• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

This is why you don't make your inventory public
So conflicted... They have an MTG avatar, which makes them good people, but then they have a weeaboo name, which makes them dreadful people.

Who am I kidding? 80% of MTG players are probably weeaboos. :(

It's times like this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134109533&postcount=565

When I question why nextgen users go so easy on these guys.
There's someone in that thread making arguments as if Bayonetta is an actual human person with thoughts and feelings. Okay. I'm never venturing into the wilds of the gaming forum again.

dex3108

http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/220999919816458756

PAYDAY: The Heist for free for 24 hours via Steam Thursday morning at 10AM Pacific
To celebrate that you reached the goal earlier than anticipated, we're giving out PAYDAY: The Heist for free via Steam Thursday morning at 10AM Pacific and going forward for 24 hours. This was going to happen on the 18th originally but since you guys did such an awesome job we want to give you the reward as soon as possible.

Tell your friends and family that they can download PAYDAY: The Heist for free on Thursday morning of October 16th at 10AM Pacific. We'll give out clear instructions on how to download it come Thursday.

Shadownet

Banned
You guys remember those Above the Influence commercials? Yeah I'm definitely not above SteamGAF's influence.
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I love RPG games.

jjEIyxSExIxzx.PNG

As a heads-up, I'm totally letting you guys know what I think of The Evil Within and going to play it for hours once it releases out at midnight. If it disappoints me, surpasses my expectations, or any other outcome, I'll let you know.

EsteemedIncompatibleBunting.gif

DenseNervousDoe.gif

I wish someone would explain to me why this has such a weird ass release time. I guess I should be happy since it's releasing earlier than expected.

It's times like this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134109533&postcount=565

When I question why nextgen users go so easy on these guys.

Trying to wrap my head around this post.

BUY A WII U OR GO TO HELL

Debating whether to get The Evil Within on PS4 (for comfy couch) or PC. Are there version impressions yet?
How about you buy one for me?

I really could use a new doorstop for that one door that won't stay open when I'm trying to create a nice draft.

Does anyone have a spare code for XCOM: Enemy Unknown that they'd be willing to gift/sell to me? (UK, not sure if you can do cross-region downloads)

Heard it was free on GMG recently

Arthea

Debating whether to get The Evil Within on PS4 (for comfy couch) or PC. Are there version impressions yet?
what if we are already in the hell?

I don't quite get this logic. Why would you buy a console version of a game when PC one is available. What if you want to replay it years later?

Shadownet

Banned
As a heads-up, I'm totally letting you guys know what I think of The Evil Within and going to play it for hours once it releases out at midnight. If it disappoints me, surpasses my expectations, or any other outcome, I'll let you know.

I'll be there day 1 with you Dusk. I'm excited. Gotta go buy more underwears.

Ban Puncher

Buy on PC. Hook up PC to TV. Use PS4 controller on PC.

I should really get off my arse, buy a long HDMI cable and drill a couple of holes in my walls so I can have the PC on the main TV screen.

I don't quite get this logic. Why would you buy a console version of a game when PC one is available. What if you want to replay it years later?

Sometimes PC versions of a game are kinda shitty and not properly optimised ie Ubisoft releases.

Arthea

Does anyone have a spare code for XCOM: Enemy Unknown that they'd be willing to gift/sell to me? (UK, not sure if you can do cross-region downloads)

Heard it was free on GMG recently

not yet, it will be free for those that voted on Golden Joystick Awards, and you can still do it, I believe, and get free xcom after.
voting is going on here
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/?p=email3_voting_open

edited: could you stop beating me! it hurts, you know

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

If you don't have at least 3GB VRAM I'd lean towards the PS4 version. Judging from what Bethesda has said it won't be possible to reduce the game's texture cache size a la Rage and Wolf14, meaning the only graphics options on offer that will have a noticeable effect on VRAM usage are resolution and shadow quality.

Saty

Ban Puncher

If you don't have at least 3GB VRAM I'd lean towards the PS4 version. Judging from what Bethesda has said it won't be possible to reduce the game's texture cache size a la Rage and Wolf14, meaning the only graphics options on offer that will have a noticeable effect on VRAM usage are resolution and shadow quality.

My 780Ti laughs at Bethesdas poor choice of graphical options.

Arthea

I should really get off my arse, buy a long HDMI cable and drill a couple of holes in my walls so I can have the PC on the main TV screen.

Sometimes PC versions of a game are kinda shitty and not properly optimised ie Ubisoft releases.

but it can be patched, and usually is if unplayable, so I still don't get it.
I always go for PC version if there is one.

Shadownet

Banned

I only have 2GB... Am I screwed?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My 780Ti laughs at Bethesdas poor choice of graphical options.

I'd still wait and see, just to be safe. It's entirely possible that 4GB VRAM will be necessary for a native rendering resolution with the highest shadow quality.

JaseC, you don't happen to know if the early access gift version of Divinity Original Sin is worth something?

It has a few of the DDE bonuses, so you could probably flog it off for 10 keys or so.

Shadownet

Banned
Not screwed, just some settings turned down. Probably would go with console alternative if it matters that much. However, I tend to go with PC just to fill my Steam library. :p
Its a bit too late now:p I bought my copy 6 hours ago.

As long as I don't have to turn it down quite a few settings I think I can live with that. Usually I turn off motion blur anyway. All the time. XD

PS. I like filling out my Steam library too. Just not to the JaseC level.

@Skyzard, you cruel man. D:

I played a bit of Agarest Zero yesterday and the day before yesterday and I have to say, while the battlesystem is exactly the same, the game itself feels far more straight-forward.
There are not too many battles like in Agarest 1 so it doesnt take 7-8 battles till the next event.

Arthea

greenlight is on fire
there were 1181 of greenlit games on friday, it's 1189 today and again I can't see what was greenlit. whatta mess

A Wizard's Lizard sales article: http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/Matt...rd_by_the_numbers_our_HTML5_game_on_Steam.php

What grabbed my eye:

Wasn't aware there was something like that.
Would've made more money if they had focused on content rather than pretty lighting effects during it's early phase, and if they hadn't bizarrely tried to deny the fact that their game is an Isaac clone. Should've embraced it and marketed it as such.

Good to know that I'm one of 528 people who caught the price mistake, though! I am in the 0.000000000001%.

Deques

It has a few of the DDE bonuses, so you could probably flog it off for 10 keys or so.

Seems like I got a quite small profit :) I actually found someone selling it for 7 keys and bought it

greenlight is on fire
there were 1181 of greenlit games on friday, it's 1189 today and again I can't see what was greenlit. whatta mess

People still care about greenlight?

Skyzard

Banned
Its a bit too late now:p I bought my copy 6 hours ago.

As long as I don't have to turn it down quite a few settings I think I can live with that. Usually I turn off motion blur anyway. All the time. XD

PS. I like filling out my Steam library too. Just not to the JaseC level.

@Skyzard, you cruel man. D:

I hope it's not the case because it sounds crazy considering < 2% of steam users have 4GB VRAM but when they go out of their way on numerous occasion to warn people that you need 4GB for 1080p...when the engine has texture compression too...I dunno, best to keep expectations in check I think.

Deques

Is this documented somewhere? Did they accidentally a number or two, or is that really how many games they've greenlit? Seems insane, unless they properly just opened up to everyone in which case there is no need for greenlight then...

The number is from the Steam Greenlight page.
Right now there are 1189 greenlit games and 420 (of those?) are released in steam

Deques

Shan Gui is currently on sale in IndieGala Store for $2.45

The card prices are still quite high, if you are lucky with drops you will get money back and maybe more

Edit: I haven't bought it myself yet, probably will wait for a bundle.
Another warning besides the short game time. The card prices might be high, it doesn't mean that buyers will buy it at that price. I checked on the buy orders, those prices are almost half the sell prices.

Uzzy

You guys remember those Above the Influence commercials? Yeah I'm definitely not above SteamGAF's influence.
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I love RPG games.

Good man. Pick Toreador first, as they're the best clan.

The card prices are still quite high, if you are lucky with drops you will get money back and maybe more

As Chairmanchuck says, it's a very short game, but well told and rather sweet. Gorgeous artwork and music for it though.

Arthea

I need to pick it up, I would be even more inclined if my millions of gala points worked
(it doesn't (><)
Indiegala is another hot mess out there

I need to pick it up, I would be even more inclined if my millions of gala points worked
(it doesn't (><)
Indiegala is another hot mess out there

Yeah, I'd love to know how to link my Gala and GalaStore profiles. I have something like 60,000 points and I can't use them on anything. I was supposed to have done that when I originally created my account, apparently.

Arthea

Will there ever be a sequel to Vampires Masquerade?

as well you could have stuck a knife into my heart.
Troika (._.)

Yeah, I'd love to know how to link my Gala and GalaStore profiles. I have something like 60,000 points and I can't use them on anything. I was supposed to have done that when I originally created my account, apparently.

I linked my gala accounts, I still can't use my gala points for anything at all and I have insane amounts of them (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom