• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
^^^
Zeliard doing the Lord's work!

You know what the sad thing probaly will be? It will review well, lots of players will love it but it will probaly not get masses and masses of sales. Of course I'd love to be wrong but the same thing happened with the first.

It's a Wii U exclusive Japanese character action game from Platinum games.

There are so many things in that sentence that make your prediction the under-statement of the year :p

There are so many things in that sentence that make your prediction the under-statement of the year :p
I'll eat crow if it doesn't sell like poop. But who cares about sales with this? Stop looking at those and look at the game! :lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll eat crow if it doesn't sell like poop. But who cares about sales with this? Stop looking at those and look at the game! :lol

I would, but I'm broken out of it by another cheap shot of T&A

more or less 100% certain this'll be my goty, SE w/Bayo1 60fps edition pre-ordered

Zeliard

I'd upgrade my PSU and buy a second GTX770 cheap if I have 360 bucks. Or just save it for the next GPU upgrade.

What are you playing at, 1080p?

image.php

Go with Bayo2 and feel good about yourself. Mario also kicks ass. Don't you love you some Mario?

Yrael

Oh man I feel mad negligent not posting in this thread. Smash and Hyrule Warriors have been eating all my spare time. Hiw do you guys stay active when there are games to play?

I've been the same way! I feel like I've barely posted here at all lately.

I just want Viva Pinata on Steam. Anything else is loud noises that should rightfully be ignored!

I'd like to see Viva Pinata on Steam too. I played the DS version back in the day, and it was pretty fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if I told you I have a WiiU and no interest in Bayo 2 Zeli, would you be upset? :p

seriously tho, I miss young-me who got excited about crazy japanese games. old-me is boring :(

Save the Wii U and buy Bayonetta, save the world. I got that from a show with superheroes.

Oh and maybe MG:R while you're at it too. Cuz it's on Steam. Platinum love. Duh.

Game port begging is banned but howabout console port begging?

༼ つ◕_◕༽つ Nintendo plz release Wii U on Steam

Dr Dogg

One thing I will say about Zeliard (the game not the mod) it has an awesome soundtrack.

http://youtu.be/fnnxHgAksPU

Hahaha well it's going to get a lot of love from fans new and old alike. Realistically a good game that you enjoy is still that even if it sells or reviews poorly and conversely just because you don't like a game doesn't mean it's going to not sell like gang busters and get showered with awards.

Well the fact there's even a sequel to Bayonetta despite the firsts sale performance is a feat in itself but I really, really doubt that's going to happen again unless it sells by the truck load. Still as I said to roboleon above none of that should or will colour my opinion of the game so just hoping PlatiunumGames knock it out the park with the show stopping events like they did with W101.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of koma, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-D289DCD368E7AF1C - Taken by Jadax. 8 entrants total.

t1413230577z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
i played conviction on ps3 and i know im the minority here but i loved it.
Anyway, I wonder what else I can pick up for 3 TF2 keys. Oh if someone has a spare copy of Tickets to Ride or any of the DLC, contact me. I'll buy it from you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait, people actually think Bayo 2 is going to sell? o_O

I hope it does, for Platinum's sake, but theres a reason all the publishers passed on it and it wasnt because they are mean :p

edit: or because the game didnt / doesnt look good.

Arthea

guys, if you want to join, we'll be playing Proteus and Grim Legends here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895103

Am I being crazy if I hope for it and the first game coming to Steam?

yup, definitely crazy, my kind of crazy though
let's believe together (><)

Looks like this week's games can be beaten quite fast. Maybe a third game to the list? :)

let's stick with two, we don't have the best record of finishing games still (><)

Anyway, I wonder what else I can pick up for 3 TF2 keys.

I picked up VtM: Bloodlines for 1.5 keys and AC3 Deluxe for 2.5 keys a couple days back. I thought those were very good deals.

Also, you're not missing much with the SCC deluxe edition. It just adds multiplayer items. The only real bonus is Infiltration Mode, which can be bought with UPlay points if you don't get the DE.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I will take that as a good sign, hopefully.

Valve won't give you a Steam key since the game isn't supposed to be Steam-redeemable; Ubi can't give you a Steam key because it no longer has distribution rights; and WB can't give you a Steam key because it doesn't have access to the app (Ubi is still listed as the publisher).

Valve won't give you a Steam key since the game isn't supposed to be Steam-redeemable; Ubi can't give you a Steam key because it no longer has distribution rights; and WB can't give you a Steam key because it doesn't have access to the app (Ubi is still listed as the publisher).

Hmmm... I'll try my luck and email a few parties. Will let you know if I hear anything different.

That said, I love the physical copy of the game. It has this fold-out map of Barcelona that's quite interesting.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, I'm totally letting you guys know what I think of The Evil Within and going to play it for hours once it releases out at midnight. If it disappoints me, surpasses my expectations, or any other outcome, I'll let you know.

EsteemedIncompatibleBunting.gif

DenseNervousDoe.gif

Shadownet

Banned
Vampires The Masquerade: Bloodlines huh? I hear so many people talk about this game. It's a 2004 game. Is there any graphic mods I need to enhance it? I heard there were a lot of technical problems.

Vampires The Masquerade: Bloodlines huh? I hear so many people talk about this game. It's a 2004 game. Is there any graphic mods I need to enhance it? I heard there were a lot of technical problems.

There's a major community patch that fixes a lot of bugs and restores previously-deleted content. It's the first thing I downloaded.

The game's pretty good. Kind of irked that there are so many loading screens, though. The ambience is amazing, and the characters are all interesting.

Zeliard

Just install the major fan patch for Bloodlines - http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/63013 - and you're all set.

It had notable technical problems on release but they have all been smoothed out over the years. Needless to say, the game is incredible. Mitsoda's writing is impeccable - really fun dialogue trees, each character is highly distinct whether major or minor, the plots are all engaging, and the setting is beautifully realized.

You owe it to yourself to play through this game if you enjoy RPGs at all, or even if you're unsure about RPGs yet really enjoy vampire fiction.

I have downloaded the Bayo2 demo, but not played it

Guess I am an evil despicable person... :(

Yes, you are.

milena87

Yes, you can find anything you need from an awesome thread made by TheVampire.

As crazyrabbits and Zeliard said, the unofficial patch is a must. The rest is to enhance the look of the game.

I higly recommend the game if you like RPGs.

milena87

Yeah, that snuff movie side-quest...I really love Bloodlines, soon or later I will grab a digital copy, since I sold my boxed one years ago.

Eh, I loved that quest. I really need to play the game again someday. I played through the games 3 times back when I got it, but I haven't played it since. The nosferatu both intrigued and scared me.

And I have jealously kept my boxed copy. One of the best Christmas gifts ever :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom