• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

one of our what? steamgaffers? youre talking like that doesnt happen all the time here lol
Apparently I'm less cynic, but I have the feeling that the people here have either a sense of honor or at least a sense of not doing such things in the same forum, as if nobody would see it..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Apparently I'm less cynic, but I have the feeling that the people here have either a sense of honor or at least a sense of not doing such things in the same forum, as if nobody would see it..

I cant tell if youre being serious, but its funny either way :)

Grief.exe

Steam numbers are insane right now

jn1W4kZ.png

Dota 2 is nearing 1 million concurrent with Counter Strke: GO nearing 250,000. TF2 at 100,000 and Civ V, Garry's Mod, Skyrim, and Football Manager at 50k.

Finally we have the original Counter Strike, newest AAA in Mordor, and free weekend Space Engineers at around 30k.

Final Fantasy XIII has around 10,000.

Jadax

jn1W4kZ.png

Dota 2 is nearing 1 million concurrent with Counter Strke: GO nearing 250,000. TF2 at 100,000 and Civ V, Garry's Mod, Skyrim, and Football Manager at 50k.

And yet we struggle to find SteamGaffers to play dota 2 with!

jn1W4kZ.png

Finally we have the original Counter Strike, newest AAA in Mordor, and free weekend Space Engineers at around 30k.

But like, half of those are Dota alts using family sharing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so happy I can stream at 1080p flawlessly now (or so I was told), might start doing it more.often.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

jn1W4kZ.png

Y'know, I'd love to be privy to how large Valve's cash reserve is. It'd have to be utterly ridiculous at this point -- I recall Gabe saying a few years ago that the company was more profitable per employee than Apple.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Y'know, I'd love to be privy to how large Valve's cash reserve is. It'd have to be utterly ridiculous at this point -- I recall Gabe saying a few years ago that the company was more profitable per employee than Apple.

no wonder - since they only have like 5 people working in customer support :p
I know, I know :p

Did Valve change something about Family Sharing at some point or could you never play one game from your own library, while someone else accesses another game at the same time? My GF wants to play Skyrim, but can't when I'm playing something else. As soon as I start a game, she gets a message.

I thought Family Sharing was only limited to the same game?

Did Valve change something about Family Sharing at some point or could you never play one game from your own library, while someone else accesses another game at the same time? My GF wants to play Skyrim, but can't when I'm playing something else. As soon as I start a game, she gets a message.

It's always been that way, luckily my friend buys games and never plays them :D Although lately I've been pulling most of the purchase weight.

-MD-

Only one person can be accessing the shared account at a time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Family Sharing has never allowed simultaneous game access. I do think Valve will eventually loosen this restriction, though

Edit: b10.

Rhaknar

Please do since I need to make rude comments, and tell you suck at playing games over the interwebs.

but you can do that right here, its a fact

facts dont offend, they are facts. like for example: "youre fat mokoi".

It's always been that way, luckily my friend buys games and never plays them :D Although lately I've been pulling most of the purchase weight.

Only one person can be accessing the shared account at a time.

Thanks!

Huh, that's interesting. That makes Family Sharing really pointless. In a real family situation I mean. Imagine living in the same house and sharing one account with a sibling. And then you can't play different games from the same library? Really?

madjoki

Thanks!

Huh, that's interesting. That makes Family Sharing really pointless. In a real family situation I mean. Imagine living in the same house and sharing one account with a sibling. And then you can't play different games from the same library? Really?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense.
You could always create new account for each game and then sharing would be "perfect". I don't think there's limit to how many accounts you can get shared from. (It would be just big pita to setup).

Thanks!

If you only had one Xbox, you could only play one game at a time as well.

Kaleinc

Banned
Thanks!

Well, you can't play the same ps2 game on 2 consoles at the same time either.

Pakkidis

Does anybody here know of any good internal wifi adapters for win 8.1? Surfing the net is fine but any sort of gaming or streaming and my wifi card can't handle it anymore. It USE to be good but for some reason the last few months it no longer seems to give consistent speeds.

Helmholtz

jn1W4kZ.png

[/spoiler]
Crazy to see how big CS:GO has gotten. I remember it had a pretty lukewarm reception when it was launched, and it wasn't very popular for a while. They really managed to turn that around.
I have to wonder how much longer TF2 will last. Personally I dropped the game a few years ago.

Mokoi

Banned
All you people wanting to know who is who... January is coming.
In January a lot of people on GAF participate in "Real Profile Pic January" where you change your avatar to an actual picture of yourself.
Cool
With all that cash they have the least they can do is add 128 tickrate MM servers to cs;go.
but you can do that right here, its a fact
facts dont offend, they are facts. like for example: "youre fat mokoi".

Rhaknar pls.

zychi

Banned
Does anybody here know of any good internal wifi adapters for win 8.1? Surfing the net is fine but any sort of gaming or streaming and my wifi card can't handle it anymore. It USE to be good but for some reason the last few months it no longer seems to give consistent speeds.

I know you said internal, but i have one of these, and it works great for wireless gaming when I disconnect my wired connection

zychi

Banned
Crazy to see how big CS:GO has gotten. I remember it had a pretty lukewarm reception when it was launched, and it wasn't very popular for a while. They really managed to turn that around.
I have to wonder how much longer TF2 will last. Personally I dropped the game a few years ago.

I suspect TF2 will stay strong until CSGO goers f2p. CSGO has really benefited from streamers. I play it more when I watch people stream it. I've owned it since day one tho

Well, you can't play the same ps2 game on 2 consoles at the same time either.

That doesn't make sense. I'm trying to play FF13, she's playing Skyrim. Once I launch FF, Skyrim stops working on her end. With PS2 games, we could easily share games like that.

Addnan

Thanks!

Stick the main account into offline mode if you are not doing anything online.

JDHarbs

I feel ashamed of what I almost did so I'm giving the key away to make things right. No need to thank me at all even though the post says so. Hoping its not a dupe. Sorry GAF :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JDHarbs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition -- MB-AEE0499AF124BA9A - Taken by Phawx. 65 entrants total.

t1413070373z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom