• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlacs

humble link. Includes 2 items: Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-17A645604718823B - Taken by Axass

Monooboe

Tried playing some BF4 again and damn how I suck at it.XD Also too bloody stressful, I don't remember BF being that fast paced or I'm getting old.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Another Perspective (Desura) -- MB-856A3B6F325D5DD8 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Sanctuary

Ohhhhh shiiiiiiit my Gigabyte 970 G1 is out for delivery. Just in time for the 14th.

Awesome. If it were 1-2 months from now, the GTX 980 that I didn't order would be shipping too!

Okay, but surely you can forgive my misunderstanding. I mean, the phrase "Come on..." is generally understood to mean "I understand where you're coming from, but..."

Yeah. I actually replied before the guard, his legion of friends and the severed heads party, noticed he was already talking about Assassin's Creed but decided to just leave it in the way it was already written.

Jadax

Anyone know why I can't install AC3 deluxe on my account? I have the standard edition, and it keeps saying "This game is already in your game library".

Shadownet

Banned
Anyone know why I can't install AC3 deluxe on my account? I have the standard edition, and it keeps saying "This game is already in your game library".
I believe the deluxe edition come with all the DLCs.

Steam might possibly see the deluxe edition as the base game + DLCs which is true and it see that you already have the base game. Which prevent you from redeeming it. You probably should have bought the Season Pass instead of the deluxe edition.

@MMBosstones86 Lol you would have to ask someone who has a copy of Star Citizen. I didn't have any, cheddahz had 1 copy and I traded him for it. You might be able to find someone selling it on BST?

All I have left are aliens and some other AMD games.

Jadax

I believe the deluxe edition come with all the DLCs.

Steam might possibly see the deluxe edition as the base game + DLCs which is true and it see that you already have the base game. Which prevent you from redeeming it. You probably should have bought the Season Pass instead of the deluxe edition.

Are you serious? What the gayness is this...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah. I actually replied before the guard, his legion of friends and the severed heads party, noticed he was already talking about Assassin's Creed but decided to just leave it in the way it was already written.

No need for the condescending play-by-play. Conveying tone with text being virtually impossible is why emoticons are a thing.

What Shadow said is correct: Ubi's Uplay subs are set up such that you can't "upgrade" to a nicer edition by purchasing it*. What you need to do is ask Valve to remove your existing licence.

* To the best of my knowledge, AssCreed 2 and PoP: Forgotten Sands are the only two oversights.

JaseC

Jase do you need a 25% coupon for A-Train?

I have one myself, but thanks for the offer.

Huh? I wasn't being condescending at all, but I can be if you prefer. I was actually agreeing with you.

In which case I apologise for the misunderstanding.

FFXIII is the best game I have ever played.

This, folks, is why you don't leave your login info saved on a system that's liable to be accessed by others. ;) And if you're a NeoGAF mod, well... there's a reason Amir0x is no longer a mod. ;) It's all fun and games until somebody loses perspective!

Gotta get used to it. Sometimes you will lose soldiers. Just manage your squads in ways where certain people can be expendable :p If you lose someone very valuable just replay from last save.

Half of what makes xcom, xcom, is dreading to lose your men. Save scumming is basically depriving you of such an exhausting experience.

I tend not to play xcom because of how taxing it is on my nervous system :p

I loved booting the game up after a stressful day and just enjoy the music and visuals. Lowered expectations made me enjoy the game quite a bit.

I liked it enough to finish it, but it certainly wasn't for the characters/story.

I played the second one too, but that's because it's kind of Pokemon.

Grief.exe

Just received my new mechanical keyboard. OMG I'm in love :D

What board did you get?

I have been wanting to sidegrade my Das to a newer model, but haven't found anything that satisfies all my requirements. Been looking at the new Das with the brushed aluminum, but I hate the media controls.

Styx has more in common with classic Thief than it does Dishonored. This is one of the rare moments where the average weight of Steam reviews is more accurate than the "critic" aggregate.

My interest is seriously piqued. Tell me more Jase.

This, folks, is why you don't leave your login info saved on a system that's liable to be accessed by others. ;) And if you're a NeoGAF mod, well... there's a reason Amir0x is no longer a mod. ;)

I don't know whether to be highly skeptical of this statement or cry and give you a full embrace, telling you that its going to be okay Grief.

;)

I am enjoying myself. I have wanted to play a JRPG for a long time, then this dropped out of no where.

I loved booting the game up after a stressful day and just enjoy the music and visuals. Lowered expectations made me enjoy the game quite a bit.

What's funny is Square even uploaded the low-quality cinematics and lower bit-rate music.

Dr Dogg

Well 6 hours in and I've only just got to Chapter 3 of FFXIII. At this pace I'll be finished but mid July next year. That and my framerate just tanked in the new are so time to reign things in a little. Sure is purrdy though.

FFXIII is the best game I have ever played.

Yeeeeaaaahhh, I'm somewhat thinking you had trouble typing that with a straight face.

Shadownet

Banned
I am enjoying myself. I have wanted to play a JRPG for a long time, then this dropped out of no where.

You need to get yourself a PS3 if you can my friend. So many great JRPGs you could be playing. And if you know Japanese and dont mind doing a bit importing, then it get even better.

I have one myself, but you could always wait like most of us and hope that more JRPG make their way to Steam. Persona 4 would be a great start Atlus. Pls.

Messiah

You need to get yourself a PS3 if you can my friend. So many great JRPGs you could be playing. And if you know Japanese and dont mind doing a bit importing, then it get even better.

I have one myself, but you could always wait like most of us and hope that more JRPG make their way to Steam. Persona 4 would be a great start Atlus. Pls.

Vita is better if you are into JRPGs I'd say.

Grief.exe

Yeeeeaaaahhh, I'm somewhat thinking you had trouble typing that with a straight face.

I've never played it before, so I don't really know what I'm saying.

Corsair Vengeance K70 with MX Brown switches.

I love the niose it's making even just typing this out... So good.

I've been reading that there are some problems with those. Just be on the lookout for any issues and send it back if you need to.

I'd even wager it's the best game to be released on PC in October 2014

Luckily Isaac isn't coming until November.

I bought a PS3 late last year and I have amassed just about every good game on the system.

I was either going to play Valkyria Chronicles, Nier, Kingdom Hearts (emulated since I own the PS2 version), or Bravely Default before FFXIII came out.

True for movies, not true for music.
PS3: CBR 128kbit MP3s
PC: ~128kbit OGGs

OGG is way better than MP3 at handling low bitrate files.

People in the FFXIII thread implied the PS3 version was using a higher bit-rate.

AHA-Lambda

Heh, that's exactly what I'm buying soon to. Just waiting for a good offer.

Yeah, I admit it was quite expensive =/
But I really wanted a mechanical keyboard ^_^

I've been reading that there are some problems with those. Just be on the lookout for any issues and send it back if you need to.

Noted. You just had to ruin my good mood didn't you? :p

I've heard great praise for it but I'll keep that in mind.

Shadownet

Banned
Vita is better if you are into JRPGs I'd say.
I have to disagree with that though. I have a Vita myself and the amount of games that come out per year does not justify purchasing the handheld to play JRPG, especially since there are so few of them compared to PS3.

Till this day, only Persona 4 Golden is a "must play" JRPG from the Vita. In my opinion.

My vita is gathering dust after I finished Persona 4 Golden.
---------------------------------------------

@Grief.exe WellThereYouGo.gig
Personally I can't wait till.. Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria lol

-MD-

Corsair Vengeance K70 with MX Brown switches.

I love the niose it's making even just typing this out... So good.

Holy fuck $112? I paid $30 for my Sidewinder x4.

Are mechanical keyboards really worth investing in? I don't think I've ever used one.

derExperte

Are mechanical keyboards really worth investing in? I don't think I've ever used one.

112$? It's 130€ here. And no, objectively it's not worth it or very hard to justify but if you've used one for a while you'll know why people pay more for those.

can you guys tell killing floor 2 to release the game plz kthx

I tried. They're not listening.

AHA-Lambda

I live in the UK so the price was worse than that =/

Can I just say, still loving it :p

and I'll end up spending a fortune on a new rig soon anyway...

Panda Rin

YES YES YES YES YES YES

switching to a mechanical is probably the best upgrade for any PC owner (alongside with buying an SSD)

edit: if you want to know more, here's the thread.

Knurek

People in the FFXIII thread implied the PS3 version was using a higher bit-rate.

Not sure how it sounded in the cutscenes, I have the source files extracted from PS3 release. CBR 128kbit for all of them. I can upload a sample if you want, they are just plain MP3 files with custom Square Enix header with looping data.

You should really take anything from that thread with a grain of salt - some of users here are behaving as if FFXIII killed their parents, and are just grasping at straws trying to find something to fault the game for.

A soldier dies on each mission I do on XCOM EU, is this normal or I suck? I'm playing on normal ironman.

Once you expand your squad to 5 members, try to take two snipers on each mission. It's important that you get them the squadshot (squadsight?) ability once they can get it. Get your snipers to high positions and use the rest of your squad to lure them into the snipers' killzones. Your snipers should be doing much of the work, with the rest of the team healing, supressing, rocketing, tasering aliens, rescuing hostages etc...

JaseC

My interest is seriously piqued.

Well, it's still early hours yet, but in few words, I'd liken the stealth system to that of Dishonored with a greater degree of granularity. Yes, the AI (at least on Goblin) is generally unforgiving when it comes to being spotted, but unlike Dishonored -- and like Thief -- environmental cues play an important role when it comes to defining behaviour (e.g. certain guards will notice that torches have been extinguished and will actively patrol them, and particularly curious guards will be more alert if they've reason to suspect you're nearby). Also, props should be given to the level designers as there's a lot of verticality to the maps and each level has its fair share of secret areas that could quite easily be ignored. While the mechanics are sound, the resulting interplay isn't as dynamic as you'd hope, but even so there's a lot to like.

.What's funny is Square even uploaded the low-quality cinematics and lower bit-rate music.

That pressing ESC quits the game entirely unless... reasons is rich. If a Squeenix employee revealed that the port had less than six months in the oven, I'd hardly be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom