• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So then we'd have a trichotomy of Direct input games, Xinput games, and Xinput games that have rumble trigger support? No thanks. Just a wireless dongle would be good.

Lol, then why even bother getting an Xbone controller then? Just settle for the old 360 controller.
I bought the xbone controller just for that feature alone

Miguel81

I find pretty much any FPS that originated on the GC to be terrible to control. (Having to hold a shoulder button or something and using the stick to aim, fuck that) Couldn't finish MP2, no idea how I beat the first one when it was released. And I hate scanning, it's so fucking tedious.

But ya like Super Metroid, right? Tell me you like THAT one, at least.

Lol, then why even bother getting an Xbone controller then? Just settle for the old 360 controller.
I bought the xbone controller just for that feature alone

Much smaller deadzones, dpad, and the buttons feel better. The shoulder buttons require some adjustment on the users part, though

rtcn63

Super Metroid was one of the first games I owned. Walked into a K-Mart or Ames or Caldors or one of those with my parents some morning, and in the display case was Super Metroid and that first-person dungeon game with "Beyond" in the title. Chose one and not the other. Played Beyond later, it sucked.

I was one who never could love the Wii Mote. It was good in RE4, but the implementation in Metroid Prime 3 kept me from playing past the first area. I waggle the nunchuck with my left hand, if that means anything.

Much smaller deadzones, dpad, and the buttons feel better. The shoulder buttons require some adjustment on the users part, though

D-pad and build quality.

Yes, but the triggers impulse is really a nice feature and having two motors idling between my hands when I know they can resurrect any time to immerse me more in the game is just disappointing. Any game that has them on Xbone and then gets released on PC (like Dead Rising 3 ) has those rumble events written within its code. It is just a matter of time until this gets officially supported since official drivers will come sooner or later. We have just to wait

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So is polygamy.

2014-10-13_02-33-21.jpg

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If anybody as Of Orcs and Men, is there a way to get the particles setting above medium?

I don't have it, but looking at the pcgamingwiki page they list the location of the config thusly:

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Of Orcs and Men\graphicconfig.txt

You could see if it has any particle settings.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rudakus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rudakus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Medieval II: Total War -- MB-F83BCC4152AFC813 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 4 entrants total.

t1413164397z1.png

legacyzero

Banned
Let the console players have the MCC, just give us fixed up ports of Halo 1 and 2 on Steam. If they want to be really nice, then give us Halo 3 + ODST.

It just so happens that all I want is Halo 3 and ODST :p

But Halo CE and Halo 2 would be a nice addition to that package. Go big or go home, I say.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 21 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Fly'N -- MB-819C69284B5060B0 - Taken by Dusk Golem
RUSH -- MB-53E50D6BA8D98D3F - Taken by danhese007
Cold War -- MB-62FA7CEF88CC3886 - Taken by VikasNarula
To the Moon -- MB-F4FE4F394E9A0385 - Taken by Syphon Filter
Explodemon -- MB-05BE48EE160751DB - Taken by AsylumX
Toki Tori 2 -- MB-183EFC9EBAB9DD2B - Taken by nampad
Pretentious Game -- MB-44C974B5FEED7E78 - Taken by fernandes
Crystals of Time -- MB-A364428BE0C77254 - Taken by anastef
Obludia -- MB-01F840802E581A1B - Taken by darkchewie
Lucius -- MB-9DBC3B26AB8F1D26 - Taken by josecitoxnyo
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-B400C9494D4C8AE8 - Taken by Tesseract
Mechanic Escape -- MB-76B10B0FF74EFF41 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Toxic Bunny HD -- MB-604CE50703B5DC0F - Taken by Aitor
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-8F1A5AA7176EF81D
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded -- MB-CE61F343C63AC8EE - Taken by Axass
1000 Amps -- MB-40832D4407334C4A
Shad'O -- MB-349F6A64DB87D6DC - Taken by rainking187
Space Farmers -- MB-D4CC578A60D7D352 - Taken by Abomination
Blade Symphony -- MB-06DC6291C93D60E5 - Taken by zkylon
Where Angels Cry -- MB-60D75DD1D8A32159
xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-5C7B253FC901F36D - Taken by Nabs

Oublieux

Remake of a classic game in HD. Loved this as a kid.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Oublieux:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Oublieux, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nights in Dreams -- MB-3CBA460630FE9A1B - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.

t1413161937z1.png

Maniac

Banned
LOL, they blacklisted them cos they didn't like Wolfenstein? WUT XD
That's hardly something new. I know RPS has been blacklisted by both EA and... I believe it was Activision? May have been temporary blacklistings (6-12 months I'm told) It's hardly something new. If someone writes a negative review about your game, especially one that's overall, if not largely negative, you blacklist them. All is fair in this cesspit of an industry :p

so does Luther

Luther is better than Alien 3
But nothing is better than Alien 1, though.
Which is 35 years old. Which is fucking... Weird. I've been watching it since I was 6, so about 13 odd years
JK MORE LIKE 6 AM IRITE GUISE
and it's been my favourite movie my entire life, really. That fuckin' Xeno is part of my DNA at this point. Can't help but wonder what might pop out one day!

Xbone wireless dongle and Halo games on steam please.

He brought it up on his own in our Steam chat too. Shit is weird.
It's getting hot in here... ;)
I just wanted to understand *why* the chat was happening! That's all!
What, have you never seen a sexy sheep? With their beautiful
(fuck no it's terrifying)
bahh?

Sharkiller

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sharkiller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Montagues Mount -- MB-38003F324C8EEC56 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.

t1413162357z1.png
acceptable game for people that like puzzles

Oublieux

This is random (maybe unnecessary even). I am not able to frequent this board a lot, but this particularly took a larger nosedive than usual as my father ended up in the hospital. It's pretty difficult to handle news like that, especially since I'm overseas, but he's thankfully doing a lot better.

On a lighter note, Shadows of Mordor! I know it takes a big dose of inspiration from Batman and AC, but that Nemesis system makes the game. It has some flaws, but it is fun and that is what counts. I'm having a complete and thorough blast even if I do die from the occasional orc swarm. Anyway, glad to see the thread being crazy active again and submitted a giveaway myself.

Shadownet

Banned
Gosh darn it I wanna enter for Blade Symphony and Lucius from the last page but I didn't read the instruction and now I'm disqualified lol

Miguel81

This is random (maybe unnecessary even). I am not able to frequent this board a lot, but this particularly took a larger nosedive than usual as my father ended up in the hospital. It's pretty difficult to handle news like that, especially since I'm overseas, but he's thankfully doing a lot better.

On a lighter note, Shadows of Mordor! I know it takes a big dose of inspiration from Batman and AC, but that Nemesis system makes the game. It has some flaws, but it is fun and that is what counts. I'm having a complete and thorough blast even if I do die from the occasional orc swarm. Anyway, glad to see the thread being crazy active again and submitted a giveaway myself.

Thanks for sharing your story, man. I'm very sorry to hear about your father, but it is great that he is doing better. BTW, that's an excellent game to give away and I hope it finds a good home. Cheers!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm pretty sure we can thank Stump for their lack of action, as he shat on the effort from orbit.

That girlfriend is now my wife and GFWL is dead. I win.

Every good story with a happy ending has Where's Wally/Waldo in it.

If anybody as Of Orcs and Men, is there a way to get the particles setting above medium?

Nay, medium is as high as it goes. There simply isn't a higher setting programmed into the game for some reason.

Nabs

R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-5C7B253FC901F36D - Taken by Nabs

Lets see how long I survive this one.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nabs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Q.U.B.E -- MB-CB12B063654CA116 - Taken by Mengy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom