• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudoboi

To warn you. The game is just 30-45 minutes long and the story is kinda standard. The art, music and VA is well done though.
I enjoyed it.

I must not be looking at the right places but it seems that it is very difficult to find a visual novel type of game with voice acting and huge amount of choices. games without any voice acting and no decision making just bores me to death. i feel like im reading a book instead of playing a game

Tizoc

As a heads-up, I'm totally letting you guys know what I think of The Evil Within and going to play it for hours once it releases out at midnight. If it disappoints me, surpasses my expectations, or any other outcome, I'll let you know.

EsteemedIncompatibleBunting.gif

DenseNervousDoe.gif

Man if only I wasn't a scaredy cat and had an interest in horror games. That 2nd gif was really neat.

Deques

I linked my gala accounts, I still can't use my gala points for anything at all and I have insane amounts of them (><)

Saving 20 cents seems not worth the hassle the work to link the gala points and actually be able to use them

Edit: LastPass warned me if I wanted to give out my credentials to the page, wtf?

Arthea

I must not be looking at the right places but it seems that it is very difficult to find a visual novel type of game with voice acting and huge amount of choices. games without any voice acting and no decision making just bores me to death. i feel like im reading a book instead of playing a game

reading books bore you to death? damn son...

Saving 20 cents seems not worth the hassle the work to link the gala points and actually be able to use them

you know, it adds up! also it would be nice for those points to work as intended

Yeah. I hate reading books xD. I always wait for movies

*unfriends*
seriously? give it a go, find a good book and stick with it, it's like the best thing humanity ever created, besides gaming, of course

Chariot

Well, it's difficult to find translated ones for obvious reasons. The big visual novels are massive and it's a pain to translate all the text.

There is always Katawa Shoujo , no voice acting, but a decent amount of choices with five big branches that lead to different stories and choices within them.

And well, there are also fan translations of japanese ones.

Jørdan

It's really, really good.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Eschalon: Book I -- MB-20E39CFB1E18B7BE - Taken by D3RANG3D
Baldur's Gate on laxitives

Arthea

Well, it's difficult to find translated ones for obvious reasons. The big visual novels are massive and it's a pain to translate all the text.

There is always Katawa Shoujo , no voice acting, but a decent amount of choices with five big branches that lead to different stories and choices within them.

And well, there are also fan translations of japanese ones.

not that difficult, for example here
http://www.jastusa.com/shop/nitroplus.html

VA isn't common thing though still, as it would make VNs too expensive and VN scene is totally overrun by dating sims lately, what's a pity.

Chariot

not that difficult, for example here
http://www.jastusa.com/shop/nitroplus.html

VA isn't common thing though still, as it would make VNs too expensive and VN scene is totally overrun by dating sims lately, what's a pity.
Saya no Uta isn't exactly a novel with many choices and is relatively short. And just because some are translated it doesn't mean, that it isn't a pain in the arse.

I think Higurashi has VA, hopefully the Steam version will too.

Just woke up and saw that I won Murdered from Shadownet's giveaway...

93867-holy-shit-gif-Key-and-Peele-Im-WXJ4.gif

Thanks, Shadownet! Installing right now, it will be a nice way to change gears after 70 hours of Borderlands 2
and before trying to solo the Seraph guardians for dat 100% achievement comletion

BTW, Milamber, Grimock is next on my queue... I just killed the regular final boss of the Tiny Tina DLC last night :p Thanks for that, again!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't think I can bring myself to buy a WiiU, sorry Steam-GAF. I'm having too much fun on my laptop. I kind of miss console gaming, but as much as I enjoyed the Wii games I played I don't think I can go for the WiiU. I'll probably get a PS4 eventually, but it'll take a while for the exclusives to build up in order to justify it. Doesn't help that I have very little space in my budget for big purchases these days.

Shadownet

Banned
Valve should just drop mad cash and buy Nintendo. Then we can finally talk about when the next Zelda game is coming to Steam.

*wishful thinking*

Arthea

Saya no Uta isn't exactly a novel with many choices and is relatively short. And just because some are translated it doesn't mean, that it isn't a pain in the arse.

I think Higurashi has VA, hopefully the Steam version will too.

you did this on purpose, didn't you?
rudeness is rampant in this thread (><)
my reason for posting that link was Steins Gate, first and foremost. Why is it still not on steam? why? (._.)

Finally, after months I completed my book, fixing all errors too.
I just need to add a couple of things and probably I will ship it during this week. Now fingers crossed.

your book? What kind of book?

Arthea

oh please, don't turn weird on me steamgaf again, can we have a day free of teen stuff? (><)

I kinda want a Wii U now. I also want a GTX 970, though.

What do you think are the chances that people around me will understand my hints and decide to give me one of these 2 things for Christmas, instead of many smaller gifts?
I think pretty slim

not a chance
whenever I hint about upgrades and such I get clothes, every single time (><)

milena87

What do you think are the chances that people around me will understand my hints and decide to give me one of these 2 things for Christmas, instead of many smaller gifts?
I think pretty slim

Chariot

you did this on purpose, didn't you?
rudeness is rampant in this thread (><)
my reason for posting that link was Steins Gate, first and foremost. Why is it still not on steam? why? (._.)
There, there :)
It'll come surely.

Yes they are....but over time around 5 6 months down the line...but that time nobody would even open this page..
That's certainly not true. People are getting all the time on old pages, through google, links to posts somebody saved for whatever reason or while researching someones post history. Google is very sensitive to breaking the rules, so I can see the precaution.

Uzzy

I think pretty slim

You could be lucky and get two GTX 970s.

agniswarm

Banned
Agreed...using google anything is possible..so the precaution is right...thanks..

That's certainly not true. People are getting all the time on old pages, through google, links to posts somebody saved for whatever reason or while researching someones post history. Google is very sensitive to breaking the rules, so I can see the precaution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom