• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
In my city woman still wear rings. Even the gamer ones.

I don't like most girls nowadays, too materialistic and bitchy. This generation man, I'm telling you. I just wanna find a nice down to earth girl, caring and have things in common with.
Though a GPU would be cheaper than a ring. Those suckers are expensive.

So what is the absolute best Visual Novel ever? Like the KOTOR of VS. I wanna try one.

Arthea

posting one more time for new arrivals, we are going to play couple of sweet and short games here, in case you want to join
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895103

A novel. Actually I already published one by using Amazon KDP, but sadly without marketing cover you can't go far away.
Now I wrote another novel for a national contest by the biggest italian television, there will be three winners, they will publish your book and there's also an option to realize a tv series based upon it or a movie.
I really hope for the best.

good luck! Your books are in Italian then?

edited: you totally should make some good VN if you are into writing, you know with lots of choices, twists, surprises and mindblowing revelations.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I don't like most girls nowadays, too materialistic and bitchy. This generation man, I'm telling you. I just wanna find a nice down to earth girl, caring and have things in common with.
Though a GPU would be cheaper than a ring. Those suckers are expensive.

So what is the absolute best Visual Novel ever? Like the KOTOR of VS. I wanna try one.

For me it'd be Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick or Phoenix Wright, but they're all on the Nintendo DS, ha. I don't really go for the japanese schoolgirl type VN stuff, that doesn't really appeal to me.

Arthea

subbed, but a walking simulator and hidden object game aren't doing it for me. Might participate in the next week of games. Nice idea though, a Steam book club of sorts.

Well, so far we struggled to finish games, so I picked short ones to get us in the right frame of mind, give it a shot, you won't lose that much time, also cats!

Chariot

people can wear gpu if shadownet is talking about the VR world..!
Oh yeah, forgot about the engagement Oculus Rifts. :D

I don't like most girls nowadays, too materialistic and bitchy. I just wanna find a nice down to earth girl. Though a GPU would be cheaper than a ring. Those suckers are expensive.
I don't think that this is a modern thing. There were always materialistic and bitchy girls, and down to earth ones as well. Same for guys, too, actually.

It's up to your tastes, really. It's like asking what is the best PC game, you won't get a definite answer.

If you want to have a game with branches, where you can conquer the girl of your dreams, take Katawa Shoujo. It's free, completely in english and wonderful. Japanese of this kind are Clannad and Shuffle!
Horror/Gore: Saya no Uta, Higurashi
Mystery: Ever 17, 999, Danganronpa, Umineko
Story without choices: Narcissu (free on steam)

Some may recommend you Fate/Stay Night. I would not, it was utterly bored with it.

ArjanN

I don't think I can bring myself to buy a WiiU, sorry Steam-GAF. I'm having too much fun on my laptop. I kind of miss console gaming, but as much as I enjoyed the Wii games I played I don't think I can go for the WiiU. I'll probably get a PS4 eventually, but it'll take a while for the exclusives to build up in order to justify it. Doesn't help that I have very little space in my budget for big purchases these days.

Don't worry about it, if the mods were all really such big Bayonetta fans they'd buy us all Wii U's. ;)

Arthea

It's up to your tastes, really. It's like asking what is the best PC game, you won't get a definite answer.

If you want to have a game with branches, where you can conquer the girl of your dreams, take Katawa Shoujo. It's free, completely in english and wonderful. Japanese of this kind are Clannad and Shuffle!

Some may recommend you Fate/Stay Night. I would not, it was utterly bored with it.
I'm about to strangle you! you did that again! (><)
Steins Gate? don't tell me you forgot it!

It's really down to tastes, for example Fate/Stay Night ain't boring.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Balloons everywhere on steam, turns out my steam account is 11 years old today!

Hooray!

Shadownet

Banned
For me it'd be Hotel Dusk, Ghost Trick or Phoenix Wright, but they're all on the Nintendo DS, ha. I don't really go for the japanese schoolgirl type VN stuff, that doesn't really appeal to me.
I honestly never though Ghost Trick and Phoenix Wright were visual novel, I always thought they were puzzle mystery games. I've played them before but I'll check out Hotel Dusk.

I don't think that this is a modern thing. There were always materialistic and bitchy girls, and down to earth ones as well. Same for guys, too, actually.

I just feel like with this generation. The whole materialistic thing has gone even more out of control and noticable.

Well I guess I like my visual novel to have some sort of mystery, comedy or adventure element in them. I don't think I would be able to play like a romance visual novel.

Oh fun fact. When I was 12 I went to GameStop and bought Harvest Moon for the GameCube. What I didn't know until after 2 hours into the game was that I accidentally bought the girl version. Lol but I returned it and got the boy version. I still thought it was funny how I was so confused at the time to why I could only play as a girl and all these boys in the town was so thirsty.
they wanted me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Balloons everywhere on steam, turns out my steam account is 11 years old today!

Hooray!

Happy Steam birthday! Have some cake:

OAGESIo.png

I honestly never though Ghost Trick and Phoenix Wright were visual novel, I always thought they were puzzle mystery games. I've played them before but I'll check out Hotel Dusk.

Yeah I feel the same way but I've heard people refer to them as visual novels so I thought I'd mention it. Hotel Dusk is a sort of mystery detective story but with puzzle elements, and it's really good. If you can play that then definitely do so, because it's great. I'm not sure I can help with full on visual novels though!

Arthea

Phoenix Wright is a VN, while Ghost Trick isn't. I don't think I ever seen referred to it as a VN anywhere. It's a puzzle game.

Also that cake doesn't look edible
I see I'm already beaten to "lie" joke

Courtesy of AdanVC

http://giant.gfycat.com/SickChubbyBilby.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

amazing (><)

Valve should just drop mad cash and buy Nintendo. Then we can finally talk about when the next Zelda game is coming to Steam.

*wishful thinking*

That would be terrible. Not only would we not get the old titles (because they'd have to port them all), but any future titles would be turned into some multi-player service crap. I'm one of those people who enjoy beautifully crafted single-player experiences and that's not something Valve is interested in doing anymore.

nubbe

That would be terrible. Not only would we not get the old titles (because they'd have to port them all), but any future titles would be turned into some multi-player service crap. I'm one of those people who enjoy beautifully crafted single-player experiences and that's not something Valve is interested in doing anymore.

I want a Nintendo MOBA

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I also want to say that while I didn't expect to find many Steam-related cakes doing an image search, it's pretty weird that both cakes look utterly unappealing in terms of colour choice. No idea why that first one is purple rather than black, and the logos on the second are weirdly faded. If I was Matthew I'd be so disappointed.

I want a Nintendo MOBA

Super Smash Bro-BA.

I'm ready for Bayonetta 2 to come out and bomb so people will forget about it and move on with life as we know it. There are real video games coming out soon, like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

So people care about GameSpot's reviews/scores now? How convenient :p

How has it not ever been like this? A gaming blog or magazine gives my favorite hyped game a low score? THEY'RE THE WORST (Uncharted 3). But a good score? OMG, BEST GAME EVER; TOLD Y'ALL!

Review scores only matter if they support our argument about the game. It's such hypocrisy.

I want a Nintendo MOBA

It's funny, because when I wrote the post, I immediately thought about turning A Link between Worlds into a MOBA.

didamangi

Oh man, seems like it's time to say goodbye to my trusty GTX 570. Not going to cut it for upcoming games with this kind of VRAM usage. (Dead Rising 3, 1080p, stuttering mess)

Was looking forward to play The Evil Within as well, hopefully it'll be better since I can play Wolfenstein pretty smoothly.

Gonna have to fork for a 280X I guess some time in the future.

Maniac

Banned
If you don't have at least 3GB VRAM I'd lean towards the PS4 version. Judging from what Bethesda has said it won't be possible to reduce the game's texture cache size a la Rage and Wolf14, meaning the only graphics options on offer that will have a noticeable effect on VRAM usage are resolution and shadow quality.
Yeah, I'm personally going to sail under the jolly roger in order to do a benchmark. If that bitch runs well, I'm gonna get on Dmix90's ass. Or Nuveem or whatever it's called. Really hoping for good reviews and... Well, that my PC can run it fairly well.

Because I don't have one of these here videogame player boxes. I only have my TurboTax™ pooter

Chariot

I'm about to strangle you! you did that again! (><)
Steins Gate? don't tell me you forgot it!

It's really down to tastes, for example Fate/Stay Night ain't boring.
I never played the Steins;Gate Visual Novel, who am I to recommend it?

Well I guess I like my visual novel to have some sort of mystery, comedy or adventure element in them. I don't think I would be able to play like a romance visual novel.
Get Ever 17, 999 and Saya no Uta

I'm ready for Bayonetta 2 to come out and bomb so people will forget about it and move on with life as we know it. There are real video games coming out soon, like Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

well its down to 90 now, so within a few hours the DMC reboot will be rated better on metacritic (89) and PC master race will have the superior beat em up

Arthea

In other news, The Ship got cards.

And in case nobody noticed statistics are gone from the game store pages (._.)

Wake me up when Steins;Gate gets on Steam and is $10

I'll be drinking Dr Pepper until then

It's preposterous we still don't have even official announcement that it's coming to steam. And $10? That'll never happen, OK may be not never, but very unlikely.

As it should be.

are you even joking?
not sure anymore (><)

Yeah, I've noticed this for some days, anyway thankfully they are still there on Enhanced Steam.

or not? At least I can't see and yes, I use Enchanted steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom