• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played Bayonetta, so I can't make a good argument. Reading the review thread I've found several interesting points though.

I will say this, he isn't criticizing the actual gameplay, instead turning the review into his own personal soapbox for a glorified opinion piece. Just deplorable, but par for the course as far as Polygon goes.

I haven't played Bayonetta 1, either. And I too saw that post, really great post.

The way I see it, reviews should be looking at more than just gameplay. And since there is that whole controversey that shall not be named going on right now, the depiction of women in Bayonetta is a pretty relevant thing to discuss.

I'm not gonna bother reading that particular review, though, I'm not much a fan of Polygon.

DukeBobby

Buy it now! Support the dev! This game sold sub 50K in Japan, let them know there's interest in it outside Japan!
Fuck justification, get it for the gameplay, get it to show good games DESERVE sales!

I just looked on Amazon UK, and it's actually cheaper than I thought it would be.

Hmm...

So you're not buying The Evil Within at full price?

edit: I see you said "on a console game." So.. why would you pay full price for a PC game than a console game? Considering the frequency of Steam sales are higher and more frequent than console game sales/price drops

I can get most PC games for £20 or less at release. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than a full price console game.

I did pay a little extra (£25) for The Evil Within, though.

Tizoc

There's no saving the Wii U brah

Fuck that mentality: You got the system? Get the games, fuck the future, indulge in this game NOW and you'll want to go back it again for months to come.
It's all about the game, what the game gives YOU. If it's worth $60, then that'll be your money well spent.
I just looked on Amazon UK, and it's actually cheaper than I thought it would be.

Hmm...

DO IT!

Grief.exe

Buy it now! Support the dev! This game sold sub 50K in Japan, let them know there's interest in it outside Japan!
Fuck justification, get it for the gameplay, get it to show good games DESERVE sales!

I'm actually contemplating just getting a copy even though I don't own a WiiU.

So you're not buying The Evil Within at full price?

edit: I see you said "on a console game." So.. why would you pay full price for a PC game than a console game? Considering the frequency of Steam sales are higher and more frequent than console game sales/price drops

He likely purchased it on GMG for 25% off.

I haven't played Bayonetta 1, either. And I too saw that post, really great post.

The way I see it, reviews should be looking at more than just gameplay. And since there is that whole controversey that shall not be named going on right now, the depiction of women in Bayonetta is a pretty relevant thing to discuss.

I'm not gonna bother reading that particular review, though, I'm not much a fan of Polygon.

I can see what you're saying and I can agree with that. I don't want to give Polygon clicks either.

LOL WUT?

Except the fog here and there and the people textures a little more crispy... it seems basically the same, at times even worse than the original version.

Yep.

Fuck that mentality: You got the system? Get the games, fuck the future, indulge in this game NOW and you'll want to go back it again for months to come.
It's all about the game, what the game gives YOU. If it's worth $60, then that'll be your money well spent.

I would actually rank the libraries of the current gen systems as

WiiU>>XBO>PS4

Which is ironic as the sales numbers are literally opposite of that.

rtcn63

But for most people, its $60 + cost of console + Pro controller + salty tears. And I've never played a Nintendo game where I wanted to replay in short time. A year or two, sure. Including the original Bayonetta on 360, which I loved.

aku:jiki

I'm buying the game because I loved The Wonderful 101 and Metal Gear Rising. As far as my opinion is concerned, the gratuitous fanservice (the sexual kind, not the Nintendo reference kind) is a clear downside.
Hah, you might want to read up on what the game flow is like. Your clear downside is going to be about 90% of the time you spend with it. It's just cutscenes focusing on her ass all day long.

Shadow of Mordor combat so goooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
lol

lol

fantomena

Here I thought TEW is releasing on Wednesday all the time, but it is releasing tommorrow.

Will work hard as fuck to report back and make a video. Stay tuned!

Tizoc

But for most people, its $60 + cost of console + Pro controller + salty tears. And I've never played a Nintendo game where I wanted to replay in short time. A year or two, sure. Including the original Bayonetta on 360, which I loved.

In my case, I'd drop cash for a Wii U but lately I've been playing mainly on my Laptop.
There are so many games I want on the Wii U, but am not in the zone to get one :(

...but honestly if you've got the system, get the game if it interests you.

Dr Dogg

I usually enjoy reading bad reviews a lot more than gushy ones. Then again I enjoy playing bad games over critical darlings. Actually to combine the two I find it a lot more eye opening to play a game I'm interested in, form my own opinion on it and then go read the professional reviews. I find I get a much better handle on where certain critics are coming from then.

LOL WUT?

Except the fog here and there and the people textures a little more crispy... it seems basically the same, at times even worse than the original version.

Mmmmmmm, cripsy textures *Homer drooling noises*

Arthea

So umm...what's with aku:jiki and The Dear Leader hate posting Bayonetta 2?
Anyone know?
Jelly-Buah-Campur.jpg

dani_dc

Parsnip

I didn't know Bayo2 was on Steam, I guess I missed the news. :3

I kind of dislike the character design of bayo, still haven't played the game though. I own it so maybe some day.

Some stuff from bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Parsnip, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gray Matter -- MB-F1497EC72DB93C0A - Taken by dani_dc
Crystals of Time -- MB-AD61313A62744418 - Taken by wagamer
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-90BEA0AEEE665495 - Taken by Gianni Merryman
The 39 Steps -- MB-41E18B6B87898E9C - Taken by Boss Doggie
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-7BBCE0C4376C9104 - Taken by Kiru
AquaNox 2: Revelation -- MB-65CAE12EF129CB8D - Taken by Saty
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-C7236E27191CFC86 - Taken by iosefe
Blackwell Convergence -- MB-857E52536E7F12A7 - Taken by GaussTek
SpaceChem -- MB-E6F84466B2B22343 - Taken by RyanPierre
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-D4FBDB44289534EF - Taken by hepburn3d
Blackwell Legacy -- MB-CF00F8348300960B - Taken by Saty
AquaNox -- MB-B291FECBD67DE325 - Taken by Saty
Red Faction: Armageddon -- MB-DEA5341E408131BE - Taken by MillionStabs
Blackwell Unbound -- MB-85ED1379E65DA8B7 - Taken by The Reloader
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-9C78709716725730 - Taken by RyanPierre
The Cat Lady -- MB-023DFF8A1E0C7B24 - Taken by Purkake4

I've survived playing through Bayonetta on the PS3, sure can survive playing Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U. Didn't like Vanquish though.

Wii U is in the backburner for me. I'll probably join when X comes out. Buying a gaming rig / laptop to play my steam library is what I'm currently focusing my budget today.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
greenlight is on fire
there were 1181 of greenlit games on friday, it's 1189 today and again I can't see what was greenlit. whatta mess

ib20VaMoFxemNa.gif

Valve should just drop mad cash and buy Nintendo. Then we can finally talk about when the next Zelda game is coming to Steam.

*wishful thinking*

Please be excited for Paper Half Life, a newly announced upcoming Wii U exclusive developed by Valve to test the console market.

Knurek

Wrapped up game #93 of they year:
night0bql3.png

My first Daedalic game, and I must say I enjoyed the game immensely. I dreaded all the issues RPS writeups mentioned, and yes, puzzle logic is at fault in some cases (just keep a guide handy if you don't want to be annoyed), and yes, a few of the lines don't make much of a sense (I'm guessing German jokes/idioms don't always translate well between the languages).

Nevertheless, the game looks simply amazing, has a really touching story that brought original The Neverending Story book to mind and gives the impression of being a labor of pure love. Really lovely voice over, 8 ~30 minutes long short stories narrated by some English chap, bonus card game. As the game's designer summarized: "it's part Wind of the Willows, part Hayao Miyazaki, part Neil Gaiman and part Monkey Island."

I even cared enough to try and do most of game's achievements (including the stupid 'click on a single item 1000 times' one). Highly recommended if you're even slightly into pnc adventure games.

Game is still available in the Immortal Bundle for 3.6€. Alternatively, it's been a weekly, so should be 2.50€ on Steam for few more hours.

The_Monk

Wrapped up game #93 of they year:
night0bql3.png

Always nice to see someone who had a nice time with the game. For me it was the art style that won me over, simply charming. Hope more people can enjoy the game.

Happy Monday to everyone by the way! Hope y'all can have a good week. I've been playing some FF XIII when I can, still trying to have a solid 1080p 60 FPS but I always get inconsistent frame rate. Will keep trying, hoping for a fix to give me a smoth frame-rate. Durante's work have been great for the community.

I also need more time to sink in Wasteland 2. The game is great but it's one of those games to sit back and enjoy without the stress of life. Hope to find more time for it soon.

I would like to purchase Bayonetta 2 and a Wii U - besides the Bayonetta bundle there are also MH3G, Pikmin 3, W101 and other games I'm very interested in -, too bad I'm a little skint at the moment.

yes, puzzle logic is at fault in some cases (just keep a guide handy if you don't want to be annoyed), and yes, a few of the lines don't make much of a sense (I'm guessing German jokes/idioms don't always translate well between the languages).

Oh, this part of your post is putting me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom