• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Dandelion
Pyrite Heart
Bionic Heart 2
Cho Dengeki Stryker
Rising Angels Reborn (free)
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme

Thanks for the list! Will check out RAR since it's free, and BH2 looks interesting, too. I'll probably pass on Dandelion and PH, since I'm not too into otome VNs.

L.O.R.D

i cleaned my laptop from dust and changed the thermal paste
it was like this
eEyxdNb.jpg

now..
4KOhVNb.jpg

OMG , my laptop is reborn again
i am actually playing DR3 above 25 FPS
and the game is goood

before all that the game run good for 5 minutes , then it drops to 10 FPS
BTW , 82 C in laptop is normal , don't be scared

Spyware

Finished Valiant Hearts (game 50 of the year, wooh!) and tried hopping over to Costume Quest. Of course it crashes on me. Oh how I love troubleshooting games :p

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It was a simple case of "do everything exactly the same as before but now it suddenly works" :p
Oh I love Wren.

zkylon

zkylewd
they look like they took naked pictures of them and then dressed them in photoshop with clothes ripped off google images with slightly altered hues

I enjoyed it but its gameplay is pretty forgettable. It would have enjoyed it slightly more if your combos weren't all preset.

Amazing visuals tho.

Also wasn't Capcom supposedly planning a character action game staring C.Viper? That's what her alt costume in Marvel 3 is based on right? I wouldn't minding seeing DONTNOD working on it.

What I've enjoyed so far about Remember Me is that the gameplay - or, at least, the combat - isn't the focus of the game. It's as much about inhabiting the bold, futuristic vision of Neo-Paris in 2084 as it is about playing the game. Instead of being just another brawler or action game, it feels like a true adventure, set in its own, real world. In a way it reminds me of Legend of Zelda games, with how varied it is, and how expansive it feels, in spite of not really being that big. It is also beautiful, as you said.

Action-adventure titles of this calibre are a rare thing nowadays and - as immemorable as the name is - the setting is something I'll have difficulty forgetting. Overall, I think Remember Me is something that DONTNOD could build upon in a sequel to great success.

It's unfortunate that the reception to Remember Me is similar to something like Binary Domain, in that it's a fantastic and underrated game that will never get the sequel it so dearly deserves. (That is, unless Remember Me takes a huge nosedive in quality in the second half)

zkylon

zkylewd
no it's a brawler game with an interesting world that i want to appreciate but unfortunately i'm constantly interrupted with boring ass combat and uncharting

Jadax

i cleaned my laptop from dust and changed the thermal paste
it was like this
eEyxdNb.jpg

now..
4KOhVNb.jpg

OMG , my laptop is reborn again
i am actually playing DR3 above 25 FPS
and the game is goood

before all that the game run good for 5 minutes , then it drops to 10 FPS
BTW , 82 C in laptop is normal , don't be scared

I wish I knew how to do that, or atleast knew where to get it done here in England - totally sure my laptop needs to be cleaned :(

Li Kao

Ok so the nvidia vsync causes the apparition of some artifacts on certain surfaces. I think I will try to play without any vsync. Mind you the artifacts are present without vsync but really less apparent.
I'm talking about a store canopy that becomes all fuzzy when vsync is on and remain normal without it. Well it becomes fuzzy if you play with the zoom button but at first glance all is normal.

And thinking about it, I had the same problem of fuzzy surfaces with AC3 vsynced.

Uh guys ? Nobody ?
I mean, can a function that limit the number of frames really affect how a surface is rendered ? I'm not too scared. For the moment.
(Just perplexed)

Dr Dogg

MzdmEqV.png

Hehehehehehehehe.

Someone could have let me know that DSR works on Kepler (and even Fermi) cards now with a bit of driver faffery.

Edit: Holy Shi.....
5120x2880 in everything that allows a resolution? Oh happy days!

L.O.R.D

I wish I knew how to do that, or atleast knew where to get it done here in England - totally sure my laptop needs to be cleaned :(

some laptops are very easy to clean , and some you have to disassemble it to the last peace to get to the CPU
lucky , MSI tend to make very easy to handle laptop , you only need to remove one back cover and you can reach the CPU
next time when i buy new laptop , i will make sure it has the same thing , or easy to disassemble

Li Kao

Can you post a screen?
Are you sure this is not ram related?

Yeah I know I'm stupid, a little screenshot would go a long way to explain the effect.
Mhh, tomorrow, or most likely later today, all hail insomnia.
It's a store canopy which become, extraordinarily grainy ? Yup, really hard to put in words.

So i have Dungeon of Elements on Desura it looks like it came from the Nutcracker Bundle on Indie Royale. So when I go to my account and click get steam key it says error getting key and when I go to desura and click get cd key from Indie Royale Nutcracker it says error getting cd key :(

Miguel81

MzdmEqV.png

Hehehehehehehehe.

Someone could have let me know that DSR works on Kepler (and even Fermi) cards now with a bit of driver faffery.

Edit: Holy Shi.....

5120x2880 in everything that allows a resolution? Oh happy days!

Noice. The aliasing cleaned up a bit at that res?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Laptop chips always run hotter than their desktop counterparts. I've never seen mine go past 72C, even in our heat-containing apartment (I really need to move).

Nabs

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/tradingforum/613938693188947664/

soo , what happened that day ?
how much DR3 was in that glitch ?
any of you manged to get a copy and they revoked it ?

The site said they wouldn't revoke keys. https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/dead-rising-3--2683-1

Hi Gamer!

By mistake this game has been on sale for free. It was never intended to be free, shit simply happenend. As a result the world hit us hard during the night. Our service has been down for several hours.

We saw comments on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Price-Comparison-Pages, Forums, well… the internet. We did read them all and enjoyed the love shared for Gamesplanet.

Be assured, we will write a full post-mortem about the last night and you will get to know all details.

Last but not least: We saw comments on Reddit, that keys would get revoked on Steam. This is not true! We did not take action in any way.

tmarg

Mine is still here. Also people should stop posting that Link. He's just a moderator and was clueless himself when he posted that in the trading forum.

I imagine someone other than gamesplanet could still do something (like capcom), and even if they don't, people still shouldn't trade for those keys, since so many of them don't work.

L.O.R.D

Mine is still here. Also people should stop posting that Link. He's just a moderator and was clueless himself when he posted that in the trading forum.

it was free in steam ? or gamesplanet ?
if not on steam , that moderator should not talk
i hate him
when the game released , i had problems with it , game run @ 10 FPS
and he said my GFX is below the minimum
at every thread he yall at every laptop owner and post something about mobile GFX has less score then desktop ...etc
even laptops with GTX 860m is having troubles

now, i am able to run the game at stable rate m how about that MR CAPCOM Representative

Nzyme32

They need to make a quality AvP game now. I loved the original game so much.

I still have the original. That game was my first introduction to a genuinely scary game. I used to purposely play it late at night in the dark as loud as possible, and get fucking spooked by those dam face huggers. Also so many hours of using night vision as a human, then turning the game off and realising all I could see was purple!

Kiru

it was free in steam ? or gamesplanet ?
if not on steam , that moderator should not talk
i hate him
when the game released , i had problems with it , game run @ 10 FPS
and he said my GFX is below the minimum
at every thread he yall at every laptop owner and post something about mobile GFX has less score then desktop ...etc
even laptops with GTX 860m is having troubles

now, i am able to run the game at stable rate m how about that MR CAPCOM Representative
Yeah. It was on gamesplanet.com, not on steam itself.
Haha great, enjoy the game then! :D

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadowplay1979, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cortex Command -- MB-61BA0E512A47AA0A - Taken by Sarcasm

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Cortex Command was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom