• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninja_Dinosaur2.jpg
Does it still count as furry if that thing didn't have any fur?

Shadow, a quick post as I'll be off the air for a couple of hours (and expect to not win Alien: Isolation - note the subtle reverse psychology there, ModBot)... but I just wanted to say thank you for your mega-giveaway.

A lesser man might've simply sold the whole lot for personal gain and profit, so yep, it's a great gesture of good-will that should not pass by without a thank you. Thank you!

Good luck, everyone.

Oipic you shifty devil, I never knew reverse psychology worked on modbot. Grats.

Deques

Morning everyone

I got a question:
In collector's perspective, how much is an early access gift version of Divinity Original Sin worth?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How about making a new engine for ES/FO first.

I think someone here said the rumor was that the next game might be on Unreal 4.

I have mixed feelings about a new engine since there's been a kind of continuity between the engines and tools since Morrowind.

If it meant more tools and even deeper engine access: ohhhh.
If it meant less: ehhhhh.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gamespot just gave their verdict on Bayonetta 2.

The Bad:

The sad realisation that future action games may never top this

Zeliard redeemed

Anustart

FTL truly is a badly designed game. It says a lot when even when set to easy the end boss is such a layout gate for your ship. There's so many avenues of progression cut off by the insane jump in difficulty here. The luck needed to win on easy just makes it so much more ridiculous on what you'd need on normal or god forbid, hard.

The core gameplay is pretty decent and fun. But everything you've done is tossed out the window when you come across the final boss. I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of change to the boss depending on layout to make it more fair.

I've beaten the game before, and reached the end boss even more than that. When the whole game is a dice roll and hoping for the correct layout it becomes a chore. No amount of skill can overcome a bad roll and that really hurts the package. If I had to score it i'd probably land on a 5/10 because of the insane rick roll that happens at the end.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
FTL truly is a badly designed game. It says a lot when even when set to easy the end boss is such a layout gate for your ship. There's so many avenues of progression cut off by the insane jump in difficulty here. The luck needed to win on easy just makes it so much more ridiculous on what you'd need on normal or god forbid, hard.

wot??

I win on easy every single time, I guess I'm one hell of a lucky motherfucker

Dr Dogg

INTERNAL BETHESDA TO-DO LIST 10/2014
DO NOT LEAK THIS FILE

> "build" a "new" "engine"
> that doesn't suck

Or to take this directly out of the Skyrim playbook

> say TESO VI is running on a "new" "engine"
> ship game on old engine modded to an inch of its life

Edit: And then realise Marco said exactly the same thing.

I picked up Wheelman and Split/Second in a retail bundle today for $3. I'm going to find out if I can find a contact email for Wheelman (seeing as the game was removed from the store last year) and one for Disney so I can email them about getting a Steam code, LOL

Shadownet

Banned
I have 3 TF2 keys, tempted to get Splinter Cell Conviction. Am I making a good choice?

On the same note, Conviction is region free right? I see some people selling it on TF2Outpost for 3 keys.

Deques

I picked up Wheelman and Split/Second in a retail bundle today for $3. I'm going to find out if I can find a contact email for Wheelman (seeing as the game was removed from the store last year) and one for Disney so I can email them about getting a Steam code, LOL

Tell JaseC the result regarding Wheelman :)

I have 3 TF2 keys, tempted to get Splinter Cell Conviction. Am I making a good choice?

On the same note, Conviction is region free right? I see some people selling it on TF2Outpost for 3 keys.

If you want it for UPlay, I could get you a code next time I'm out at my local haunt. I picked it up (physical copy) last week in a 2-pack for $3. I can just email or PM you the key.

Tell JaseC the result regarding Wheelman :)

I will take that as a good sign, hopefully.

Shadownet

Banned
If you want it for UPlay, I could get you a code next time I'm out at my local haunt. I picked it up (physical copy) last week in a 2-pack for $3. I can just email you the key.

Well the deluxe edition is 3 keys, so unless your physical copy is the deluxe edition :) don't worry about it. Thank you though for your offer.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly what I said.

Indeed you are.

Have you tried using a strategy for this fight, or do you just go in blind? The fight is super easy if you
go with a teleporter and kill the right crew etc

Well the deluxe edition is 3 keys, so unless your physical copy is the deluxe edition :) don't worry about it. Thank you though for your offer.

Just base, unfortunately. I previously picked up the DE for the same price. Still haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Want to get the older installments so I can do a marathon run.

Anustart

Have you tried using a strategy for this fight, or do you just go in blind? The fight is super easy if you
go with a teleporter and kill the right crew etc

Yeah I go in with a teleporter if possible. Which is negated in the 3rd phase. Regardless of what is possible, it's poorly designed in that it rules out so many options.

Dr Dogg

Gamespot just gave their verdict on Bayonetta 2.

The Bad:

Zeliard redeemed

You know what the sad thing probaly will be? It will review well, lots of players will love it but it will probaly not get masses and masses of sales. Of course I'd love to be wrong but the same thing happened with the first.

Still, poking my head in The Evil Within review thread good to see guess the Metacritic and some confirmation bias in effect even before reviews are out.

milena87

I don't know about it being region free, but Conviction was an ok game. Not great, but I don't think it was as bad as people make it out to be.

I remember that some of the co-op challenges were quite frustrating, though. Or maybe they were because my brother loved to be spotted every 5 seconds... :p

Conviction complete was 7.5 dollars when on sale, you could get a better price I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom