• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

Ok so the nvidia vsync causes the apparition of some artifacts on certain surfaces. I think I will try to play without any vsync. Mind you the artifacts are present without vsync but really less apparent.
I'm talking about a store canopy that becomes all fuzzy when vsync is on and remain normal without it. Well it becomes fuzzy if you play with the zoom button but at first glance all is normal.

And thinking about it, I had the same problem of fuzzy surfaces with AC3 vsynced.

Hello again friends, and welcome to Li Kao mystery tour !

~ The Strange Case of the Canopy from Hell ~

So like I said yesterday I took a screenshot of the thing that bothers me, can someone explain to me what exactly is happening here ?

Without Nvidia Vsync
ozUEq2N.jpg

With Nvidia Vsync

Worth noting is that the effect IS still present without Vsync but far less so. You have to look in the exact spot and play with the zoom in / zoom out button. I couldn't screenshot it because in fact the effect happen between the normal view and zoomed in view.

Well, I also noticed today that Nvidia Vsync lock my fps to 30 too, but strangely it doesn't feel like playing through molasses like the ingame vsync.

Knurek

Oh, this part of your post is putting me off.

If you've played adventure games other than, say LucasArts offering and Broken Sword, you should know by now that for full enjoyment of the genre you should always have a guide handy. Night of the Rabbit isn't terrible puzzle-wise by any means, but it has one or two points where I got stuck.
The mistranslations are also rare, there's like, three or so occasions where the game left me scratching my head, and one example of untranslated object description I ran into (and I was really thorough with the game).
And seriously, it looks absolutely stunning. I mean:
028__full.jpg

041__full.jpg

023__full.jpg

056__full.jpg

If you've played adventure games other than, say LucasArts offering and Broken Sword, you should know by now that for full enjoyment of the genre you should always have a guide handy. Night of the Rabbit isn't terrible puzzle-wise by any means, but it has one or two points where I got stuck.
The mistranslations are also rare, there's like, three or so occasions where the game left me scratching my head, and one example of untranslated object description I ran into (and I was really thorough with the game).

Ah, OK, this is more reassuring.

I know that puzzles in point and click games are often nonsensical, but I tend to enjoy more the games - e.g. The cat lady - that I'm able to play alone without the aid of a guide.

Recently I've been playing Apollo Jusitce and this is the same thing that I'm dislinking, it happened to me more than once to have to resort to a guide.

Too bad about the mistranslations, I'm aware that a lot of puns and idioms are impossible to translate though.

me0wish

The sad thing is, this thread is more active about Wii U than any other Wii U thread. Wish Nintendo and steam would have a collaboration and learn from each other.

Bayo 2 demo was epic, remember guys there is always wonderful 101 as you wait for Bayo 2.

derExperte

I couldn't deal with living a Hotline Miami-less life any longer so I replayed it on the Vita in one sitting. But fuck, now I want 2 even more. (Not on the Vita though, don't believe anyone who tells you it controls better than with kb/m.)

my favorite comment was "buy a PS4 and be set for 10 years"

I think a lot of people thought that the length of the last generations of consoles was some kind of aberrance . I think of the seven year cycle is the new normal. As long as the software sales are there, no one wants anything new.

This is a way better Bayo thread than the actual ones

Well, SteamGAF is BestGAF, after all!

I'm buying Bayonetta 2 day one to support good games on the Wii U, but I know I won't even beat the first one since I always come back to Steam since I feel an obligation to clear my backlog ;_; I haven't even started the W101 I got with MK8, FFS...

Sometimes I wish I could delete my Steam account or something and just play Nintendo games, I prefer them anyways. But then, a good indie bundle or a price mistake happens, and I'm hooked again :lol

wilflare

Well, SteamGAF is BestGAF, after all!

I'm buying Bayonetta 2 day one to support good games on the Wii U, but I know I won't even beat the first one since I always come back to Steam since I feel an obligation to clear my backlog ;_; I haven't even started the W101 I got with MK8, FFS...

Sometimes I wish I could delete my Steam account or something and just play Nintendo games, I prefer them anyways. But then, a good indie bundle or a price mistake happens, and I'm hooked again :lol

you forgot VitaGAF, it's a lovely place.

outside of VitaGAF and SteamGAF, it's a crazy world out there
NintyGAF is awesome too - just that there's no specific thread

Anyone have had issues with Steam, where games think that you're not signed into Steam? Some games give you a warning that you have to be signed into Steam in order for you to play and then closes itself. Other games starts fine except no overlay and you don't get achievements. And other games works without any issues at all.

In the games that doesn't work properly a restart of the client fixes the issues. But annoying nonetheless.

Benedict

Just started Alien Isolation but am a bit worried about graphic settings all being on ultra on default.
Is that as it should or adapted to my system?
I have not the strongest system...
460GTX 1gb, E7500 Dual-core@2.93ghz and 8gb RAM.
what settings should I have?

Jørdan

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Eschalon: Book I -- MB-20E39CFB1E18B7BE - Taken by D3RANG3D

2M3x5vs.jpg

I really want to play more Isolation. Problem is all my gaming is done at night and....well fuck that.

Just started Alien Isolation but am a bit worried about graphic settings all being on ultra on default.

How does it run? I think the engine is really hardware friendly.

Also consider, most of the game are 'smaller' areas and corridors.

Tizoc

With some games 60 FPS would still leave much to be desired.
With others they just look good enough for you to just overlook the simple models and appreciate it for what it is
RealisticRelievedBarb

Dr Dogg

It's actually not that demanding considering it's visuals. Personally I'd download MSI Afterburner if you haven't already, see what your GPU and CPU usage is like and then if you run into trouble tinker away until you get it setup sweet. Best way really is to find out yourself or from someone with a similar spec as I get some crazy good performance but on newer hardware. If you run into a issue with performance lower one setting at a time and gauge their performance cost until you find a balance of performance over visuals you're happy with. It's a great way to learn what is a costly effect in certain games and which ones test your system. Hey who knows you might get away with what you have already.

Still pretty sure all these threads are just not-so-stealth PC bashing threads. 2hard4me

Or they tried to use Windows Performance Index and didn't know why it was telling them a pack of lies. Now they are angry and after blood!

Holy moly, Totalbiscuit is by far the biggest...

I got to here and I was already finishing the sentence in my own words.

Haunted

Holy moly, Totalbiscuit is by far the biggest curator on Steam. Almost 300k followers already.

Youtube folks are the new generation of influencers, indeed.

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but he PAYDAY group has already surpassed the 1.500.000 followers mark, so everyone will be getting the secret stuff teased on the Crimefest page.

EDIT:

tell me honestly, please, how many of you even check reqs these days?
I surely don't (><)

Me neither. I can run on max settings almost every game without any trouble, and when I don't chances are there's a GAF thread discussing those insane requirements, a la Shadow of Mordor :p But I'm a pleb that never goes beyond 1080p60fps, so...

MUnited83

For you.
I couldn't deal with living a Hotline Miami-less life any longer so I replayed it on the Vita in one sitting. But fuck, now I want 2 even more. (Not on the Vita though, don't believe anyone who tells you it controls better than with kb/m.)

Why wouldn't they believe the truth? :p. Personal opinion of course, but I thought the Vita controls were the best ones. I played the PC version first, then the PS3 and the Vita one and I vastly prefer it on the Vita.

I surely don't (><)

I usually do, but it's not something I pay much attention to. Probably 95 out of 100 times I match or beat the recommended settings.

Why wouldn't they believe the truth? :p. Personal opinion of course, but I thought the Vita controls were the best ones. I played the PC version first, then the PS3 and the Vita one and I vastly prefer it on the Vita.

Vita absolutely was the best version, it controlled the best and the tap to lock feature was way more useful than on the other versions.

Dr Dogg

I surely don't (><)

I do but it's because I'm looking for things like 64bit only titles and extraneous DRM that is sometimes hidden in there. If there's a modern game out that won't run on the 7 year old laptop I've got stashed behind the TV I'll be surprised. Granted it might chug along on it's ancient CPU but it will run. I got Battlefield 4 running at about 60fpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom