• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBladeM6x

I thought it was just a mess up in my setup when I saw massive pop-in textures / assets, sub-HD shadows on Dead Rising 3, and it turns out it's just the game. This game's IQ is straight ugly. Fun though. Lol

Dr Dogg

Likely they have friends at somewhere that already received stock?
Those bound by embargo must love this.

Well looking in the OT lots of folks (not on GAF per say) have got early copies and have been streaming on Twitch and the like. Most stuff I order physical copies of get delivered a couple of days before release so it just makes a mockery of release day embargoes on reviews.

Not that I'm gagging for reviews before a product is released, I'd much prefer the reviewer to take their time and really go into detail about the game on a cultural and technical level. Sadly that isn't going to happen anytime soon but I'd rather hear the impressions of Dusk Golem, Robert J. Sullivan, -MD-, JPC Slasher and the like who have been following the game closely and some of which have played earlier builds. Offset that with some more critical folks like Stallion and Stump and I feel I can get a good enough take on the game from folks I have a better idea about their tastes.

Speedrunners is finally getting the PewDiePie character DLC that we always wanted

AKkik6c.png

http://steamcommunity.com/games/207140/announcements/detail/144438478250657581

Next week we are introducing 2 DLC character packs into SpeedRunners. These packs contain 4 celebrity characters each. One pack is assigned to #TeamFalcon, the other - to #TeamSpeedRunner.

Participants:
PewDiePie
Markiplier
JesseCox
CinnamonToastKen
Strippin
Dodger
PeanutButterGamer
UberHaxorNova

Knurek

One that hasn't been mentioned, probably due to the forced Uplay integration, is Might and Magic X. I always see Durante rave about it.

Uhh, Might & Magic X is a role playing game.
Nothing like the Heroes of Might & Magic, I assure you. Just shared setting.

Grief.exe

Uhh, Might & Magic X is a role playing game.
Nothing like the Heroes of Might & Magic, I assure you. Just shared setting.

Yes, but it's also turn-based correct? I honestly don't know too much about the game.

He Just said turn-based strategy which encompass a wide variety of genres.

I want this.

But need to wait for that MSRP to drop. No time, man.

The studio is already closed down as well, so we aren't really supporting anything either.

Copons

Turns out my site's editors found out that there is a way to enable Oculus Rift support in Alien: Isolation and, knowing pretty well that I'm likely the chicken-est guy on earth, they're considering to chip in and buy me a Rift and a copy of the game, then to tie me up to a chair and eventually to force me to play Alien and to stream both the game and a cam pointed at me.

So, in case they get drunk enough to actually pull off this plan, just know that I deeply loved all of you.

No one took this? C'mon :p

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ballpoint Universe -- MB-75E8323E23B64D3B - Taken by Rand6. 1 entrants total.

t1413214260z1.png

Yes, but it's also turn-based correct? I honestly don't know too much about it.

He Just said turn-based strategy which encompass a great deal of genres.

Yeah, unlike Legend of Grimrock, Might & Magic X has turn based combat, it's on my backlog, someday...

I guess he already played XCOM EU, but it's one of the best turn based games in the last few years, he should play it if he hasn't.

Damn PC games are getting pricey. Just bought borderlands it is 59.99 american which is about 67 Canadian! I had 28 in GMG credit but still...thats a lot of cash for a pc game.

Turns out my site's editors found out that there is a way to enable Oculus Rift support in Alien: Isolation and, knowing pretty well that I'm likely the chicken-est guy on earth, they're considering to chip in and buy me a Rift and a copy of the game, then to tie me up to a chair and eventually to force me to play Alien and to stream both the game and a cam pointed at me.

So, in case they get drunk enough to actually pull off this plan, just know that I deeply loved all of you.
When you are starting the stream, please post the link. Archiving it afterwards is nice.

Damn PC games are getting pricey. Just bought borderlands it is 59.99 american which is about 67 Canadian! I had 28 in GMG credit but still...thats a lot of cash for a pc game.

Mordor and Isolation are only 49.99 as opposed to Borderlands. It's the publishers decision on what to price it at. Guess 2K just thinks people will pay that much for Borderlands

Dr Dogg

t2D0Gl5.png

Though if they do ask them to set up a camera to record you!

Mordor and Isolation are only 49.99 as opposed to Borderlands. It's the publishers decision on what to price it at. Guess 2K just thinks people will pay that much for Borderlands

Yea I really enjoyed 1 and 2 so I paid the premium. If I didn`t have some gmg credit I would have waited 2 months for it at 25

MayMay

Banned

I really want to watch that lol

Anyone read up on that Raven's Cry game that is coming out tomorrow?

It's got a good OST.

Besides that, I know nothing.

It's time to rip up those old copons. (Good luck - you know you're doing it.)

Tecl0n

A free rift is a free rift, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom