• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

I really really need to this game..especially now that the occulus code was found in the game and it can be switched on...because i really really wanna run out of my room screaming

Likewise , although 2 things are holding me back :

1 i am broke .

2 My staunch refusal to buy any game for more then 25 € .

Dr Dogg

Watchoutwegotabadassoverhere.jpeg

I'm sure an average of 11fps is completely playable.

goddamn parity clause

where will it stop

Seeing as the Definitive Edition runs about 33% heavier than the Original Edition I'm sure 3840x2160 might be able to get 30 there or there abouts. That would be parity at 4 times the resolution! Alright fair enough on a GPU that alone costs more than either console but hey not 4 times as much!

Seeing as the Definitive Edition runs about 33% heavier than the Original Edition I'm sure 3840x2160 might be able to get 30 there or there abouts. That would be parity at 4 times the resolution! Alright fair enough on a GPU that alone costs more than either console but hey not 4 times as much!

Yowch, I was expecting it to run the same or better. Maybe there's something that a driver update could do here.

I got it for the DLC (since I didn't have any of it, aside from the free ones) so it was still worth my $9, but the performance is a bummer.

Just a tip though, be sure to ask the Working Joe's about their safety protocols.

Also: don't run. Running can lead to accidents.

Kaleinc

Banned
MzdmEqV.png

Hehehehehehehehe.

Someone could have let me know that DSR works on Kepler (and even Fermi) cards now with a bit of driver faffery.
4.00x native is 4 x horizontal, 4 x vertical or 7680x4320 for 1920x1080, right?

Dr Dogg

Yowch, I was expecting it to run the same or better. Maybe there's something that a driver update could do here.

I got it for the DLC (since I didn't have any of it, aside from the free ones) so it was still worth my $9, but the performance is a bummer.

I think it's something not quite right with the benchmark utility. In game it isn't too bad if I back off Extreme Anti-Aliasing but to be fair I've just played the first Nightmarket mission so take my bold claim with a massive pinch of salt :p

There are meant to be some new effects in the DE but I've not seen anything too different although lighting does look slightly different but I'd need both side by side to be sure. Be interesting to see how much support this gets as Sleeping Dogs got some good performancing boosting patches from United Front.

4.00x native is 4 x horizontal, 4 x vertical or 7680x4320 for 1920x1080, right?

Just 4 times your screen resolution. So twice horizontal and twice vertical ie if you have a 1920x1080 screen twice 1920 is 3840 and twice 1080 is 2160 giving you a resolution of 3840x2160.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-66CB072FAACC009F - Taken by iosefe

Parsnip

Well, started and finished 6180 the moon.

It's neat. Kind of short, but any longer and it would have definitely needed to introduce some more mechanics.

MzdmEqV.png

Hehehehehehehehe.

Someone could have let me know that DSR works on Kepler (and even Fermi) cards now with a bit of driver faffery.
Is it complicated?

iosefe

Boy do i love mystery giveaways on the eve of a PiF giveaway
Can't wait to see what game I already have

I'ts a humble. if i already have it, what happens?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I listened to the thread title yesterday and bought Bayonetta 2, but I'll skip Farm Simulator due to my fear of corn. As I'm not paying for any maize, I had a little bit left over to get this.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KenOD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blood of the Werewolf -- MB-328EEB8C16856607 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Historical fact. More people have died from corn stalks then werewolf bites.

Rudakus

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rudakus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Medieval II: Total War -- MB-F83BCC4152AFC813 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.

t1413164397z1.png
I've had fun with the total war series and figure someone else may have fun with this older but fun title

I listened to the thread title yesterday and bought Bayonetta 2, but I'll skip Farm Simulator due to my fear of corn. As I'm not paying for any maize, I had a little bit left over to get this.

Historical fact. More people have died from corn stalks then werewolf bites.

Sure, I'll try it out. I like platformers, and I've just been working my way through Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Looks like this will tie in nicely.

Thank you!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I don't know why suddenly everybody is giving away games but now you make me feel bad.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fantastapotamus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Impossible Game -- MB-8DE58DC069C111E3 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.

t1413164997z1.png

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm playing through Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 on 360 and...it's not as bad as reviewers seem to make it. The music isn't as nice as the first, but the jump action doesn't ruin the game as many people have said. It's a shame it's locked on consoles (and PS3 with always online DRM to boot). Hopefully Capcpom releases it on PC one of these days.

Parsnip

The way I did it? Yes because I'm a numpty and didn't bother to ask anyone and just went with what I knew.

The way Dictator93 gives? Nah it's a doddle as installing a regular driver.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134048981&postcount=346

Neat. I have to imagine that with modded drivers out there in the wild nvidia will start supporting it officially very soon as well.

I'm playing through Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 on 360 and...it's not as bad as reviewers seem to make it. The music isn't as nice as the first, but the jump action doesn't ruin the game as many people have said. It's a shame it's locked on consoles (and PS3 with always online DRM to boot). Hopefully Capcpom releases it on PC one of these days.

I actually ended up preferring Rearmed 2 in the end in mechanics, music and as an overall game. Was hard to go back to Rearmed after that.
Weird that they didn't bring it to PC.

Dr Dogg

Neat. I have to imagine that with modded drivers out there in the wild nvidia will start supporting it officially very soon as well.

Apparently offically later this month. Saying that I've had unreleased PhysX drivers bundled with OEM HP drivers for 3 months so we'll see. ShadowPlay didn't come up for me and I haven't tried with OBS so there's that to bear in mind but I haven't had too much time to check what will work or not.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I recall a lot of people having issue with the change in how swinging worked and the increase in instant death drops such as spikes or bottomless pits. Were those ever an actual issue for you?

Proper PC gamers do not ignore A-Train 9 V3.0: Railway Simulator.

b4ETepD.jpg

However, they do have a point about the price range. $59.99 is steep for a city-builder game, one that's never received a big following or been marketed effectively. You get a 50%-off discount if you own A-Train 9 on Steam, but that merely brings the price down to $29.99 (varying per region), already the base price of the original, yet this is only half a new game. Bleh, I don't know why Artdink thinks $29.99 SRP would undercut their sales to Japanese gamers. This isn't the easiest game to play in a foreign language anyway, not unless you've played with the interface before...but then you've one of the diehard customers already. Now I'm just waiting for Degica to bring the missing trains over as DLC, which shouldn't take long.

I didn't plan on making an OT for the game, but I know JaseC will buy it and BernardoOne wants A9. A-Train's very unique and fun, even the older games in the franchise, and it deserves to succeed outside of its home nation.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MMBosstones86:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Splatter -- MB-C034C47413DC56E6 - Taken by Jason Frost
Gone Home -- MB-9ADDB182F558776C - Taken by AsylumX. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures -- MB-272AB85AE522429F - Taken by WinterDemons
The Bridge -- MB-E21494229A7670AB - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner -- MB-42AFFCD2D74DA007 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars -- MB-C95A60E7707386C7 - Taken by Jason Frost
Gunpoint -- MB-AC48A329D2818503 - Taken by Dr.Acula. 1 entrants total.
Airline Tycoon 2 -- MB-F0D3BE06ACC71810 - Taken by nature boy. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die 2 -- MB-8EAAD1562B88DA1D - Taken by Divius. 5 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-1A95CA4323E4ACE6 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-AADC50C7AFD133BB - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten -- MB-033EF0BE91A5A879
t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-1929FBA00D2E89B6 - Taken by MillionStabs. 1 entrants total.
Papers, Please -- MB-62F2BB84BF53A190 - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-96EB66F247E3A817

t1413156417z1.png

party time

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I recall a lot of people having issue with the change in how swinging worked and the increase in instant death drops such as spikes or bottomless pits. Were those ever an actual issue for you?

I'm about halfway through and it seems to be a hell of a lot easier than the first, however I did beat the first one pre-nerf patch.. I've had a few spike deaths but nothing unfair. Maybe it gets super difficult later on. Playing with the 360 controller is hell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Going to take my rig to the guy that put it together tomorrow and see what's up with it heating up. See if it's thermal paste, the cooler, or what. Deffo worried now and I basically didn't use it at all today except to just download stuff (at least I downloaded most I wanted for now, including FF13)

Ozium

Going to take my rig to the guy that put it together tomorrow and see what's up with it heating up. See if it's thermal paste, the cooler, or what. Deffo worried now and I basically didn't use it at all today except to just download stuff (at least I downloaded most I wanted for now, including FF13)

maybe it saw your female laharl avatar

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Man Dark Souls 2 Final DLC was so good.
Hyrule Warriors on Wii U was surprisingly good
The game I have been playing the most recently on PC has been Rayman Legends. So god tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom