• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work said I didn't need to come in tonight as I already have my 40 hours and they don't need me so on the one hand I get to play The Evil Within, on the other I like time and a half ;-;

Yay, new headphones arrive tomorrow. Still need to sort out the microphone situation though, but I can deal with that later.

Also, you know your lecture is going to be interesting when it starts off with a wee discussion of certain publicly visible tweets. Thankfully, the lecturer in question is a decent enough bloke that no testes were smashed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm wondering if someone here can help me out.

I'm developing a way to decline trade offers that are "stuck" (as in "Items Now Unavaialble For Trade").

Can someone who is on my friends list send me a trade offer? I don't care what it is, it could be a coupon or something useless - it'll get declined.

Also - is anyone familiar with exactly how this happens? It seems like you send a trade offer, and before the recipient responds you trade the item to someone else. If so, would anyone like to test this out for me by sending a trade offer then trading that item away before I respond?

You know, for science and stuff.

I'm developing a way to decline trade offers that are "stuck" (as in "Items Now Unavaialble For Trade").

Can someone who is on my friends list send me a trade offer? I don't care what it is, it could be a coupon or something useless - it'll get declined.

Also - is anyone familiar with exactly how this happens? It seems like you send a trade offer, and before the recipient responds you trade the item to someone else. If so, would anyone like to test this out for me by sending a trade offer then trading that item away before I respond?

I just tried and got told I couldn't trade with you. Aw well. You're bound to get a bunch of offers in a matter of minutes anyway.

Grief.exe

What do you guys think of this spine for my physical boxes? Totally preliminary here, including a lower resolution Steam logo. Completely open to suggestions here.

ivRztt1jiJFdi.jpg

Original design here for comparison http://z46.minus.com/mTlsRB5rUUcMG

Yeah, you get stuck notifications if someone sends you a trade offer and before you can respond to it they trade the item away to someone else.

Dr Dogg

btw have you took a screenshot of psicom enforcer, larger and cool looking one?

Not yet as I've only fought two and that's when I was actually playing the game! Just about to finish Chapter 4 so might not see any for a while but the Flans and Puddings should be up next so be interesting to see what they look like on PC with decent texture filtering.

Then again I'm half tempted just to watch the fireworks when The Evil Within unlocks in a tick.

Turfster

Holy shit I did it.
Man, the side mission Ozkan gives you in the second (not counting the intro) mission is insane on ghost+mercy, but once you've done it, it gives such a rush...
Pretty sure nothing is going to top Styx as my GOTY =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah, you get stuck notifications if someone sends you a trade offer and before you can respond to it they trade the item away to someone else.

Thanks for the clarification (and the trade offer). Is it possible that you can trade that coupon with someone else so that mine can get "stuck"?

Jørdan

What do you guys think of this spine for my physical boxes? Totally preliminary here, including a lower resolution Steam logo.

Nice, I would make the Steam logo on the spine smaller and have the white band there match up with the white band on the front - otherwise it's great, looks sweet.

Dr Dogg

Holy shit I did it.
Man, the side mission Ozkan gives you in the second (not counting the intro) mission is insane on ghost+mercy, but once you've done it, it gives such a rush...
Pretty sure nothing is going to top Styx as my GOTY =p

And to think Thief came out this year as well huh.

Grief.exe

What are you putting in them?

Dreams.

Jørdan;134199335 said:
Nice, I would make the Steam logo on the spine smaller and have the white band there match up with the white band on the front - otherwise it's great, looks sweet.

I'll take the size of the piston logo into consideration, I was thinking the same thing when I was putting it together.

For the band on the front, I know it looks silly from the side view, but just about every game box has had the band on the front vertically smaller than the one on the spine.

jshackles

Done and done.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I can get this working so that in the next version of Enhanced Steam there will be a button that will let you get rid of these without having to make a new offer / waiting / etc.

MattyG

Banned
What do you guys think of this spine for my physical boxes? Totally preliminary here, including a lower resolution Steam logo. Completely open to suggestions here.
Original design here for comparison http://z46.minus.com/mTlsRB5rUUcMG
I kind of like the version in that page you posted where it's just the Steam logo on the spine without "Steam" or the black band. But if you want the black band, I agree with whoever said it before me, I think it would look a tiny bit better if the band on the side matched up with the front. Probably make the logo on the spine a tiny bit smaller or move it up a tad. Other than that it looks great!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I can get this working so that in the next version of Enhanced Steam there will be a button that will let you get rid of these without having to make a new offer / waiting / etc.

Man that would be so awesome. I trade cards a lot, so I often get the stuck notifications. Drives me nuts.

iosefe

Styx got an update with better jumping ledge detection, amongst other things.
They also added extra bindable buttons and quicksave/quickload are now displayed in the options menu.

Well done, Cyanide studios, well done.
sounds like it's time to buy all their games

Grief.exe

I kind of like the version in that page you posted where it's just the Steam logo on the spine without "Steam" or the black band. But if you want the black band, I agree with whoever said it before me, I think it would look a tiny bit better if the band on the side matched up with the front. Probably make the logo on the spine a tiny bit smaller or move it up a tad. Other than that it looks great!

The problem wtih the current configuration is they don't look very good when lined up on a shelf. Source: My shelf.

It does look much better when just looking at the image by itself, but in reality it's not as good.

Kifimbo

First come...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-925BCBE3A720E920 - Taken by Patison

Deitus

While everyone is starting The Evil Within tonight, I'll be just starting with Alien. I'm so behind the times.
I know, it's only a week, but it still feels like I'm super late to the party.
I'm really excited though. And I'll have an excuse to try out my new headphones. I just hope it doesn't disappoint like Amnesia did.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
2014-10-14_00-33-55.jpg
2014-10-14_00-34-14.jpg

damn, it really IS dangerous outside of steamgaf O_O

Edit: uh oh :/

NeoGAF Administration said:
Your time at NeoGAF has been spent consistently apologizing for -- and disingenuously ignoring the actions of -- a movement of harassment and hate, while diverting as much attention as possible away from the issues at hand and toward yourself. You are not the victim here for being thought less of in your tacit support of disgusting and illegal behavior.

Individuals standing up for victims continue to receive thousands of hate messages and death threats, and a third member of the video game industry is forced out of her home and into hiding. People you claim are your friends are leaving social media behind in the wake of mass harassment by the movement you are championing. These are your people. This is your movement.

As you've also expressed a strong desire to leave NeoGAF but continue to participate, you'll now have some more free time to reflect on your decisions of the past several weeks.

Taken from TEW performance thread, looks like Tango & Beth are going to fix every quirk that may occur at 60fps (though from the way they said it there might be none).

-1: This sets the FPS limit to 60. Fully playable, although there may be quirks (we’re going to fix these).

I'm still waiting for dat amazon co uk key, hopefully in 20 minutes. It was worth it for the monies saved though.

Deitus

2014-10-14_00-33-55.jpg
2014-10-14_00-34-14.jpg

damn, it really IS dangerous outside of steamgaf O_O

Edit: uh oh :/

Boogie got banned? That's unfortunate.

The whole Gamergate situation is fucked, but I thought he distanced himself from them weeks ago, after overwhelming evidence that the movement wasn't worth defending or saving. That I saw, he was pretty good about admitting his mistakes in assocating with Gamergate, and was open to learning from his mistakes. But then I haven't followed that thread in the last few weeks, so I don't know if he reversed his course.

What a shame.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I just bought Bulletstorm, and I've been fiddling with Games for Windows Live for like 15 minutes. Fuck Games for Windows Live.

I just needed to vent.

drotahorror

Did anyone buy the new Humble Bundle?

When I try to redeem Critical Mass I get "Steam errored, please refresh page and try again"

Only on Critical Mass though. The other games were added to my library fine.

Grief.exe

I just bought Bulletstorm, and I've been fiddling with Games for Windows Live for like 15 minutes. Fuck Games for Windows Live.

I just needed to vent.

Yes, I had a great deal of frustration with that as well. Did you go through the normal fixes?

This helped me

"To fix the LIVE popup problem, just copy the following files to "Windows\System32".

xlive.dll, xlive.dll (Security Catalogue), xlivefnt.dll, xliveinstall.dll, xliveinstallhost.exe.

The files are in: "Windows\SysWOW64.

Hope this helps.

Arkham City runs in 32bit mode so won't find the the .dll's in SysWOW64 folder."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom