• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
I was like this for almost 2 months.
But a friend gifted me The Room, so I'll be playing that until Styx comes out
Every time I see someone mention this game, I think they're talking about the Tommy Wiseau masterpiece.

oeLwD8d.gif

dot

Corollary: Watch Twin Peaks until you find out who killed Laura Palmer. Then stop.

Nah. Just fast forward through anything involving James at that point and its' still worth it. Finale is fantastic.

wat

I have no idea what yu people are talking about and did yu just spoil that

1. Play Deadly Premonition regardless.
2. Then watch Twin Peaks, because it has a better plot than the game* and you shouldn't ruin your enjoyment of the game by watching TP right before playing it.

*Well, at least up until the end of the first season, and that's debatable. I actually like the second season despite some of its less than great parts.

Oh, i will play it. I just wonder if watching Twin Peaks first would make the game more enjoyable or not.

it's only 2 seasons and 30 episodes? That's not too bad...

Arthea

Every time I see someone mention this game, I think they're talking about the Tommy Wiseau masterpiece.

http://i.imgur.com/oeLwD8d.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

but this Room is plenty great on itself, I plan to day1 second and third if they ever get released on steam.

getting back to Twin Peaks talk, I still think it's one of the best mystery series ever created, even with second season included. [SPOILER]We need new Twin Peaks to best old one[/SPOILER]

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
wat

Oh, i will play it. I just wonder if watching Twin Peaks first would make the game more enjoyable or not.

Well, Laura's death is the reason the series existed in the first place so it isn't too big of a spoiler that they find the killer. It's just that, during the run of the show the TV execs forced Lynch & Frost to show the killer way before they wanted to, leaving a ton of filler episodes as the writers scrambled to make a new reason for the show to continue. They even changed the time slot several times, which caused ratings to dip even more dramatically.

I'd say watch it all, every single moment. Even the movie. For all of the awkward James Hurley scenes, all Twin Peaks fans must experience the drop to realize how badly the show got fucked. Enjoy the extremely high points, regret the lows. It is a cross we must all bare.

Corpekata

Banned
wat

No. James is a boring character that gets more boring is all. And the finale is good. That's about it.

Tizoc

If posts like this aren't allowed then I'll edit this post but I just saw this after accidentally stumbling into the Mordor DF thread
A mid range pc from 2012 would not have a 7870, I just built a mid range computer 4 months ago with a 7870 and an i5 for around $800.

Pc fanboys are the worst. Not all computers are the same, but whenever they compare a console to a pc they always compare it fucking 780s and 290s. Some computers are better than others just like some computers are better than consoles and some consoles are better than some computers.

Also a console is cheaper. One argument PC fanboys use is that a pc is cheaper in the long term through steam sales, but again the fanboys compare steam sales to launch priced games on consoles. Lets say the average game you buy on PC is $10 (Steam sales) and the average on console is $15 (I can go to walmart and buy plenty of games for under $15, or go on kijiji). Keep in mind only older games are these prices newer games on consoles and PC are comparable in price (Yes consoles DO get new games discounted by 10-15$ like new pc games) You spend $400 on a console and $800 on a pc, and you buy 20 games. A pc will end up costing you around $1000 and a console around $700.

There is nothing wrong with buying a console, just like there is nothing wrong with buying a computer with an r7 240.

People also compare closed platforms (Consoles) to open architecture (PC) but act like PC is closed as well.

Also pc gaming is for people with autism. Consoles gaming is for cool socially normal people who don't give a shit about resolution or framerate. Arguing about resolution and framerate on a forum is the aspiest thing you can do.

Corpekata

Banned
I'd say it's probably not good form simply because that poster is clearly going to get banned so he's not worth talking about.

tylerf

So I finally got around to playing TitS in my customary fashion of forgetting about games that I buy for months. Finished the prologue and really enjoying it so far. The world is interesting and the characters seem pretty likable. The combat feels a little slow and shallow so far but luckily theres not enough of it to drag down other things the game does well. My only regret is forgetting to look at the first issue of the Liberl news before I saw the achievement list t.t

MayMay

Banned
If posts like this aren't allowed then I'll edit this post but I just saw this after accidentally stumbling into the Mordor DF thread

Lool this one ->
Also pc gaming is for people with autism. Consoles gaming is for cool socially normal people who don't give a shit about resolution or framerate.

I cant breathe anymore, this is so funny. He's probably playing Call of Duty on XBL right now. Aaaaand he's banned.

Yeah. Not worth talking about him anymore lol.

Deitus

God, this is the second time in recent memory I've seen someone pull the "PC gamers are nerds because they care about resolution and framerate, console gamers don't care about that shit" card. Where the hell have these people been for the entire last year full of console wars resolutiongate bullshit?

Also, shaming people for having autism/Asperger's is a really shitty thing to do.

Chariot

smh
Console vs PC is always a minefield. And I still don't understand how people can fight so hard against PCs. His post was actual reasonable argumentation (if a bit janky in writing style), until he just decided that he had to throw insults.
God, this is the second time in recent memory I've seen someone pull the "PC gamers are nerds because they care about resolution and framerate, console gamers don't care about that shit" card. Where the hell have these people been for the entire last year full of console wars resolutiongate bullshit?

Also, shaming people for having autism/Asperger's is a really shitty thing to do.
Well, people seem to think that it's a sickness if other people care about... well, about anything, really.
You care for performance? - nerd.
You don't like new character designs? - autist.
You think insulting people just for the heck of it is wrong? - faggot.

Vibranium

Banned
I forgot to mention my thoughts on Remember Me after completing it last week, I really liked it, despite the combat problems. Nilin was very enjoyable (english accents, hnnng) and the art style and music were of course top notch. I wish we got a sequel that was more open world and with better fighting, too bad about that.

I'll check out Dontnod's upcoming adventure game when it comes out sometime.

Turfster

I forgot to mention my thoughts on Remember Me after completing it last week, I really liked it, despite the combat problems. Nilin was very enjoyable (english accents, hnnng) and the art style and music were of course top notch. I wish we got a sequel that was more open world and with better fighting, too bad about that.

I'll check out Dontnod's upcoming adventure game when it comes out sometime.

I like you.

Last Knight Rogue Rider is 25% off on Steam until the 10th.
Gaffer made game.

Tenrius

Let's talk about Kentucky Route Zero. Is it great? Oh yes, it is. It has some really amazing writing and an absolutely perfect balance of visuals, sound and interactivity. If it's sitting in your library unplayed, do yourself a favor and finally play it today! No reason to wait for the remaining two Acts: you'll be old and tired by the time they come out (even if it happens in a couple of weeks), the time to live is now. Prepare to join the club and be surprised, amazed, blown away by the best adventure game in years.

oeLwD8d.gif

I just finished reading Greg Sestero (Mark)'s book The Disaster Artist which talks about his friendship with Tommy, as well as a crazily detailed account of the making of The Room. It's an amazing read.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Let's talk about Kentucky Route Zero. Is it great? Oh yes, it is. It has some really amazing writing and an absolutely perfect balance of visuals, sound and interactivity. If it's sitting in your library unplayed, do yourself a favor and finally play it today! No reason to wait for the remaining two Acts: you'll be old and tired by the time they come out (even if it happens in a couple of weeks), the time to live is now. Prepare to join the club and be surprised, amazed, blown away by the best adventure game in years.

Make sure you visit the side stories as well, Limits & Demonstrations and The Entertainment. Interesting little side-stories that flesh out some more of the themes and characters of the world around the main cast you follow in the game.

KR0 is a fluid piece of literature in an interactive form. Cardboard Computer take forever to get around to updating with new chapters, but they use that time to craft some crazy slices of surrealist country roadfilm. <3 Junebug.

But I don't want to play half a game.

Tizoc

I'll play KRZ once all eps. are out.

I wonder if Silent Age could make it on Steam? Yeah it's an iOS game but it's a neat PnC game, with Ep. 2 in development (I donated $6 to its development so hopefully the dev remembers to send me a code for the 2nd ep. on iOS :p)
http://thesilentage.com/blog/

I wonder if Silent Age could make it on Steam? Yeah it's an iOS game but it's a neat PnC game, with Ep. 2 in development (I donated $6 to its development so hopefully the dev remembers to send me a code for the 2nd ep. on iOS :p)
http://thesilentage.com/blog/

I didn't realize they were going to charge for the second episode. I remember reading that they were originally just going to fund through donations to make it free, but I guess that changed somewhere down the line.

Not that I mind. Though I feel like the first episode was pretty light on interesting puzzles, and was largely something I played on auto-pilot. I'll check out the second episode though. Sounds like it's getting pretty close.

Shadownet

Banned
So any of you guys finished Shadow of Mordor yet? Y'all like the ending? I thought it was pretty good.

But for a minute I seriously thought there was a "Hail Hydra" moment.

Tizoc

So any of you guys finished Shadow of Mordor yet? Y'all like the ending? I thought it was pretty good.

I beat it some hours ago. I'm OK with it being its own continuity thing, and the ending kinda opens up a lot of questions and theories.
Dat Orc slaying doe.

Tizoc

How much time did you put into Mordor. I doesen't sound very long especially for being a open world game.

I actually left the game running for max 2-3 hours as I had to go do some other stuff :p
In total it took me 20ish hours to beat. 1:30 was actually for a save that got deleted by an error from my side.

MattyG

Banned
Since when was Dark Souls 2 ever rated T? I was just looking at the store page to see if it had been on sale recently and the ESRB splash screen caught my eye. Thought it was M from the start.

Yup, finshed at about 13 hours of playtime. I liked the ending, even if it was a blatant set up for a sequel.

So I wanna get Shadow of Mordor for steam and I have an amazon gift card. Does Amazon give you steam keys when you buy digital pc games?

~Kinggi~

Banned
This month is cray for steam. I already preordered FF13, Alien, Evil Within, Civ Beyond Earth, Dreamfall. Will buy Grimrock 2. Plus im sure another game or two is gonna fit in there.

derExperte

So I wanna get Shadow of Mordor for steam and I have an amazon gift card. Does Amazon give you steam keys when you buy digital pc games?

Mordor doesn't work without Steam so in this case yes. In some others no but it says on the Amazon page what you get.

Tenrius

Make sure you visit the side stories as well, Limits & Demonstrations and The Entertainment. Interesting little side-stories that flesh out some more of the themes and characters of the world around the main cast you follow in the game.

KR0 is a fluid piece of literature in an interactive form. Cardboard Computer take forever to get around to updating with new chapters, but they use that time to craft some crazy slices of surrealist country roadfilm. <3 Junebug.

I just did, actually! The Entertainment was really nice, Limits & Demonstrations featured some (unsurprisingly) great writing, but mostly concerned stuff we already saw in Acts II and III.

But I don't want to play half a game.

That's my point here, you should play it even despite being unfinished. Each Act is more than enjoyable on its own. It's not half a game, really. And you'll have a good reason to replay it all once the rest of them come out! (Actually, there's another reason to replay the game multiple times: there's a lot of variable dialogue, so you'll have to replay it several times to see it all. And again, the writing is good).

Tizoc

I like you.

Last Knight Rogue Rider is 25% off on Steam until the 10th.
Gaffer made game.

I aim to support GAFfer made games so I'll give this one a try and get it by tomorrow.

Anyone tried the new ARES EX game? I might get that too if it is an improvement on its predecessor...

According to the lore, Sauron tortured Celebrimbor to death (he wanted to know the location of the three elven rings), but fighting Sauron in his own turf is just badass, and it's a great "what really happened in Mordor" alternate history.

Making another One Ring is a major WTF moment.

The final three boss fights are all super lazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom