• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Oh, the $575 is the four pack, the regular headphones are "just" $150 each.
I didn't even notice the price there when I copy pasted the picture.

It looks like they are actually $115 and the extra $35 is for tax/shipping. At least it has a detachable 3.5mm cable, I guess.

Grief.exe

So guys, what's your thoughts on this headphones?

20141010152224-Headphones_info2.jpg

20141008083203-combo.jpg

$150?

Grab some AD700s, HD598s, or M50s.

Speaking of crazy headphones, I was looking at some particularly nice ones last night

$1000

Audeze-About-LCD2-Reflect-200x200.jpg

Looks like I'll be doing some headset shopping then, yippee. Current pair seem to suddenly be fucked, not quite sure why, they were fine like 2 hours ago. I'll be having a wee look in the specific thread of course.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Do you like stealth games? Styx is legit. Re: Alien: I'll probably never play it because jump scares are frustratingly effective on me.

2spooky4u

So, jump scares for you, spiders for zkylon?

Those headphones look dumb. I don't get the obsession with leds

Arthea

4 hours and a half here, please don't tell me that, lol. I was wondering when the hell I was going to get out of that place to somewhere else.

I guess this game moves at a snail pace, right? And then extends itself for another two games...

to be fair, FF13-2 starts briskly and keeps being brisk, you have sidequests, minigames, talks with NPC, exploring and all that stuff, even puzzles. Then you arrive to Academia 400AF ... *shudders*

Enco

Do you like stealth games? Styx is legit. Re: Alien: I'll probably never play it because jump scares are frustratingly effective on me.
Love stealth. I'll check it out thanks.

Wish I had more time to play games.

Alien can't be good for my heart though. Just opened a door thinking I was safe and it was right there. Shouted out loud...

Turfster

At the moment Alien Isolation is my favourite game of the year so far, i'll be mad if it doesn't win SteamGAF's GOTY 2014

I'm sorry, but Styx is winning hands down.
Yes, Alien:Isolation is prettier and has better audio design, but I much prefer Styx's stealth gameplay over the terrifying one in A:I =p

Arthea

def sim

I've only played a small portion of Alien so far, but I do feel a bit guilty having only paid 99c for it. The PC version runs so well and the art direction is fantastic.

MRORANGE

I'm sorry, but Styx is winning hands down.
Yes, Alien:Isolation is prettier and has better audio design, but I much prefer Styx's stealth gameplay over the terrifying one in A:I =p

A bit early to say that don't you think? Even you could still change your mind, there's Evil Within for example.

Nah, Alien Isolation takes, the cake, it's rare for a movie IP to be turned into a fantastic game, let alone a studio whose primary output is just RTS games who then decided to create the greatest Alien game ever made.

TEW is going to be good, but it's going to more of the same, I mean it's just RE4 part 2 in my mind right now. A:I has more going for it and feels more fresh in a sense than TEW.

DocSeuss

Hey, guys, I'm saving up for some new computer parts. Was curious if I should get a WD Red or Black drive. Steam collection doesn't even come close to fitting on my 2TB.

Skyzard

Banned
Anyone have this issue when using 2 screens with steam - windows on the second screen, especially maximized don't respond when clicking on the buttons like resize or max window or close or something! I can still click on friends or launch games...sometimes but it always ends up getting stuck there and I need to disable dual screen to fix it.

I love my HE-400s but lately they've been so uncomfortable. Really need to upgrade to either the 400i's(redesigned for better comfort) or get the 560s. Will have to wait a bit though given the very high paying job didn't work out at the last minute :p

LCD2's will be mine one day as well.

Kiru

Hey, guys, I'm saving up for some new computer parts. Was curious if I should get a WD Red or Black drive. Steam collection doesn't even come close to fitting on my 2TB.

Red drives are not really designed for desktop use. They are made for NAS, got one of them in mine. Just to keep in mind. :)
Also you don't need to have every single game in your library installed. 1TB WD Blue is sure enough for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

WD's "Red" drives are just "Black" drives with NAS software. You can't go wrong either way, so if for some reason the Red 2TB is cheaper, go for it.

Grief.exe

I can't see me going over £50, and that would be including a microphone too. My current pair is a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, which was a pretty decent budget option I felt.

Check out prices in your area for Superlux HD668B, Audio Technica AD500x/AD700x/AD700, Grado SR60e/SR80e, or AKG K612/K240.

At the moment Alien Isolation is my favourite game of the year so far, i'll be mad if it doesn't win SteamGAF's GOTY 2014

It's been such a banner year for games that it will be tough for anything. Dark Souls II, Transistor, Divinity, Banished, Shovel Knight, Wolfenstein, Wasteland 2, Alien, TEW, Civilization, Binding of Isaac, with more to come and more that I assuredly forgot.

I love my HE-400s but lately they've been so uncomfortable. Really need to upgrade to either the 400i's(redesigned for better comfort) or get the 560s. Will have to wait a bit though given the very high paying job didn't work out at the last minute :p

LCD2's will be mine one day as well.

560s were another pair I was looking at last night.

Grief.exe

I got a WD black and it was dead within a day.

Think I have a Samsung one now. Works great.

Harddrives are such a sensitive piece of hardware that the issue likely cropped up in shipping. Components that have one of the higher chances of failure.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im not gonna lie...that was fun. fuck that fucking fire tho

like I sid on the stream, I might actually play the whole game like this. time wise is that ok, around this hour? kinda ideal for me because its shortly before I have to go to work and shit (if I wasnt off today, I would go to work in half an hour for example).

there seemed to be a few peeps on the chat so cant be a terrible time of the day

edit: quality wise did it hold up? my goofy voice aside? if so, thats by far the best part of this new rig, and I didnt even think about it

Check out prices in your area for Superlux HD668B, Audio Technica AD500x/AD700x/AD700, Grado SR60e/SR80e, or AKG K612/K240.

Thanks a lot, looks like the Superlux is in my price range. Would you recommend the Zalman ZMMIC1 Lapel Microphone? It's in the "Frequently Bought Together with this item" on Amazon with the Superlux.

Kiru

im not gonna lie...that was fun. fuck that fucking fire tho

like I sid on the stream, I might actually play the whole game like this. time wise is that ok, around this hour? kinda ideal for me because its shortly before I have to go to work and shit (if I wasnt off today, I would go to work in half an hour for example).

there seemed to be a few peeps on the chat so cant be a terrible time of the day

edit: quality wise did it hold up? my goofy voice aside? if so, thats by far the best part of this new rig, and I didnt even think about it
Notice me senpai!! :(

What is your upload speed ?

Deitus

It's been such a banner year for games that it will be tough for anything. Dark Souls II, Transistor, Divinity, Banished, Shovel Knight, Wasteland 2, Alien, TEW, Binding of Isaac, with more to come and more that I assuredly forgot.

Seriously, it's been a fantastic year for games, especially on PC. I just about burst out laughing when that guy posted yesterday that the only good game on PC this year was the new Civ game, until I realized he was serious.

derExperte

I'm a fan of the Greens since you won't notice the speed differences in most cases (better install games with long load times on an SSD) and they're much more silent. Though I read the newer Greens aren't as silent as the old ones even when they're named the same. :(

DocSeuss

WD's "Red" drives are just "Black" drives with NAS software. You can't go wrong either way, so if for some reason the Red 2TB is cheaper, go for it.

I actually want a 6TB, and there are no 6TB Blacks.

Red drives are not really designed for desktop use. They are made for NAS, got one of them in mine. Just to keep in mind. :)
Also you don't need to have every single game in your library installed. 1TB WD Blue is sure enough for me.

Wolfenstein and Rage alone account for about 100GB between themselves. I like to go back and replay them every once in a while. I only have ~200 of my ~1500 game collection installed. :(

I got a WD black and it was dead within a day.

Think I have a Samsung one now. Works great.

That really sucks. My 2 and 4TB Blacks have no problems at all.

Mozendo

$150?
Speaking of crazy headphones, I was looking at some particularly nice ones last night

$1000
[Audeze LCD2 image]
Aww man the Audeze LCD-2 are my dream headphones ;_; but I'm too poor so I'm trying to save up for HE-400 to replace my AKG 240s.

Enco

My WD black has been going strong for 2 years now. Unlucky.

Harddrives are such a sensitive piece of hardware that the issue likely cropped up in shipping. Components that have one of the higher chances of failure.
Yea a huge part of it is luck since plenty of reviews raved about it.

Kinda sucks. Big and affordable SSDs can't come soon enough.

Hnnng that 1TB SSD at <$200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom