• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannerbot

Regional?

capture75jw1.png

The ESRB rating has always been T, lol. I know in Europe it's PEGI 16 just like the previous games.

DA:O spoilers from the start
I wasn't expecting the treason happening so early in the game, also the scene where his mother decides to protect her father until death was good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have been updated to version 6.9. This release adds a few highly requested features and fixes several bugs.
  • Added a "Customize" button the the "All New Releases" section
  • Added option to hide "Items under $10" section on home page
  • Added a "remove" button to the custom background selection dialog
  • Fixed a bug with Euro price formatting
  • Fixed a bug that caused some packages not to process savings calculations corectly (again)
  • Fixed the centering of the home page splash screen if present and the sidebar is disabled
  • Fixed several bugs with the home page customization options
The extension should update itself automatically within the next hour. As always, please let me know if you run into any problems at all with this new version.

Want to bite the bullet on Shadows of Mordor (buying through Nuuvem to save some money), but it seems like there was a region lock added around or after release. Does that apply only to cross-region gifting, or to the redemption of keys as well?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
SteamGAF tell me what you here when you click "Return to your Positions"

http://www.aeonity.com/ab/soundboards/video-game/metal-gear-solid-guard.php

He says another word at the end that sounds like pool.
But apparently everyone just ignores it. It's like Jawmuncherc all over again.

Not a sense of familiarity. I rarely raise the alarm in MGS games. And in stealth games, either do it correctly or restart the level or its equivalent.

The extension should update itself automatically within the next hour. As always, please let me know if you run into any problems at all with this new version.

Do you prefer the general email or a pm on nwogaf?

Shadownet

Banned
The final three boss fights are all super lazy!
Yeah I wasn't too crazy about the boss fights either. It was a bit underwhelming but the story really shine though, and I really like it a lot. That last plot twist was an amazing way to end a game and leave things open for sequel.

Human noble is my favorite origin.
Mine was well, I think i played through that origin more than any other origins. It's really the best.

OT: I just watched a Cinemasins video on Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Near the end
when he was talking about Elizabeth Olsen being the Scarlet Witch.

He said, Elizabeth Olsen is not my girlfriend in this mid-credits scene. +1 sin.

I was like: "THAT'S HOW I FEEL EVERYDAY!"

Why is there a definitive edition of Sleeping Dogs for so cheap on Steam? Just reinforces the idea that SDDE is price gouging console users.

Is it so cheap because I own the original game?

tmarg

Want to bite the bullet on Shadows of Mordor (buying through Nuuvem to save some money), but it seems like there was a region lock added around or after release. Does that apply only to cross-region gifting, or to the redemption of keys as well?

I bought it from Nuuvem the day after release, after the region locking, and didn't have any problems, so unless they've added another layer of region locking since I stopped paying attention, you should be fine.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you prefer the general email or a pm on nwogaf?

I actually prefer PMs on Neogaf from GAF members because it usually helps me know who you are. ;) I also get a lot of email when new versions released and sometimes it gets lost in the mix, but I generally try to answer all of my PMs on GAF.

Yeah I wasn't too crazy about the boss fights either. It was a bit underwhelming but the story really shine though, and I really like it a lot. That last plot twist was an amazing way to end a game and leave things open for sequel.
It's funny how the Tower had more screen presence than Black Hand. The final should be something like this:
Black Hand wanted to take Talion captive, commence the epic fight, when he realized he couldn't beat you, he then use the blood sacrifice on himself to draw forth the Dark Lord. And you destroy Sauron's physical body with everything other than QTEs.

Wasted opportunity.

MattyG

Banned
It's funny how the Tower had more screen presence than Black Hand. The final should be something like this:
Black Hand wanted to take Talion captive, commence the epic fight, when he realized he couldn't beat you, he then use the blood sacrifice on himself to draw forth the Dark Lord. And you destroy Sauron's physical body with everything other than QTEs.

Wasted opportunity.
I had no idea what was going on when
Sauron popped up. I was thinking "wait, the Black Hand was actually Sauron? Did I just kill Sauron? BUT WILL THE REST OF THE SERIES EVEN HAPPEN NOW?" Did he just summon an apparition of Sauron or something?

Shadownet

Banned
Sauron popped up. I was thinking "wait, the Black Hand was actually Sauron? Did I just kill Sauron? BUT WILL THE REST OF THE SERIES EVEN HAPPEN NOW?" Did he just summon an apparition of Sauron or something?

I was highly confused too. Even now I'm not even sure what happened. But if I have to guess. It would be the latter. Kinda like how in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

That professor had Voldemort inside his body which manifested as a face in the back of his head.

MattyG

Banned
I was highly confused too. Even now I'm not even sure what happened. But if I have to guess. It would be the latter. Kinda like how in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

That professor had Voldemort inside his body which manifested as a face in the back of his head.
That part always freaked me out in the movie. And now I want to read Harry Potter again, dammit. I kind of miss the games too, now that I think of it. Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban, on PS2 and GBA used to be some of my favorite games

I bought it from Nuuvem the day after release, after the region locking, and didn't have any problems, so unless they've added another layer of region locking since I stopped paying attention, you should be fine.
Thanks for the confirmation. Grabbed it off Nuuvem and activated it without issue. Now to patiently wait for it to download!

I actually don't know how he did that, but it's too easy for my taste.
Sauron is not so easily killed, he has been destroyed once and came back before he even forged the ring.

Nabs

I can't seem to get Aces Wild to launch. Anyone else run into that problem and fix it?

edit: had to unplug my arcade stick. this can't be real.

Tizoc

Wasted opportunity.

QTEs for 'final bosses' is a really cheap and lame way to end a game. Lookin' at you Space Marine.

I own the original Sleeping Dogs so that might explain this but is Sleeping Dogs DE really just worth 8.5 usd, 50% discount already applied to it?

Although I might not get this since Stump's impressions of the DLCs are not that good, except for some good enough DLCs.

I own the original Sleeping Dogs so that might explain this but is Sleeping Dogs DE really just worth 8.5 usd, 50% discount already applied to it?

Although I might not get this since Stump's impressions of the DLCs are not that good, except for some good enough DLCs.

depends if u already completed the regular version , if thats the case then there is no real reason to get the same game again

Deitus

SteamGAF tell me what you here when you click "Return to your Positions"

http://www.aeonity.com/ab/soundboards/video-game/metal-gear-solid-guard.php

He says another word at the end that sounds like pool.
But apparently everyone just ignores it. It's like Jawmuncherc all over again.

I'm not sure what you are hearing exactly, but I hear "Return to your positions" followed by a radio squelch. The audio quality is pretty crap, but I've listened to it a dozen times, and I can't hear anything other than that.

Edit: Though I'm pretty sure the one labeled "Stay right there" is actually saying "There he is."

depends if u already completed the regular version , if thats the case then there is no real reason to get the same game again

JaseC would argue otherwise.

But I agree with you.

Are Alien AMD codes going to be sent before the release date or will it be a noon Tuesday type of thing?

Also, since this is the unofficial Animal Crossing thread
zlCfzSgqCIQt2oxmZ5
Saddest birthday party ever :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't seem to get Aces Wild to launch. Anyone else run into that problem and fix it?

edit: had to unplug my arcade stick. this can't be real.

Reminds me of the time when I had to unplug my windows media center remote to be able to access the developer terminal in Fallout 3.

Levyne

Banned
Don't think I beat Shadownet's time but yeah, Mordor is fairly brief to see the full tour.
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif

53B5olG.png

So now I think my plate is clean and ready for FFXIII!....oh gods D:

How much time did you put into Mordor. I doesen't sound very long especially for being a open world game.

I'll quote this since I am indirectly giving an answer to it :D

Nabs

So, Aces Wild is cool. It's an arcade-style beat'em up on acid. Lots of button mashing, so not being able to use my stick is going to be a problem.

It's definitely worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing. I would still be playing it, but the first boss is kind of kicking my ass. It's a giant dog thing that spawns more dogs just because.

iosefe

So, Aces Wild is cool. It's an arcade-style beat'em up on acid. Lots of button mashing, so not being able to use my stick is going to be a problem.

It's definitely worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing. I would still be playing it, but the first boss is kind of kicking my ass. It's a giant dog thing that spawns more dogs just because.

bro...i can't do it either.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
can anybody who has played Child of Light recommend it?

Trying to decide whether to buy it or hold on to my steam wallet for Korra

I'm amazed at how fast you guys finish your games :O
Same. I'm barely at the first set of
warchiefs
and in just wasting time enjoying the combat, exploring, and doing side quests.

And I still have Alien and The Evil Within to beat, but TEW I'm sure to finish quickly.

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure what you are hearing exactly, but I hear "Return to your positions" followed by a radio squelch. The audio quality is pretty crap, but I've listened to it a dozen times, and I can't hear anything other than that.

Edit: Though I'm pretty sure the one labeled "Stay right there" is actually saying "There he is."

JaseC would argue otherwise.

But I agree with you.

Yeah it was the audio being crap and hearing something else all these years that confused me. Grabbed the clip and messed with it. Now I noticed "pool" I was hearing is the radio going out.

Hey, at least some cool villagers showed up (except for Diva, she's horrible).
Diva is just misunderstood, thought it was weird that only those three showed up when I have a full village but oh well. I remember when on your birthday in the original game you'd get actual full nes games to play. Crazy looking back.

Ozium

Diva is just misunderstood, thought it was weird that only those three showed up when I have a full village but oh well. I remember when on your birthday in the original game you'd get actual full nes games to play. Crazy looking back.

buy presents for the ones who came and let everyone else's lawns go to shit

how dare they diss the mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom