• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I've exhausted what content there is in Destiny, except for the Vault of Glass, but I honestly can't really force myself through grinding the highest strike playlist any more to grind for gear, which I may or may not get, to push me up to level 25. Worst loot game launch this side of Jay Wilson-era Diablo 3.

The general consensus for most of the early reviews for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel I've read seem to be "it's just more Borderlands 2" which sounds good enough for me. I dumped roughly 280 hours into Borderlands 2 before the first expansion dropped, so what the hell, pre-ordered and pre-loading. Hopefully this will scratch that itch better than Destiny.

Hinomura

They used to be great, a few years back, but as the competition got tougher they never really managed to keep up.

They also kept trying to push their own DRM for too long, as everyone else moved to Steam keys, which didn't help matters.

Yep... a bit like GMG capsule... they should stick to Steam without getting complicated just for...

Edit: eek first post in the page :S I'm blushing

Edit2: time to go back to lethargy

Strider

Welp, I've exhausted what content there is in Destiny, except for the Vault of Glass, but I honestly can't really force myself through grinding the highest strike playlist any more to grind for gear, which I may or may not get, to push me up to level 25. Worst loot game launch this side of Jay Wilson-era Diablo 3.

The general consensus for most of the early reviews for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel I've read seem to be "it's just more Borderlands 2" which sounds good enough for me. I dumped roughly 280 hours into Borderlands 2 before the first expansion dropped, so what the hell, pre-ordered and pre-loading. Hopefully this will scratch that itch better than Destiny.

I just bought all the gear i needed in Destiny to get to level 26+. As far as loot drops go that game really dropped the ball. Can't rely on actual drops for anything in that game. I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately to scratch that itch.

Why is Murdered's desktop icon the main character's fedora? It's m'ladying my desktop up.

Like, who ever thought that was a good idea?

MC wears a fedora and gets killed at the start of the game.

Nothing good ever comes from wearing a fedora.

I just bought all the gear i needed in Destiny to get to level 26+. As far as loot drops go that game really dropped the ball. Can't rely on actual drops for anything in that game. I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately to scratch that itch.

Same here, I went straight to Diablo III from Destiny to get my loot fix. I think Diablo III is too generous with the loot though, to the point where it's lost all meaning. In my opinion, Borderlands 2 hit the right balance, so I'm excited for the Pre-Sequel, even if it ends up just being more Borderlands 2.

Dr Dogg

Own an actual 21:9 monitor and want to play The Evil Within? Well...
2048x864.resizedimage

i bet 16:10 and 4:3 (if there are any left of them) owners are going to have fun with this game.

i bet 16:10 and 4:3 (if there are any left of them) owners are going to have fun with this game.
On one hand I would have expected the game to work perfectly on 21:9 monitors, but on the other, since the game apparently puts UI and stuff outside the render area, I can see why it doesn't work.

Sucks though. :(

Zafir

Dr Dogg what image hosting are you using? I see nothing..not even a small square to show pic isn't loading.

It's just a steam community image link.

That's pretty blergh. Glad I don't have a 21:9 monitor.... Those bars at the sides would drive me crazy.

def sim

It seems like TEW PC is a probably the best version of the game out there. It's too bad about the aspect ratio and border nonsense, however.

Dr Dogg

Like me and Stall were saying it was probally going to end up window boxed on account for targeting 16:9 resolutions. Which is really odd as id Tech 5 doesn't behave that way out of the box.

On one hand I would have expected the game to work perfectly on 21:9 monitors, but on the other, since the game apparently puts UI and stuff outside the render area, I can see why it doesn't work.

Sucks though. :(

Um, yikes.

I'm sure with a bit of faffing and playing about with the aspect ratio scaling and if FOV is unlocked you could get it to play nice. Of course seeing as that's not my pic and I don't own it fat chance of me finding out.

Dr Dogg what image hosting are you using? I see nothing..not even a small square to show pic isn't loading.

Not my pic sorry but that was one I saw on the Steam Hub as I was curious as to how it would work with native 21:9 monitors.

How is Sub Zero playing The Evil Within right now? I thought it doesn't unlock for another couple of hours.

I have it and it says "Pre-Load" where "Play" should be but when I click it the game starts. Also it no longer says "Pre-Load Complete. Unreleased." beside the game in my list.

The problem I have in Destiny with buying the gear I need is it's a tremendous grind to get the reputation and the currency necessary AND on top of that they have time gates on how much currency I can acquire in a week. It will take me 5 weeks to be able to acquire the necessary currency due to the time gating to get a full suit upgrade from the vanguard merchant. 5 weeks. What in the actual fuck. It's enough of a grind just to acquire the reputation and currency, why limit how much I can make over a period of time? Since the loot is entirely dependent RNGsus smiling down upon you (Crucible and Strike Playlists as well as the Gambling merchant aka Cryptarch) and you can't farm for specific items off of bosses or elites you're left with all of these reputation and currency grinds that are gated by time. Vanguard, Future War Cult, The New Monarchy...all of that shit is gated and I'm honestly not really interested in Destiny's multiplayer so I'm pretty much just left with the Vanguard merchant and random drops from Strikes. All there is to do is run and re-run the same 8 or 9 strikes you've already played over and over and over. It would be finebetter if you were guaranteed certain drops off of certain bosses, so you could be certain of x amount of progress per run but that isn't how the game is designed.

Whatever, I'll stop hijacking the Steam thread with a non-PC game.

I started up a Seasonal Barb in D3 but since none of my friends are down to re-roll a new seasonal character and play through the campaign for the umpteenth time it's kind of grind pushing to get to Act V and beyond. I'm in the mood for a loot game but need something new. I'll see in 4 hours if Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is that new game. 88% done pre-loading.

Grief.exe

Its not unlocked in the US and Canada anymore, at least steamdb says that. Might've been an accidental worldwide release. Pretty much all of Europe and some other countries have access though atm.

ReleaseStateOverride – released
Changed ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – US

Released in the US currently.

MayMay

Banned
ReleaseStateOverride – released
Changed ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – US

Released in the US currently.

It says that in the history, but if you check the actual steamdb data on the Info tab the US is nowhere to be found for some reason..

Edit: And it looks like the button is still saying "Pre-Load" for people in the US. Seems like its just playable for the ppl that unpacked it while it was (accidentally?) unlocked.

MayMay

Banned
weird...mine lets me play though like I said the button still says "Pre-Load" instead of "Play"...I'm in South Carolina

That's because the game is decrypted. If you unpack the game, and the game locks again (happens quite often if you use VPNs to activate games) you can launch it by clicking Pre-Load even though that shouldnt happen

That's because the game is decrypted. If you unpack the game, and the game locks again (happens quite often if you use VPNs to activate games) you can launch them by clicking Pre-Load even though that shouldnt happen

I didn't use a VPN (or know how they work in the first place)...I opened Steam at 8 to check on some stuff and saw TEW was white instead of blue with the "Pre-Load Complete" stuff...figured I'd see what happened and it started

MayMay

Banned
I didn't use a VPN (or now how they work in the first place)...I opened Steam at 8 to check on some stuff and saw TEW was white instead of blue with the "Pre-Load Complete" stuff...figured I'd see what happened and it started

Well, yeah. The game was unlocked for everyone during a short period of time until Bethesda "un-released it" in some regions again. So if you unpacked the pre-load during the time it was released then you're good to go - and the game launches if you hit "pre-load".

The VPN thing was just an example, it doesnt really matter. Was just trying to say that you encounter this situation alot if you use VPNs to unlock stuff - even though in this case its not the VPN but Bethesdas mistake that caused it to decrypt/unpack early.

Parsnip

Grabbed Speedball 2 HD last week, and played it a little today.

It's okay. A little disappointing that they didn't take the opportunity to add a player switch button and the menus are horrible to use with a controller. Adding a few more controller shortcuts to gym and player transfers would have helped a lot.

Also, they changed the music. God damn it. This is the only Speedball 2 music I accept.

-MD-

Seems that those who decrypted it earlier got to play the game early. I guess you'll either have to use a VPN or wait.

I've been updating the game daily since preload went up so I don't think it's that, I even did it this morning and it's encrypted for me now.

Well, yeah. The game was unlocked for everyone during a short period of time until Bethesda "un-released it" in some regions again. So if you unpacked the pre-load during the time it was released then you're good to go - and the game launches if you hit "pre-load".

The VPN thing was just an example, it doesnt really matter. Was just trying to say that you encounter this situation alot if you use VPNs to unlock stuff - even though in this case its not the VPN but Bethesdas mistake that caused it to decrypt/unpack early.

ahh...ok...misread what you said at first then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess all the drama around TEW, much like the drama around Mordor, was unfounded? shocking

Maybe we should wait for games to actually come out before pulling out the pitchforks next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom