• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
VBPhJu0.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHY IS YOUR GAF SO BRIGHT AND LIGHT AND WHITE!? DEAR LORD YOU DISGUST ME!
We still love you though. A bit.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
It was a welcome tweet since my feed has been filled with gross infectious diseases posts. I follow some odd people.

MUnited83

For you.
Why would they revoke keys, it's not like you obtained them in an illegal way. They just miss-priced it. Consumer laws in most countries would prevent the company from removing this from your account.

Nah. If it actually cost anything? Yes, many consumers laws would prevent the removal. However, you didn't pay a single cent for this. They can revoke it all they want without consequences.

There's no consumer law in the world that requires a company to honor a legitimate mistake. While it seems unlikely they'd be revoked, it's certainly possible. All consumer law would require them to do is "refund" what you spent.
Actually, there is. Here in Portugal, if a item has a label with the price mistyped they have to honor that.

Li Kao

Borderless Windowed should be a PC gaming standard. I just enabled it in Ryse and it's so much better.

About that. Can somebody gently explain to me how it works ? I think I understood that by turning borderless mode on you can deactivate the ingame vsync as the game will sync with your monitor refresh rate.
That being said, I'm not sure I even understand what I just said.

What happens if you have borderless + ingame vsync ? :-o

Arthea

emotes, babies, ronan, SW, asscreed, stalking - steamgaf in nutshell.

iin other news
Turba is really weird. How is it even remotely a rhythm game?

Ozium

emotes, babies, ronan, SW, asscreed, stalking - steamgaf in nutshell.

iin other news
Turba is really weird. How is it even remotely a rhythm game?

I don't like the name Turba..

it should either be Turbo or Turban

or Tuba

seeing Turba just feels wrong

Kiru

I just read that apparently some dude got 50 Dead Rising 3 Keys before that glitch was posted around the web... Fuck oO

louiedog

I just read that apparently some dude got 50 Dead Rising 3 Keys before that glitch was posted around the web... Fuck oO

You could just buy over and over on the same account. I'd be surprised if someone didn't get more.

However, how many of the keys he was given were then distributed to other people and redeemed before he could do anything with them? A lot of people were getting dupes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's what I sent to the Disney Reddit person guy:

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the Mega Pack key! I actually bought the pack myself shortly after news broke that Disney games were on Steam (I'd waited long enough for a Steam version of Lego Pirates, haha), so I gave it to a friend, which I hope is okay. Anywho, let me preface the following matter by apologising if it's presumptuous, but contacting you is the only way I can hope to get in touch with somebody in the position to make something happen. Without further ado:

Stubbs the Zombie.

Developed by Wideload and published by Aspyr in 2005, Stubbs was released on the PC and XBLA, but was later pulled from the latter due to underlying technical issues, however it remained on Steam(1) under Aspyr's name until Wideload became the property of the Mouse House(2)(3)(4)(5). I was wondering if it would at all be possible for Disney, now being a Steam publisher, to have the game returned to the Steam Store -- requesting Steam Partners access to an existing app is something that can be done(6). Since being pulled, Stubbs has become a rare curio among game collectors and indeed, as a Steam game collector myself(7), something I'd love to get my hands on, so I can assure you that making the effort to show Valve that Disney owns the rights to the game is something that will not go unnoticed.

Disney being as large as it is, I realise no guarantees can be made, but if nothing else I'd be very grateful if the matter is something you could look into.

Cheers!

(1) https://steamdb.info/app/7800/
(2) http://www.businessinsider.com.au/disney-interactive-to-buy-wideload-games-2009-9
(3) http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=77027220&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch (Click "Current owners information".)
(4) http://abload.de/img/copyrightgovktlhx.jpg (As Copyright.gov's results expire, feel free to search Copyright.gov's database for Stubbs the Zombie.)
(5) http://abload.de/img/aspyremail4eohm.jpg
(6) http://abload.de/img/bethesdaexampleynra0.jpg
(7) http://steamcommunity.com/id/GrrImAFridge/

Fingers crossed.

I'm linking DA:O a lot, the interaction between the members of your party add immersion and keep the feeling that we're together only because a great evil, otherwise they could already killed themselves or parted away.

man either my arms are super weak or my baby brother is heavy as fuck cos damn they sore

cutest thing ever tho

Kids are heavy, especially if you need to carry him when he's sleeping. My young brother double his weight when is sleeping.

jesus why does dead rising 3 run like fucking shit? i mean i know my specs aren't the best but damn. the gameplay run fine, a solid 30fps, but the cutscenes!? its like 10-15 fps. wtf yo

AHA-Lambda

Just noticed that my PS4 controller is covered in dust, then realised that the last game I played on it was Watch Dogs. PC has taken all my time, don't know why I have it apart from the upcoming Bloodborne =/

derExperte

Just noticed that my PS4 controller is covered in dust, then realised that the last game I played on it was Watch Dogs. PC has taken all my time, don't know why I have it apart from the upcoming Bloodborne =/

I didn't touch mine between Infamous and then its DLC a few weeks ago. And now Driveclub, despite the online troubles it is a good game. Barebones (no tuning for example) but the driving feels great.

Is the site giving DR3 any risky?
Cus I signed up for it with my main email.
. Can I close my account when the site comes back (or at least change my email)?

def sim

I use mine for Spelunky. I do the daily challenges and not a single person on my friends list is on the leaderboard.

louiedog

It's coming to PC though?

and will probably end up disappointing people. Seriously, apart from scale how is it different to any other early access survival exploration game on Steam?

People will absolutely be disappointed. They've shown off a lot of cool stuff but left really big, important questions that the hype is causing people to fill in for themselves. I think many are going to find it's not what they were hoping for, even if it's good.

derExperte

That doesn't sound too different than a lot of the stuff that Disney just put up on Steam.

Tron 2.0 doesn't run if you have no optical drive for example.

A virtual drive works too. In W8 you can just mount any .iso without installing 3rd party software.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm linking DA:O a lot, the interaction between the members of your party add immersion and keep the feeling that we're together only because a great evil, otherwise they could already killed themselves or parted away.
da:eek:'s a pretty good game

not perfect but i really liked it

i really want da:i to be pretty decent in a "i buy it a year later for 15 bucks" kind of way but it's hard to kill someone's respect in a developer like bioware did with me3 and da2

Kids are heavy, especially if you need to carry him when he's sleeping. My young brother double his weight when is sleeping.
yea i don't think this dude's weight is doubleable

tho being super tired from waking up at 5 am to watch league's worlds semifinals didn't help

Maniac

Banned
So... I have a shitload of great games to play. Riddle me this ladies and gentlemen; WHY AM I SO FUCKING BORED!?

I digress... Shadow of Mordor? Fucking love it! I've been having so much fun with it that you wouldn't believe.

Alien? Scaring the shit out of me but I'm loving it at the same time, and I never thought I'd play a decent Alien game in my lifetime - - let alone one that does atmospheric puzzle-ish horror better than Outlast and Amnesia.

Dota 2... Is... Well, a good summary would be 'cyka blyat' or 'kurwa', but you know, it's great, gratifying and all that yadda yadda.

I've really been smitten by CSGO all of a sudden, despite having owned it since launch it never really clicked until a few weeks ago.

Other great games I have installed but not finished includes: Divinity: OS, Wasteland 2 & Cook, Serve, Delicious!

What's wrong with me? What foul spell hath befallen me? What spectre haunts me? What demon reaches for my soul? What have I become!?
qhK6gdQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom