• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

SteamGAF is NintendoGAF too?

3JaxRyq.jpg

No, really. I don't get it.

Anteater

I get the same thing to be fair.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133810574&postcount=909

Never really touches full GPU usage but anything that has an alpha channel will shift my framerate, with or without GeDoSaTo. I know alpha blending is costly (see Dark Souls fogs doors and bonfires for instance) and DOF especially knocks a third off my framerate but I don't know why it's struggling. It's not for a lack of GPU power and tested over a variety of resolutions it's not from under utilizsation either.

My solution to smooth things out? Run it at as high a resolution as I can that I find playable and don't have something like FRAPS or Afterburner on. Not to ease the load but so you're not constantly trying to see what the framerate is. Ignorance is bliss sometimes but I know I'm not going to get a stable 60fps so I'll go with more eye candy and a 90% of the time 30fps update. Of course I'm expecting to all go to shit later on in the more open areas.

well good to know what's actually dropping the framerate and it's not just me :(

I swear I could run it smooth before which I thought was because I disabled gedosato, but tried it again later but turned out it wasn't, I must've gone crazy or something, but I saw people saying they're running at 60 locked even in that same area so I just kept trying.

Oh well like you said I'll probably just put the resolution as high as possible and be happy with 30fps locked. Funny thing is that it always drop to 30 but not lower. Hopefully it stays there.

Shadownet

Banned
I just downloaded the GeDoSaTo thingy and I have no idea how to use it. I'm not even sure if the instruction is in English or not.. I just wanna play FFXIII in 1080p 60fps.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That was another thing I didn't get, making a new thread

The 20,000-post cut-off point? Alongside the "new news = new thread" rule it helps to prevent mega-threads from forming (like the infamous 2800-page Rock Band thread -- you'll notice that the thread lived until 2010 yet the OP was last updated in 2009, which made the thread fairly useless for anybody who hadn't been keeping up with it) and also aids in database look-up times (the bigger a thread the bigger the drain it is on server resources).

Two days ago, I had Bayonetta 2 pre-ordered, but had to cancel the order because I was running out of funds for the month. I absentmindedly cancelled the order, but realize 5 minutes later that it voided the E3 promotion I had on the order (needed minumum 3 games for it, I had Smash Bros and some other random WiiU game).

No more $45 WiiU games. :(

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wiiugaf takin over steamgaf once again?
Also, dont know if I said this in here or not yet, but I bought Mass Effect a couple days ago off steam, im enjoying it so far, like talking to people alot and im surprised at how quickly you get your party, not only do that basically outright show your party in a menu. But I got all of them except one, the asari, dont know when she'll show up, in a hour's time.

Also, dont know if I said this in here or not yet, but I bought Mass Effect a couple days ago off steam, im enjoying it so far, like talking to people alot and im surprised at how quickly you get your party, not only do that basically outright show your party in a menu. But I got all of them except one, the asari, dont know when she'll show up, in a hour's time.
You have to pick her up in a mission on a planet.

Uzzy

Glad you're enjoying it. You do pick up your party really quickly, which I think is for the best, as it gives you the most time with those characters.

Just never play ME2 or 3 and you'll be fine.

Thanks, is it that side quest mission you hack off the computer?(which would make her missable) Or is she part of the plot? Also im never going to do this but can you actually not get someone in your party if you tell them no?

She's part of the main plot.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You have to pick her up in a mission on a planet.

Thanks, is it that side quest mission you hack off the computer?(which would make her missable) Or is she part of the plot? Also im never going to do this but can you actually not get someone in your party if you tell them no?

She's part of the main quest, it's impossible to miss her.

You can miss Garrus, and refuse Wrex I think.

Monocle

I approve of the thread title. If you're unhappy with the decline of console games' content and value, Bayonetta 2 deserves your support.

If that's not enough to convince you, you fight centaurs on top of a jet speeding through a city with a flying snake monster hot on your tail, then you battle a giant dragon climbing up a skyscraper. In the first level. It's kind of amazing.

Ozium

These are the days of miracle and wonder, this is the long-distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo, the way we look to us all...

The way we look to a distant constellation that’s dying in a corner of the sky

These are the days of miracle and wonder, and don’t cry baby don’t cry

Gvaz

Banned
The 20,000-post cut-off point? Alongside the "new news = new thread" rule it helps to prevent mega-threads from forming (like the infamous 2800-page Rock Band thread -- you'll notice that the thread lived until 2010 yet the OP was last updated in 2009, which made the thread fairly useless for anybody who hadn't been keeping up with it) and also aids in database look-up times (the bigger a thread the bigger the drain it is on server resources).

I dunno, if you haven't been keeping up on it, then you can just post in the thread to ask your question you have, or the OP can be held responsible for keeping the OP updated

as for the server thing, eh I guess so.

I'm all for megathreads. They're easy to find and a good starting point for info on the game and everyone's thoughts on the game.

Milamber

Speaking of Farming Simulators, Why don't we have a proper Harvest Moon/Rune Factory on PC yet!? I know about StarDew Valley, but it is taking so damn long.

I just want a full 3D waifu farming simulator on Steam. Is that too much to ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom