• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A quick price check yielded $239 for a 4TB WD Black and $289 for a 6TB WD Red. Seems like the 6TB's the better deal.

Was hoping to see what was out there on Black Friday.

Oh, wow:

Australia sucks for PC hardware. The 4TB price you mention isn't far off the local mark, though -- I must have misread the price of the 4TB Seagate as that of the 4TB WD.

DocSeuss said:
Any of these games we don't know?

There are a few as-yet-unknown apps:

Code:
318300	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 318300	No Price	about 3 hours ago
308350	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 308350	No Price	about 3 hours ago
327120	Unknown	SteamDB Unknown App 327120	No Price	about 3 hours ago

rtcn63

Maybe every 500GB? That would make more sense. $60 for 1TB, $120 for 2 TB, etc.

Hard drives (admittedly mostly from Seagate, knock on wood) tend to go on sale for $30/TB, particularly externals. I've bought them for about that much for the past three years. You see the discounts frequently during the holiday months.

I use anything Green-ish quality for storage. Two to mirror. For performance, I'd get a WD Black or equivalent. Mine from like eight years ago is still working as a tertiary drive. (My main is an SSD)

DocSeuss

Oh, wow:

Australia sucks for PC hardware. The 4TB price you mention isn't far off the local mark, though -- I must have misread the price of the 4TB Seagate as that of the 4TB WD.

Code:

Which one is "generic star wars shooter"?

Hoping one of those is X-Wing, but like 95% certain it won't be.

Is there some way we can find out everything Disney owns (like Stubbs) and contact them about it?

JaseC

Which one is "generic star wars shooter"?

This one. The app is ancient. Like, circa Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs ancient. The fact it was added to the sub may suggest an intention to release the game, though (see: The Guild).

Is there some way we can find out everything Disney owns (like Stubbs) and contact them about it?

USPTO + Copyright.gov, I suppose. Now that Disney is on Steam I'd love to see Stubbs re-released. I may PM the Disney Reddit rep and see if there's any chance of that happening.

iosefe

Oh, wow:

Code:

those unknowns have me hyped

DocSeuss

This one. The app is ancient. Like, circa Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs ancient. The fact it was added to the sub may suggest an intention to release the game, though (see: The Guild).

USPTO + Copyright.gov, I suppose. Now that Disney is on Steam I'd love to see Stubbs re-released. I may PM the Disney Reddit rep and see if there's any chance of that happening.

Yeah, I'd clicked on it. Just wondered if we know what game it was, specifically.

Just remember that Stubbs was removed for bugs.

I'm going to start looking up games Disney owns, I guess. Will try to create a comprehensive list, but no guarantees.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
FF XIII finished downloading, at last. I'm not going to be able to play it now, but I hope GeDoSaTo is working fine with it, and that I can play it at a proper resolution.

JaseC

Yeah, I'd clicked on it. Just wondered if we know what game it was, specifically.

Since there are no data depots to dive into it's impossible to say. :( That's the extent to which Lucasarts uploaded the game -- it published the name but literally nothing else.

Just remember that Stubbs was removed for bugs.

I thought the same thing, but during my discussion with Aspyr I was told that it was actually removed because of Disney's acquisition of Wideload -- Aspyr was aware of the technical issues, of course, but since some people weren't affected by it (i.e. those on dated systems), the game wasn't yanked voluntarily.

Edit: I'm referring to the PC version in particular. The XBLA version was yanked voluntarily due to Microsoft being an understandable stick in the mud.

I'm going to start looking up games Disney owns, I guess. Will try to create a comprehensive list, but no guarantees.

Godspeed!

rtcn63

SuperMetroidScrewAttack.png

Aaron D.

Long time no post on SteamGAF. Still lurk everyday, obviously.

Jumping in on the headphone talk, I need to replace my HD 201. I was thinking of the HD 598s, since Amazon Spain has them discounted to 150. Anyone here got opinions on them? I read on a forum that they're not too good on the bleeding, and I really hate headphones where other people in the house hear my stuff when I'm working.

I've got 595's and if non-bleeding is important to you, forget it. They leak sound like crazy.

I love my cans, but I typically only use them late at night after my wife has gone to bed, so bleeding isn't an issue.

iosefe

FF XIII finished downloading, at last. I'm not going to be able to play it now, but I hope GeDoSaTo is working fine with it, and that I can play it at a proper resolution.

you'll have to bump the settings way up i believe. the Default is usually good but 8k resultion might work well for soem people. people check the thread for GeDoSaTo, and don't forget to turn on max AF through drivers

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone knows what "your steam account is not public" means?

trying to sign in to something with steam and it's not letting me

Maniac

Banned
So, uh, about Zoey, Eva et al... I've just got one word, lads.

Dormer.
A quick price check yielded $239 for a 4TB WD Black and $289 for a 6TB WD Red. Seems like the 6TB's the better deal.
Was hoping to see what was out there on Black Friday.
Any of these games we don't know?
Mate wot. It costs the equivalent of $500 for the 6TB Red. God damn.
I said God damn. Dayum. Dayum. Daaayuuuum. :[

DocSeuss

Godspeed!

I think I'm going to list simply to stuff that's been put on Windows or MS-DOS, from Disney, Lucasarts, and Marvel. I'll try to denote what may be under a different publisher (eg X-Men: Origins: Wolverine) and probably can't make the cut.

Searching copyright stuff right away didn't reveal games like Stubbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom