• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Bayonetta fans should just do the world a favor and stop trying to pretend like they like the actual game, and just admit that they're in it for endless shots of her ass. Honesty goes a long way.

I'm ready for Bayonetta 2 to come out and bomb so people will forget about it and move on with life as we know it. There are real video games coming out soon, like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
bender-futurama-laughing-oh-wait-youre-serious-laugh-harder-13665020235.gif

Anyways, I am excited for the winter sales. I am avoiding many AAA games because I know they are going to be 20 bucks starting this winter.

Ozium

Bayonetta fans should just do the world a favor and stop trying to pretend like they like the actual game, and just admit that they're in it for endless shots of her ass. Honesty goes a long way.

I'm buying the game because I loved The Wonderful 101 and Metal Gear Rising. As far as my opinion is concerned, the gratuitous fanservice (the sexual kind, not the Nintendo reference kind) is a clear downside.

Tizoc

60 FPS <3
JointAmazingIndochinahogdeer

Shadow of Mordor combat so goooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Thanks to the gaffer that linked to the reddit page~

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I command my mage to heal a party member, she isn't being attacked neither moving and does the animation of casting the spell but nothing happens.

Maybe BioWare quietly patched the game so it's more in line with Inquisition and its lack of healers? :p

Benedict

very happy to have won Alien Isolation
3AQmK.gif

just left work early today in a "rage" because it was too much to cope and discussions running on pre-school levels...

But this makes things a bit better :)

Ozium

Wow. I haven't seen a game score as well as Bayonetta 2....and of course Polygon knocks it down cause they feel it's exploitative.

Arthur Gies..

what's funny (in a sad way) is that apparently he used to publicly refer to women as "vaginal companions."

smh

dani_dc

I'm buying the game because I loved The Wonderful 101 and Metal Gear Rising. As far as my opinion is concerned, the gratuitous fanservice (the sexual kind, not the Nintendo reference kind) is a clear downside.
You didn't play Metal Gear Rising for the ass shots?
tumblr_n8kzloFjpI1rftvj7o3_1280.jpg

That's what I play all my Platinum games for.

I watched a video where he played Bayonetta. He couldn't advance for like 7 minutes and it was so super obvious where to go next. Found it:
http://youtu.be/nSvljW_B6Y8?t=19s

it's possible he does it on purpose but it's way funnier to assume he's just that clueless

whenever I click into a DSP video I watch the whole thing, I'm not sure why, but they're so fascinating

i actually watched the whole "this is how you don't play mgs3" video
greatest shame of my life

Grief.exe

Recently or ever?

Sorry, I meant recently.

I don't see that as an unreasonable opinion, but that's a topic for another thread.

I haven't played Bayonetta, so I can't make a good argument. Reading the review thread I've found several interesting points though.

I will say this, he isn't criticizing the actual gameplay, instead turning the review into his own personal soapbox for a glorified opinion piece. Just deplorable, but par for the course as far as Polygon goes.

PaulLFC

I realise this is a long shot, but does anyone have Showtime! from the recent Humble Bundle that they don't want / need and would trade?

I saw the email, made a note to buy the bundle and then forgot. Humble change bundles that regularly these days it's difficult to keep up with them all.

I don't have a lot to trade, but if anyone wants one of the following for it let me know:

Nuclear Dawn
Darwinia
Multiwinia
Defcon
Uplink
Gun Monkeys
90% off the Book of Unwritten Tales
90% off Deponia

DukeBobby

I would buy Bayonetta 2, but I just can't justify spending full price on a console game anymore.

Damn you PC gaming and your cheap prices.

I'll pick it up after Christmas.

Tizoc

I would buy Bayonetta 2, but I just can't justify spending full price on a console game anymore.

Buy it now! Support the dev! This game sold sub 50K in Japan, let them know there's interest in it outside Japan!
Fuck justification, get it for the gameplay, get it to show good games DESERVE sales!

Ozium

So you're not buying The Evil Within at full price?

edit: I see you said "on a console game." So.. why would you pay full price for a PC game but not a console game? Considering the frequency of Steam sales are higher than console game sales/price drops

Do you own the original Bayonetta? Because Bayo 2 includes it for free, so you wouldn't be paying full price, technically!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom