• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Vita absolutely was the best version, it controlled the best and the tap to lock feature was way more useful than on the other versions.

That's because lock-on wasn't necessary when using the more precise and snappier kb/m combo. And I felt it ruined my 'flow' when I tapped on the screen. Also holding a Vita for hours isn't the most comfortable thing.

Why wouldn't they believe the truth? :p. Personal opinion of course, but I thought the Vita controls were the best ones. I played the PC version first, then the PS3 and the Vita one and I vastly prefer it on the Vita.

Probably because you were still feeling the pain caused by using the DS3. Compared to that the Vita is infinitely superior.

jblank83

But for most people, its $60 + cost of console + Pro controller + salty tears. And I've never played a Nintendo game where I wanted to replay in short time. A year or two, sure. Including the original Bayonetta on 360, which I loved.

You (really) don't need the pro controller and there are a lot more great games on the system. There are more games worth playing on Wii U than there are on PS4 or Xbox 1 right now.

Ignore the message board haters and use the GamePad for awhile. It's as comfortable as any regular controller. Then buy/rent...

Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Nintendo Land
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
NSMB U and NSL U
Pikmin 3
Zombi U
and Wind Waker HD if you've never played that game.

Some good games on the eShop as well.

My point exactly! Unless it's something hyped like hell for reqs too and new, I meet reqs all the time, why bother even checking?

I could see people that have low end to mid range PC's that want to see if they can slip by, I'm in the upper mid range of PC parts and I've never not been able to run a game regardless of how crazy the specs are, but most people that don't PC game think that it's some cryptic thing you have to study in order for your games to work.

Momentary

Banned
Three Games I want outside of PC. Those are Blood Bourne, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Bayo 2. Unfortunately, I'm not going to drop close to a $1000 to play 3 games.

tell me honestly, please, how many of you even check reqs these days?
I surely don't (><)

I check them but I don't pay one bit of attention to them. Some games get a fairly high profile conversation on forums (Mordor & TEW) so this will alert me to potential problems.

I have a decent spec PC that runs games at high to ultra without too many problems so I don't see the point in concerning myself with specs. By the time it is an issue I would have upgraded the GPU.

def sim

That's because lock-on wasn't necessary when using the more precise and snappier kb/m combo.

This is exactly why I prefer it. It's a more fluid game when lock on isn't required.

Vita controls are the best with lock on in mind and I enjoyed playing it there as well, though!

That's because lock-on wasn't necessary when using the more precise and snappier kb/m combo. And I felt it ruined my 'flow' when I tapped on the screen. Also holding a Vita for hours isn't the most comfortable thing.

I found it way snappier that way, the nubs worked really good and it just felt better to me. The only game on Vita were I can say that.

kurahador

Three Games I want outside of PC. Those are Blood Bourne, Guilty Gear Xrd, and Bayo 2. Unfortunately I'm not going to drop close to a $1000 to play 3 games.

Or you could play one at a time, sell it back once you're done and maybe end up spending $30-50 max.

Nyx

So, I've been out of the PC loop for almost a year, long story..

Since last weekend it's up and running again and ofcourse my Steam client has been installed as well.

Did I miss any great (turnbased) strategy games in these past 9 months? Indies f.e.? Early access?

Noticed Sorcerer King f.e. from Stardock, is that worth it already?

Dr Dogg

Can you use MSI Afterburner on all graphic cards?
I have a ASUS or Gigabyte card.

Yeah it will work on anything, regardless of brand, regardless of GPU Vendor. It either reads sensors on your hardware, reports by the OS or intercepts activity at the driver level to report its statistics. It's a good monitoring tool as well as an GPU overclocking utility and allows you to limit framerates more smoothly than in drivers and has good screenshot and video recording capabilities.

Zeknurn

Since last weekend it's up and running again and ofcourse my Steam client has been installed as well.

Did I miss any great (turnbased) strategy games in these past 9 months? Indies f.e.? Early access?

Age of Wonders 3 is the first game that comes to mind.

if only Totalbiscuit is big enough to influence capcom to release god hand on steam

you never now, capcpom does some weird things sometimes
for example here in france to promote dragon's dogma they hired joueur du grenier which is our jontron/avgn, if you understand french it's also worth a watch since it's kinda funny :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53LlN5_wLKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQIAl4DHUFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lWp5KFmsK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXROw3sxUB4

MUnited83

For you.
I actually only used the lock-on on the Vita once, at the Uzi boss guy.

Probably because you were still feeling the pain caused by using the DS3. Compared to that the Vita is infinitely superior.
Yeah, with the DS3 was pretty bad. I since replayed the PC version though and still hold the opinion that the Vita where it's controlled best. Personal preference of course.

ViviOggi

Age of Wonders 3 and Warlock 2 are supposedly decent and Civ: Beyond Earth is coming this month.

Tecl0n

Age of Wonders III? Although that was early in the year.

Anteater

you never now, capcpom does some weird things sometimes
for example here in france to promote dragon's dogma they hired joueur du grenier which is our jontron/avgn, if you understand french it's also worth a watch since it's kinda funny :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53LlN5_wLKE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQIAl4DHUFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lWp5KFmsK4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXROw3sxUB4

that's... interesting, I think they also promoted dragon's dogma in Japan with some comedians or something. They didn't do anything in NA other than hosting a tumblr and a twitter account though, lol

Mono

The Banner Saga is a really cool indie turn-based RPG! The art style is absolutely gorgeous, and the sountrack was made my the guy who composed the music for Journey. The Banner Saga is basically Oregon Trail meets Advance Wars with vikings.

Tizoc

Brah, get a Wii U. You know you want to :)

I NEED DAT 3D WORLD IN MY LIFE DAMNIT!
CGD2-77867-220x.jpg

LOOK AT THAT THING!
LOOK AT IT! T.T

Age of Wonders III
Endless Legend
Xenonauts
OpenXcom
Rome 2 : Total War is in much better shape.
Blackguards
Banner Saga
Eador: MotBW (much better than the reviews make it out to be IMO)
The Last Federation

Mods:
Europa Babaroum for M2 TW
XCOM:EW Long War

Dr Dogg

I'm sad that Captain Toad got delayed. Hope it's to clear some space for other titles and some final polish as I loved those segments in SM3DW.

Like many other review threads, that Evil Within thread is truly awful

Oh dear, what's happened? Reviews aren't even out yet?

rtcn63

My niece promised to buy me a Yoshi plush years back for the holidays, but she spent the money on make up or nose candy or something. Disowned her.

Grief.exe

One that hasn't been mentioned, probably due to the forced Uplay integration, is Might and Magic X. I always see Durante rave about it.

So I deactivate Nvidia Geforce Experience and use MSI Afterburner instead?

Unless you want Shadowplay.

Dr Dogg

So I deactivate Nvidia Geforce Experience and use MSI Afterburner instead?

I run both and they never conflict with each other. Though GeForce Experience bugs out on me every now and then but it would do it on its own. But hey the good thing about PCs is we get lots of toys to play with.

I sure hope there isn't outrage over 1 review. Although I do find it funny how a site can get a copy before general release and a publisher enforced embargo and get something out.

Like many other review threads, that Evil Within thread is truly awful

let me extend that claim to OTs before release and a couple of months after release
do like me, 100% media blackout
the game is released and you get to enjoy it (or not)

i mean i went into Chrono Trigger or RE4 or even MGS2 wihout any sort of expectation and they became my favourite games of all time, i don't understand the need people have to know everything about a game or the need to have everyone enjoy it like you are before the game is even out
there's the concern that you don't know if you'll like a game before you've seen a lot but personally i only need at most a couple of minutes of gameplay and at least a screenshot to know if i'll like a game or not but then again maybe i'm just weird

wetflame

Pizza Dog
let me extend that claim to OTs before release and a couple of months after release
do like me, 100% media blackout
the game is released and you get to enjoy it (or not)

i mean i went into Chrono Trigger or RE4 or even MGS2 wihout any sort of expectation and they became my favourite games of all time, i don't understand the need people have to know everything about a game or the need to have everyone enjoy it like you are before the game is even out
there's the concern that you don't know if you'll like a game before you've seen a lot but personally i only need at most a couple of minutes of gameplay and at least a screenshot to know if i'll like a game or not but then again maybe i'm just weird

Well, some people might want to find out more about a game before making a purchase, but there's probably a middle ground between knowing nothing and going on a massive media binge. Some people can't afford to buy games they won't enjoy, and some people get excited and want to find more stuff out. It's nice that you were able to play those games without spoiling anything for yourself, but imagine if you'd gone full media blackout on something like Alien: Colonial Marines and then realised how terrible it was when you started playing.

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. I love to be surprised by games, so I only tend to watch reveal trailers/Nintendo Directs/read Game Informer details. Overhyping yourself is just begging to be disappointed, lowered expectations FTW!

Here's a key for Ballpoint Universe.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-75E8323E23B64D3B - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1413214260z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom