with ports of their existing titles to newer platforms to fund bigger, new IPs. Just look at the recent output and line up. It's a safe mixture (plus I'm gagging for some Ace Attorney that isn't butchered).

I think you put more thought into it than I did ;)

Hahaha well not much more. But hey we live in a world where some people's opinion is either the bestest western thing ever or the game that will set the industry back 10 years. There's almost no middle ground with some folks. DmC is an alright game, it gave me enjoyment for my time with it. It's not going to set the world alight and it might be a kick in the teeth to series fans but sometimes personal attachment to a product isn't a good thing. Then again I saw Lucas butcher Star Wars time and time again so I've learnt how not to have my childhood memories crushed (albeit the hard way ;_;).

Hey you never know with Capcom's precarious position it might be more worth while for them to take lesser financial risks with ports of their existing titles to newer platforms to fund bigger, new IPs. Just look at the recent output and line up. It's a safe mixture (plus I'm gagging for some Ace Attorney that isn't butchered).

Dual Destinies looks pretty great on my iPad and since it uses polygons rather than sprites, it'd look pretty amazing on PC if you could force some downsampling. Sadly Capcom ain't interested :(

AHA-Lambda

Umm, what is gaf's stance on the reselling of keys through the BST thread?

The guy who bought my Star Citizen code yesterday is selling one today for more money o_O

Umm, what is gaf's stance on the reselling of keys through the BST thread?

The guy who bought my Star Citizen code yesterday is selling one today for more money o_O

If he paid for it he can do whatever he wants, IMO.

I think it's only frowned upon if you gifted it to him, although I can understand why you feel it's a bit shady.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I do enjoy the thread title war that's currently waging.

Out of curiosity, have you played/enjoyed DmC?

Yes, I played it. That and Revengeance are the two types of those games I played.
I guess I enjoyed Revengeance? I dunno if that's by design or cause I played on a lower difficulty but during the last mission I could just hack enemies appart by simply hitting them, even the fat guys. That was fun. I liked the last fight even though it took me eight hours.
I also liked it when Robotdude was wearing a sombrero for no reason.

DmC....I liked how the game looked, cool artstyle. That's what made me buy the game. I just didn't really feel the gameplay. It was just...(and I know that's my fault) hitting X a lot and then getting told I did "okay". I'm just not into memorizing combos and stuff. That's why I don't play fighting games.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sorry. They just bore me to tears. I would watch the cutscenes of B2 cause that at least looks dumb and fun but the gameplay....nope. Not for me. I'm sure it's great if you like that stuff. But I don't.

Its not the fact that you dislike the gameplay, its the fact that you consider it boring in a way that you would or could atleast fall asleep on it, the games demand constant awareness, I wouldnt know where you would find the chance with a game like bayonetta

masterkajo

How much are the star citizen codes going for?

I have seen $20 - $40. But the latter is way too much, IMO. I personally wouldn't be willing to pay more than $20 for an Omega Variant especially since a lot of the codes were obtained for really cheap, apparently.

I have seen $20 - $40. But the latter is way too much, IMO. I personally wouldn't be willing to pay more than $20 for an Omega Variant especially since a lot of the codes were obtained for really cheap, apparently.

Yep, I paid $20 for an AMD code, and got Alien, Spacerun, Habitat and the SC package. So anyone selling them for $40 is probably high.

Fantastapotamus

Its not the fact that you dislike the gameplay, its the fact that you consider it boring in a way that you would or could atleast fall asleep on it, the games demand constant awareness, I wouldnt know where you would find the chance with a game like bayonetta

Well, I'm not saying I'm particularly good at them either.
I just end up spamming the A or X button and then I die, because of course. You probably shouldn't win playing like that. But I didn't find anything interesting enough to vary my tactics much beyond "Now I'm gonna hit X, X and then A"
Haven't played Bayonetta 1 though so I can't say if it's different with that game.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well, I'm not saying I'm particularly good at them either.
I just end up spamming the A or X button and then I die, because of course. You probably shouldn't win playing like that. But I didn't find anything interesting enough to vary my tactics much beyond "Now I'm gonna hit X, X and then A"
Haven't played Bayonetta 1 though so I can't say if it's different with that game.

Oh, ok, I get you now, its fine, idk if bayo1 has it, but bayo2 has a lower difficulty(which is hard locked in the demo, probably to make sure its a nice experience for everyone due to the W101 demo) and you should be able to get by with jus the AAA and the XXX but not so easy that you can just blow through it either without using all the mechanic that dont require extensive comboing. So I suggest giving it another try but thats up to you.

Fantastapotamus

Oh, ok, I get you now, its fine, idk if bayo1 has it, but bayo2 has a lower difficulty(which is hard locked in the demo, probably to make sure its a nice experience for everyone due to the W101 demo) and you should be able to get by with jus the AAA and the XXX but not so easy that you can just blow through it either without using all the mechanic that dont require extensive comboing. So I suggest giving it another try but thats up to you.

Maybe I will. I like the game in theory at least. It looks bat-shit insane which is always nice. I just don't think I want to pay full price for it and Nin games usually take forever to go down a bit.

Sanctuary

I have a good friend that kept repeatedly pressuring me to watch the Avatar series. I couldn't really stand the cutesy kiddie main protagonist. To me, it was barely a step above DBZ, which I cannot stand. He kept incessantly insisting that "but the show gets so good in the second and third season". Okay? I'm not going to suffer through an entire season of something I don't like on the off chance it actually "gets good" later on. I happen to like very specific types of anime, so it's not like I hate the style completely or anything.

Anyway, The Legend of Korra actually looks pretty rad, and I know he doesn't even know if its existence. It will probably blow his mind when I have him over and have him sit down to play a mystery game. As long as the gameplay is Platinum solid, I'll probably enjoy it a lot myself, since I'm really liking the cel-shaded style.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good morning

whos going to be the good soul that will finally teach me how to use shack's card manager thingie?

Tizoc

good morning

whos going to be the good soul that will finally teach me how to use shack's card manager thingie?

Download the .zip/.rar archive from the website, make sure Steam is running, follow the pdf instructions file that is in the archive, after that run idle master. If you did it right it will tell you it is idling a game and will check for card drops every 15ish minutes.

You can still play another game while idle master is running. If you want to play the game that idle master is idling, just stop idle master and play that game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Download the .zip/.rar archive from the website, make sure Steam is running, follow the pdf instructions file that is in the archive, after that run idle master. If you did it right it will tell you it is idling a game and will check for card drops every 15ish minutes.

You can still play another game while idle master is running. If you want to play the game that idle master is idling, just stop idle master and play that game.

and the linky?

not sure if serious

because thats what I do, I come here and waste your time and mine asking for help for something I dont need help with. Its how I get off in the morning

derExperte

good morning

I used this Google thingy and the first result was http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=865904. There's even a YT video.

Sometime I feel like my post pass totally unobserved, so I wondering if maybe I'm on some ignore list.

Eh, most posts don't get a response and then five minutes later someone asks a questions that the ignored post already answered. Happens all the time.

Rhaknar

cheers shall try it and praise the shack

edit: cnt read pdfs cause of no adobe readeer....stupid new computers :(

edit: which reminds me, I need to get enhanced steam again

fantomena

Received a confirmation today from the goverment that I will receive almost 2432€/3000$ in the middle of next year due to having payed too much taxes this year.

Excellent. Gonna use them up on a giant PC upgrade. Graphics card, ram, processor I guess.

Fantastapotamus

Received a confirmation today from the goverment that I will receive almost 2432€/3000$ in the middle of next year due to having payed too much taxes this year.

Excellent. Gonna use them up on a giant PC upgrade. Graphics card, ram, processor I guess.

Hey, how about sharing the goodness? With me. Seems like a good idea to me, and I'm an economist. You should probably trust me.

Asgaro

Guess what came in the post today?

i3GRmalhbTHRa.JPG

Yay for Belgian product!
Personally, I didn't even know that particular product exists. Also never bought anything from Bekaert but I'm gonna try it now if I happen to find something.

Another more well known Belgian manufacturer of similar goods is: Jules Destrooper.
Definitely recommended. Also a jar product like the one you like is available.

julesdestrooper.PNG

And yet another, even more well known Belgian manufacturer is: Lotus Bakeries.
Has an even bigger assortment of products. And also has a jar like the one you like.

speculoos-pasta-crunchy-lotus.jpg

Now, I could go on about:
our chocolate ... taste it!
our beer ... drink it!
our Belgian waffles ... try it!
our French fries ... get addicted!
(Chances are high they originate from Belgium; check the wiki page)
Tomorrowland ... get in here!
but the cookie advertising should already suffice.

pls buy all the things. pls.

derExperte

The only Belgian product I know is Daniel van Buyten.

I'm convinced that all the reviewers that bashed Styx's platforming are just bad at video games.

It looks a bit like the good ol' platforming many PC games had in the 90s to early 00s before everything got streamlined to death. Meaning you have to look where you go and jump and aim a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom