• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Bomb should have a Quick Look of The Evil Within (unknown platform) up in one hour and fifty-nine minutes, in case anyone was looking for footage.

I'm currently debating whether to stay up to watch it... decisions, decisions.

Oh and also: I beat Remember Me. That game is awesome and everyone should play it. Go buy Remember Me and play it now while you wait for the TEW unlock/QL.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Giant Bomb should have a Quick Look of The Evil Within (unknown platform) up in two hours and three minutes, in case anyone was looking for footage.

I'm currently debating whether to stay up for it... decisions, decisions.

Oh and also: I beat Remember Me. That game is awesome and everyone should play it. Go buy Remember Me and play it now while you wait for the TEW unlock/QL.

it the PS4 version (99% sure)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Holy shit at the post after yours by corrosivefrost on the TEW thread. The guy was on fire.

he's also not wrong :p

man there are some serious jaggies in Alien Iso at times. Really wish Durante's super tool worked with it.

yup, even downsampled. I dont usually even notice these things and I imediatly did, so I imagine people that are anal about graphics going nuts

Rhaknar

I wonder if ill get finally fucked with GFWL like everyone else when I inevitably have to install it on the new computer, Ive lucked out until now. Thinking if theres any GFWL game I havent played... RE6 maybe?

I also havent ran any Ubi game yet so I dont have Uplay yet. or Origin, but thats normal :p

Miguel81

yup, even downsampled. I dont usually even notice these things and I imediatly did, so I imagine people that are anal about graphics going nuts

The beautiful lighting and texture work makes up for the jaggies. It's just hard to get great shots lined up to reduce them.

I'm so thirsty for the evil within I may buy it and play it on my roommates xbox one....

I can't wait to rebuild my pos pc

Which CPU are you going with?

Nabs

I wonder if ill get finally fucked with GFWL like everyone else when I inevitably have to install it on the new computer, Ive lucked out until now. Thinking if theres any GFWL game I havent played... RE6 maybe?

I also havent ran any Ubi game yet so I dont have Uplay yet. or Origin, but thats normal :p

RE6 is Steamworks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Capcom's last GFWL was Operation Raccoon City. DMC and later all use Steamworks.

Rhaknar

RE6 is Steamworks

hmm... Lost Planet 3 then?

I know Dead Rising 2 was but I finished that, and Dark Souls 1, and Dawn of War 2 and the xpac.

Capcom's last GFWL was Operation Raccoon City. DMC and later all use Steamworks.

oh I have ORC and never played it, guess I can try with that. On te uplay front, thats easier, since I just downloaded Blacklist for example (and Future Soldier)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
hmm... Lost Planet 3 then?

I know Dead Rising 2 was but I finished that, and Dark Souls 1, and Dawn of War 2 and the xpac.

Lost Planet 3 was, inexplicably, a combination of GameSpy (MP) and Steamworks (everything else).

I need a steam bath.
image.php

Rhaknar

so you cant SLI in The Evil Within... does that happen a lot? Reading this shit when my second 970 is about to arrive is, well, a bummer :p

Turfster

Dam windows 8 is bad, they make you run as admin and its overprotective so sometimes shit like that can happen. Hopefully they address that for windows 10. tech preview seems better so far.

Not win 8's fault.
It's that fucking tumor GFWL, which doesn't even fucking run well on win 7

Grief.exe

so you cant SLI in The Evil Within... does that happen a lot? Reading this shit when my second 970 is about to arrive is, well, a bummer :p

Mostly an IdTech5 issue. Generally, you can force another game's SLI profile if they are on the same engine, I've even had success forcing random SLI profiles.

Rhaknar

Mostly an IdTech5 issue. Generally, you can force another game's SLI profile if they are on the same engine, I've even had success forcing random SLI profiles.

is that what happens with Mordor, with people using...err...Fear 2 profiles? Fear 3? something like that

Shadownet

Banned
Change it in your BIOS.
You probably want the PCI-e setting instead of whatever it's currently set at.
I can't even access my BIOS. When I start up the computer it boot straight into the login screen. Instead of the usual screen where you get the choice of booting into BIOS.

Rhaknar

F.E.A.R. 3 profile. You've got 2 970s for your rig? Man, Boa Festa!

dude...did, did you just google translate some expression to Portuguese? because "boa festa" doesnt mean anything lol, you literally said:

"Man, good party!" what? :)

Miguel81

dude...did, did you just google translate some expression to Portuguese? because "boa festa" doesnt mean anything lol, you literally said:

"Man, good party!" what? :)

Desculpa, eu sou Portugues mas vivi a maior parte da minha vida nos Estados Unidos. Nade the offensa.

Shadownet

Banned
Win8? Do a full shutdown first.
(Or mash that BIOS button really quickly after booting)

Nevermind I'm an idiot, I figured out what was wrong. I connected the monitor to the motherboard itself not the graphic card when I put my PC back together. I guess I was so tired I forgot. It's back to normal now.

I was wondering why I was playing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising at full settings and only getting 20fps.. -___-

I'm a blonde today.

Shade

While people do silly things like playing games, instead add some games to your library!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DIVO -- MB-32C0E1D147CF5F1E - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Foreign Legion Multi Massacre -- MB-3D8717708A1EDB20 - Taken by almostheathen. 1 entrants total.
Lightfish -- MB-EC44F5BB43BCDF62 - Taken by NoCryingUntilTheEnd. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Untold -- MB-89B3154D5688D344 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-BEAE4BD82A008556 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality #2 -- MB-1F29E1BC55AAB18C - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1 -- MB-FAD5950F33DCD843 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
beep -- MB-CBEE96D9DD02A8D8 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Garshasp Temple of the Dragon -- MB-E6ED84D611D587AF - Taken by Htown. 1 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-E8EDBA9C5C7BA93E - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-059F90B28A338F3B - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood -- MB-86DF8A058756D8B8 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution -- MB-E82E65A02EFEB475 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-8F895EE5623A0290 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.

t1413257042z1.png

Skyzard

Banned
Nevermind I'm an idiot, I figured out what was wrong. I connected the monitor to the motherboard itself not the graphic card when I put my PC back together. I guess I was so tired I forgot. It's back to normal now.

I was wondering why I was playing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising at full settings and only getting 20fps.. -___-

I'm a blonde today.

ZhuTKJv.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
he's also not wrong :p

He is completely wrong. Also kind of a shitty person to paint everyone who disagrees with him in such a light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom