• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

RE4 gets a lot of love. I wonder what could be done with Code Veronica X HD(if it were on released on Steam), as that game is extremely bland in terms of textures.

It is on MTFramework now so a port is not out of the question. Nothing can probably be done about the textures except for high levels of filtering and downsampling.

WOO the people that were staying here finally left! now I have my room back which means I'm reunited with my sweet sweet pc. Now I can finally play some shadow of mordor and even go back to RE6 with my bro.

Arthea

It seems I'm having some misunderstanding with steam cloud, meaning it refuses to work as intended. Anybody in this boat too?

Vuze

What the shit, my Ryse download progress has been reset to about 13GB for the second time now. Is their update system really that bad or is sth wrong with my Steam settings or similar?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whaaat is the game Rhaknarr is playing?!

wait...i only told lash and munch, what is this magical stalking?

and how was it running? seems I can do 1080p streaming now acording to the aforementioned lash and munch

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What the shit, my Ryse download progress has been reset to about 13GB for the second time now. Is their update system really that bad or is sth wrong with my Steam settings or similar?

Steam switched to delta patching a few years ago. Previously the client would re-download whatever depots were modified in their entirety, which was a particular headache for The Witcher 2:

20926 Data 18.35 GB

Game patched? Have fun downloading 18GB again!

Coppanuva

So SteamGAF, is any of the games in the Divinity Anthology worth it? That would be Divinity 2 Director's Cut, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity. Debating if I wanna pick it up cause I remember one of the games in this series being somewhat liked (I think?), but not sure since reviews seem kinda mediocre all around.

Dr Dogg

Well it took 6 hours to get to Lake Bresha but not I've spent the past 2 hours clip clopping back and forth looking and the purddy, shiny, crystal scenery.
15505799262_e080cf3b42_o.png
15319452340_341e45e114_o.png

15505822272_3e0d4c9024_o.png
15506216775_a4ca5e5fcb_o.png

I'm not finishing FFXIII anytime soon at this rate.

Vuze

Steam switched to delta patching a few years ago. Previously the client would re-download whatever depots were modified in their entirety, which was a particular headache for The Witcher 2:

Game patched? Have fun downloading 18GB again!
Well in this case it's "Game patched? Have fun download 12GB again!", so not much better I guess
le sigh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-AF059212E852D512 - Taken by nature boy. 3 entrants total.
I'm shocked at how much this doesn't suck. The black hole gun is very satisfying. The romantic subplot is bad and they should feel bad.
Summoner -- MB-1CBD636E57034906 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.
A PS2 launch game, on my Steam?! PC gaming rules
Supreme Commander Gold Edition -- MB-9512651A09AA3998 - Taken by Maniac. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-712301675B48A7CD - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
It's like Zelda with Spawn/WoW aesthetics and more "badass" level. If you can get past that, it's a decent game.
Nightmares from the Deep - The Cursed Heart -- MB-7D6B27D634E3749B - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
Some hidden object game
Proteus -- MB-32EFBC66E0EBCC46 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.
You wander around in a psychadelic pastel blob world and then some sparkly stuff happens and you win the game ????
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-F4C5DA3B42989D76 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.
MX vs ATV Reflex -- MB-CF1A4FF0A1A6FBF0 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Do people who ride dirt bikes actually have computers? Or electricity? Just asking the tough questions
Titan Quest Gold -- MB-F573BC6A77E0BE4F - Taken by nja. 3 entrants total.
This is actually the best Diablo-like game I've ever played

t1413050453z1.png

madjoki

Well you have to download all changed files everytime they are updated.
If game consist of large package files, it can be problem.

But does it work with encrypted files?

Edit: Forgot game's released already. But still they could use encrypted files to prevent modding thought.

fantomena

If anyone here owns a Vita. Download Pix the Cat. The biggest gaming suprise so far this year. Fucking incredible addicting and awesome game.

Miguel81

It is on MTFramework now so a port is not out of the question. Nothing can probably be done about the textures except for high levels of filtering and downsampling.

That's good to know about it using the MT Framework engine. The game is one of the more disturbing titles in the series, and a bit of a black sheep but still a good game imo. Would welcome it on Steam since it's the only main title that has not had a PC version.

Vuze

Well you have to download all changed files everytime they are updated.
If game consist of large package files, it can be problem.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Not sure whether or not that's the case, I will just post in the discussion board, maybe they can do something about this. Downloaded the past two nights for nothing v_v'

derExperte

If anyone here owns a Vita. Downlaod Pix the Cat. The biggest gaming suprise so far this way. Fucking incredible addicting awesome game.

So I've heard. And since everything else on PS+ is either bad or old and I can't connect to Driveclub a second time, why not?

JaseC

But does it work with encrypted files?

Hard to say. My gut feeling would be "no" since when Steam downloads encrypted pre-load data it downloads the individual depot archives, although that being said, when you decrypt a game on Steam it updates any files that were modified since the pre-load completed, which is largely why decryption times vary from user to user (if the client didn't do this you'd just be forced to download an update upon clicking "Play").

Anywho, the Ryse patch that was pushed out several hours ago is just 1.7MB in actuality:

rysewqkhx.jpg

Maniac

Banned
I'll try again, I guess. Does any of you lovely SteamGAF folks have a spare Star Citizen key? I want me a space-mustang, but I've seen nothing but rip-offs in the B/S/T thread thus far, and I really can't stomach giving someone 35 bucks for something they paid 33 cents for.

... Especially because I can't pay that much, lol

Vuze

Anywho, the Ryse patch that was pushed out several hours ago is just 1.7MB in actuality:

[IMGhttp://abload.de/img/rysewqkhx.jpg[/IMG]
Huh, how random. Thanks for the info, I'll just download it at university on monday, maybe that solves the issue then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeeeeeeeeeeeah...fuck that Alien save system. dying after a long ass section like I just did and the save was like 30minutes of progress is hugely deflating

JaseC

yeeeeeeeeeeeah...fuck that Alien save system. dying after a long ass section like I just did and the save was like 30minutes of progress is hugely deflating

If you want the authentic Uplay experience, play for 96 hours and then start a new game.

Just got a weird download corrupt message while trying to download Isolation. Switching download servers let me resume downloading but I've never had that happen before.

Yeah, you did miss a couple save stations, I guess? (from reading the Alien OT). 99% of the time you'll be safe if the Alien is up in the vents and you save, despite the save station saying there are enemies nearby.
Major site malfunction over at gamesplanet? Dead Rising 3 is currently free, already activated my own copy.
Too bad the site freaks out when you try to add it to your cart now. :/ I knew a couple people I would have given copies to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom