• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like it doesn't matter if my Skyrim mods are using too much VRAM, I'm going to have to do a fresh install anyways. I just noticed that I have this faint grid/dotted looking thing all over a ton of the textures, like this.

I'll probably just delete all my mods and start fresh sometime in the spring. I think my problem is that I tried to install too many at once and push my system too far. I ran Afterburner when I was playing just a minute ago and my GPU was working at 100% for a large portion of the time, so I think I overdid it a tad. Oh well.
That almost looks like 16bit color dithering. Weird...

Grief.exe

So SteamGaf, What's the scariest horror game for the PC?

Off the top of my head you have Amnesia, Outlast, Silent Hill 2/3/4, Undying, Dead Space 1/2, RE4, Alan Wake, Alien: Isolation (Mr Orange's GOTY), Call of Cthulhu, and Condemned.

Not particularly scary, but phenomenal FPS games in their own right System Shock 2, FEAR, and STALKER.

Keep you eye out for the upcoming The Evil Within, Routine, and REmake rerelease, and the Early Access releases The Forest and Darkwood.

Phil Spencer saying he will bring more games to PC.

Wait for him to announce Blinx The Time Sweeper 1 and 2 "HD" collection, Voodoo Vince and Grabbed By The Ghoulies.

I would be so down. Just port all of their original Xbox exclusives...

I'd love for them to bring forth Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Still wouldn't believe they're actively supporting PC though until Killer Instinct finds its way over.

I'd buy Ghoulies, never got a chance to play it.

I'd buy voodoo Vince.

I would like Voodoo Vince cause it was decent. But the ones I want all the hope is lost.(Otogi 1 and 2)

Are we talking about Original Xbox games right now? So many amazing titles stuck on that system that I would love to see on Steam.

Are we talking about Original Xbox games right now? So many amazing titles stuck on that system that I would love to see on Steam.
Oh yeah... At this point I wonder if Microsoft even cares. There are so many gems there though.

Does anyone know if MS release Crimson Skies at their leisure or do they have to go through someone to do it? Because I'd even take a Steam release of the first game over nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why are we ignoring Zeilard?

he is the anti christ, demon made flesh signaling the end of times?

or its because hes into WiiU stuff...so, you know, same thing

I should be.
Unless it kicked me out.
Uplay is a fickle beast so I can't check anything when playing a game from it.

stop playing ubisoft games and go finish Alien before TEW comes out

iosefe

To fool your enemies, you must first fool your friends.

image.php

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shalashaska, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
The Witcher (GOG) -- MB-7D1181A32E8EF0E3 - Taken by Jmanunknown

Ozium

everyone reps a girl.jace is sar, that one dude with that one girl whos name i forgot.

I think her name is Shawshank Redemption or something

scared for january real life avvy tarz :(

might just not have to post

edit: I thought that alpaca game came out months ago... wtf?

MattyG

Banned
I think her name is Shawshank Redemption or something

scared for january real life avvy tarz :(

might just not have to post

edit: I thought that alpaca game came out months ago... wtf?
What the hell does this mean? We use pictures of ourselves as avatars?

Also, what alpaca game?

Jawmuncher

he is the anti christ, demon made flesh signaling the end of times?

or its because hes into WiiU stuff...so, you know, same thing

stop playing ubisoft games and go finish Alien before TEW comes out

.......but I already beat Alien.
Posted my impressions a few days ago.
Was really good. The final sections are amazing.

Jawmuncher

How many pants were washed throughout your entire experience?

It can get tense. But I didn't find it scary in the slightest.
As I said before Alien has been to watered down with all the action movies.
So as hard as they tried the Alien just can't be as scary as they want.
Regardless of that though the atmosphere was excellent.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
I've been in Australia for about one month now and really miss gaming. I didn't bring a laptop with me and now I'm thinking about buying a MacBook Air for travelling, because surfing on my iPad and phone is getting really annoying. So now I'm looking for some games which run well on a MacBook Air.

Here's a list of all the games which I already own.

But I'm also open to any other suggestions.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Banner Saga -- MB-238C15A01B46927A - Taken by arts&crafts. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #2 -- MB-AFBABE21238263D8 - Taken by agniswarm. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #3 -- MB-55BEAC0EE94E693F - Taken by Deques. 32 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #4 -- MB-6B6719A930C4692F - Taken by didamangi. 33 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- #5 -- MB-C99CA6745CC26F87 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 29 entrants total.
Saints Row IV- -- MB-2ABAF4F4CE2A4C9B - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 32 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #3 -- MB-6F5EA669F920CDCF - Taken by Fare Godmace. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-B81202F053D807F2 - Taken by milena87. 60 entrants total.
Alien Isolation -- MB-3FF96ECA038EADB5 - Taken by Deitus. 70 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #3 -- MB-807279DF4BFDB38B - Taken by oipic. 69 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #2 -- MB-7742529400DF2DF2 - Taken by Black Soma. 27 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #3 -- MB-43F9BD837687F43D - Taken by Ventara. 25 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect #2 -- MB-C93A872DD624DE2A - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 61 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #3 -- MB-A442EC40DB2783C5 - Taken by Sendou. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #2 -- MB-36103C031472C03E - Taken by Exuro. 5 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-92A719F60F69783C - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
The Banner Saga #4 -- MB-A938FAE546194A78 - Taken by tebunker. 24 entrants total.
Alien Isolation #2 -- MB-6DFF3D5D2CB589BD - Taken by Benedict. 65 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack #4 -- MB-5084C53DDB0DE83F - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 5 entrants total.

t1413179634z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom