• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's all take a moment of silence for the employee of GamesPlanet.com that will begin the job hunt on Monday morning, my his unemployment be swift.

In Steam news, I watched Alien and Aliens today to get a refresher before I really dig into Isolation and it's got me pretty pumped to get started.

Terra_Ex

And of course I had to be doing some programming instead of constantly refreshing the steamgaf page when the DR3 glitch happened. Dammit, would have grabbed a key and set myself in offline mode until I'd finished the game.

No idea. I'm on Windows 8.1. I followed the instructions but it doesn't load in 1080p, even though I selected it during installation. The "Killer App Mod" text appears on the load screens but it's still in the same 1024x768 resolution as before.
The mod adds it's own exe to the Tron folder, you need to launch the game through that. Sadly those of us that have tried can't get the game to load when launched that way. I just added a 1440x1080 res and decided to settle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems my key was a dupe aswell like most, so dont feel too bad for missing it, seems very few were lucky to get a working key

dot

I missed some free Disney games from reddit and DR3 was free?! Oh well, at least i have the game already...

the things you learn

who else is secretly a girl? dot?

bwahahaha :3

peflk23.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jørdan;133903982 said:
It's the people who'll be buying dupe/revoked keys from traders I feel for.

what about the people profiting from this price mistake? THOSE are the ones I feel bad about, they are the true heroes :(

AsylumX

Jørdan;133903982 said:
It's the people who'll be buying dupe/revoked keys from traders I feel for.

Why would they revoke keys, it's not like you obtained them in an illegal way. They just miss-priced it. Consumer laws in most countries would prevent the company from removing this from your account.

Lomax

Why would they revoke keys, it's not like you obtained them in an illegal way. They just miss-priced it. Consumer laws in most countries would prevent the company from removing this from your account.

There's no consumer law in the world that requires a company to honor a legitimate mistake. While it seems unlikely they'd be revoked, it's certainly possible. All consumer law would require them to do is "refund" what you spent.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
no, but there is one that replaces every character with Lightning.
or will be, mark my word

Still waiting on the Lightning Saga, a new SE developed series which replaces every mainline Final Fantasy game's main character with Lightning.

No more Terra, Vaan, Cloud, Cecil, etc. Only Lightning now.

if the site isnt legit, yes

cant wait for people to sell those keys here for "only" 20 bucks

Yeah, certain people in certain threads are like that. But hey, look on the bright side, at least it tells you who to avoid purchasing from in the future.

Porcupine

I just checked, it's not "illegal" in Germany to get a product through a price mistake but the company has the right to get the product back!

Yeah, certain people in certain threads are like that. But hey, look on the bright side, at least it tells you who to avoid purchasing from in the future.
The latest page in the B/S/T thread, for example...

Yeah it ticks me off. But whatever, I guess I don't have to buy from 'em. Doesn't make it acceptable though.

Nothing more disgusting than people taking advantage of pricing errors
thanks amd!

Someone sell me their RoG swift please, still out of stock everywhere and it only comes in stock for 5 minutes at a time every couple of days ;-;

madjoki

I just checked, it's not "illegal" in Germany to get a product through a price mistake but the company has the right to get the product back!

I'm pretty sure they have right to CANCEL before delivering. Not demand you send it back.
But then again digitally they can just take it from you and there's nothing you can do.

(I'm not lawyer)

Chariot

The latest page in the B/S/T thread, for example...

Yeah it ticks me off. But whatever, I guess I don't have to buy from 'em. Doesn't make it acceptable though.
Worst thing is, that the guy is one of hours, bidding the game for Alien without informing about how he acquired it. So some guy might trade his honest bought Alien and then get a revoked game in exchange.

And yes, he did grab it through the error:

I also managed to grab one. If anyone is willing to exchange for an Alien key then pm me.

Jørdan

If money was exchanged that would be different but people got the keys for free and it would be within the site's right to stop that. As for what is legal or the probable course of action they'll take I can't say but I think given the circumstances it is an option. Would the game licence be valid and therefore protected in your account if it was obtained this way? Consumer law may protect you if it was discounted, I'd wager that a pricing error making it free is different. You don't have a moral or natural right to free shit.

Rhaknar

Worst thing is, that the guy is one of hours, bidding the game for Alien without informing about how he acquired it. So some guy might trade his honest bought Alien and then get a revoked game in exchange.

And yes, he did grab it through the error:

one of our what? steamgaffers? youre talking like that doesnt happen all the time here lol

JDHarbs

Its okay guys. I took my B/S/T post down. I just got a bit excited because I always miss out on these things.

and no I hadn't traded it yet.
I hope people don't think of me as some kind of asshole. I hadn't really considered it possibly being a dupe.

Please forgive me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom