• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

Is there a quick way to see what games I've gotten all achievements for in Steam? My profile says "4 Perfect Games" but I can't sort my games by completion percentage or to filter these separately.

MattyG

Banned
I'm about 90 minutes into Legend of Grimrock, level 3 or 4. This game is so much fun, can't believe I put it off for this long. The sequel might be my next purchase after I finish TEW.

-MD-

Bring Conker 2 and Banjo-Kazooie 3 to PC, Phil.

You guys have no problems losing all your other games to PC anyways, don't hold those ransom.

Miguel81

I'm about 90 minutes into Legend of Grimrock, level 3 or 4. This game is so much fun, can't believe I put it off for this long. The sequel might be my next purchase after I finish TEW.

Yeah, I have that one lost in some HumbleBundle -- I should activate it ASAP.

Release proper Xbox One controller drivers that enable trigger impulse then !

A wireless dongle would also be a pretty nice gesture.

RS4-

ModBot said:
Instructions for RS4-:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RS4-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

really big sky -- MB-2DAC5439187AEA9E

t1413158637z1.png

have fun

Miguel81

Just got done watching Alien 3 Director's Cut, and...ugh. This film just hits you where it hurts, and takes away everything that the previous film had accomplished. I don't think I'll ever watch it again, and it's been ~10 years since I last viewed it. There was that hope that something would change from my previous viewing, but nope it's still the same haha. I could add this to the "Grave of the Fireflies" pile.

playing metroid prime trilogy with a 360 controller is pretty hard -_-

Is it the deadzones that you have issues with? I set them to 12, because any lower than that and they would drift. The DS3 actually has much smaller deadzones, and the DS4 even less.

RS4-

Just got done watching Alien 3 Director's Cut, and...ugh. This film just hits you where it hurts, and takes away everything that the previous film had accomplished. I don't think I'll ever watch it again, and it's been ~10 years since I last viewed it. There was that hope that something would change from my previous viewing, but nope it's still the same haha. I could add this to the "Grave of the Fireflies" pile.

But it has King Lannister!

But yeah, A3 just shit on everything by killing Hicks.

rtcn63

I find pretty much any FPS that originated on the GC to be terrible to control. (Having to hold a shoulder button or something and using the stick to aim, fuck that) Couldn't finish MP2, no idea how I beat the first one when it was released. And I hate scanning, it's so fucking tedious.

Ozium

Can you not get a Wii remote and nunchuk though? Or play it with a mouse?

why would you play a gamecube game with a wii remote and nunchuk?
edit2: oh the trilogy n/m still dunno why zkylon is using an xbox contrroller... oh wait nvm i do... zkylon is
weird

edit: alien 3 'directors cut' is a lie, the director disowned the film and had nothing to do w/ any re-edits

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
"We took gaming very seriously on Windows a while ago,"

Now i'm not a native english speaker, when we're talking about "a while" are we talking years or decades?

Edit: Crackdown / Forza Horizon on PC (given they're decent ports) would be awesome.

I'm gonna say it was circa 2010:

GFWL gets a lot of hate around here and elsewhere and (imo) a lot of it is for good reason but there's also a lot of seemingly irrational hate that comes with it as well.

One of Microsoft's community guys has been working with me and some of other guys in the PC community lately and they've asked me to provide some feedback on why there's such hatred for GFWL outside of the usual "Microsoft sux and hates PC gaming."

I'm pretty sure we can thank Stump for their lack of action, as he shat on the effort from orbit.

Miguel81

why would you play a gamecube game with a wii remote and nunchuk?
edit2: oh the trilogy n/m still dunno why zkylon is using an xbox contrroller... oh wait nvm i do... zkylon is
weird

edit: alien 3 'directors cut' is a lie, the director disowned the film and had nothing to do w/ any re-edits

Sorry, Assembly Cut.

Axass

By not playing it with the wiimote + nunchuk combo you're missing half the fun. I'd say that the very existence of motion controls is validated by their use in Trilogy.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not weird

Can you not get a Wii remote and nunchuk though? Or play it with a mouse?
yea i might have to do this. i don't know many people with wiis and the one i could borrow a wii controller from just moved to japan lol

buying the controller is also pretty expensive, so i'd rather not if i can avoid it

i actually really like the wii library, i'd probably buy a wii u if it didn't cost me a bit short of a month's pay

How 'bout with mouse and kb?
yeah, imma try that

Is it the deadzones that you have issues with? I set them to 12, because any lower than that and they would drift. The DS3 actually has much smaller deadzones, and the DS4 even less.
hmm i dunno, it's like the camera resets when you let go of your aiming stick so it's not like a ps3 shooter that you just point and shoot at stuff

that's so far the most annoying "this game is unplayable" thing

happens in menus too so i think i may have configured it wrong, the only other dolphin game i've played is xenoblade and that one didn't have motion thing support

I find pretty much any FPS that originated on the GC to be terrible to control. (Having to hold a shoulder button or something and using the stick to aim, fuck that) Couldn't finish MP2, no idea how I beat the first one when it was released. And I hate scanning, it's so fucking tedious.
i think they redid the controls for trilogy tho. like if i could fix this one thing it'd be pretty alright

By not playing it with the wiimote + nunchuk combo you're missing half the fun. I'd say that the very existence of motion controls is validated by their use in Trilogy.
yeah i know

unfortunately i don't have access to those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom