• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

oh-yes.gif

B0RENr6.gif

Tizoc

I'll bet you don't call the Batman games Apples, Citrus and Oranges either! ;)

You just blew my mind. What are we calling Arkham Knight though?

I think I heard that Styx is in fact a prequel to Of orcs and men. Can anybody confirm ?
Watching the Giantbomb quick look and the game looks really good.

I think it takes place BEFORE Orcs and men? Can't remember, but you don't really need to play that game, since story isn't a main factor here.

Turfster

You just blew my mind. What are we calling Arkham Knight though?
I've been thinking Kumquat, since Kiwi might be confusing to New Zealanders

Damn it, why do you always do this to me, Steam?
"Oh, a new thing in my inventory, haven't seen anyone complain about coupons. Maybe it's a booster pack, been a few weeks since the last one."
Coupon...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp guess I dont need my second 970 for 60fps on Mordor afterall o_O

thats everything maxed, including ultra textures

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All you people wanting to know who is who... January is coming.

In January a lot of people on GAF participate in "Real Profile Pic January" where you change your avatar to an actual picture of yourself.

-MD-

All you people wanting to know who is who... January is coming.

In January a lot of people on GAF participate in "Real Profile Pic January" where you change your avatar to an actual picture of yourself.

I don't wanna make you guys jealous with my rugged good looks so I'll hold off.

welp guess I dont need my second 970 for 60fps on Mordor afterall o_O

thats everything maxed, including ultra textures

Good, I don't wanna deal with SLI's bullshit. Single GPU 4 lyf

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that min fps
c0wFV8m.png

better turn everything to low and 640x480

its the benchmark initial hitch, always happens :p

but when it did for a second I was like "wait a second..." :D

Good, I don't wanna deal with SLI's bullshit. Single GPU 4 lyf

im still gonna wait for my second 970 to play it >_> Im into Alien atm, and TEW in 3 days anyway

Rhaknar

The Astronauts ‏@TheAstroCrew 5m minutes ago
Fifty thousand copies of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter sold in two weeks. Thank you ��

I should try that, it looks pretty as shit doesnt it? thanks for the reminder. I downloaded both Metros and Batman Oranges, I think im forgetting something I had I wanted to try

If I wanted to buy a new release right now should I buy The Evil Within, MiddleEarth Shadows of Mordor, or Aliens: Isolation ? Any recommendations would be helpful !

Rhaknar

thank you marco for trying to help me with downsampling last night, and failing because im an idiot.

and thank you based nabs for teaching me how to do it like hes talking to a 5 year old that never seen a computer before in his life, and suceeding

Turfster

If I wanted to buy a new release right now should I buy The Evil Within, MiddleEarth Shadows of Mordor, or Aliens: Isolation ? Any recommendations would be helpful !

Styx, if you care even a little bit about stealth gaming.
Alien: Isolation if you care about the franchise and want to scare the shit out of yourself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Survarium Beta Key (NOT STEAM) -- MB-15ECA0A5340FAB7F - Taken by Maniac

zychi

Banned

ive beaten both shadow and alien. i enjoyed alien more. shadow was longer, but alien was great.

i liked alien's ending more.

Bundle stuff.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Sun At Night -- MB-E01D4E9C1B7A4A2A - Taken by PandaPedinte
Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-811C73CBB60484DC - Taken by darkchewie
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-95043057B13FAD04 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Major Mayhem -- MB-1118C176840CD14C - Taken by Pakkidis
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-1CCCE35E3E781EAA - Taken by MillionStabs
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-3C876A1E9F736098 - Taken by Benedict

Installed steam on an old ass netbook, thinking maybe I can use it for in-home streaming later. Netbook lags at playing 720p youtube video, come on, I even went out the way to put Lubuntu on you, what more do you want from me?

louiedog

Installed steam on an old ass netbook, thinking maybe I can use it for in-home streaming later. Netbook lags at playing 720p youtube video, come on, I even went out the way to put Lubuntu on you, what more do you want from me?

I have an old (circa 2009 single core 1.6 ghz atom) netbook that also sucks with youtube video. However, it plays h264 720p content fine as long as the bitrate isn't super high. Streaming Steam content should work better than youtube.

Feeling like reinstalling a classic, Championship Manager 2001/02. I forgot that they made it freeware a while back. Need to decide if I'll update it or not, will probably stick to the good old days with Celtic. Also need to find all the tweaks and such, hope it's not too annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom