• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2014 - Proper PC gamers buy a Wii U and Bayonetta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

yes ... acrtag flag is being applied by default now ... so if the dev/publisher doesn't specifically disable it (or rather "enable") - the game is region-locked

I think this warrants a new thread title in remembrance of our fallen friend.

Lots of interesting stuff over at the GoG stream. They're planning on adding multiplayer support for classic titles to Galaxy and to stress test this they will be giving away a "new classic title" starting tomorrow.

Grief.exe

Ok, I'm really liking this new logo

ibnVKB6azBtoVw.jpg

Can anyone help me get the Tomb Raider Japanese language DLC in exchange for a game of equal value? I need two copies. Or is that going to be hard now with the default region lock thing?

Jawmuncher

At least I was able to get dying light for cheap.

Also I'm glad that TEW has a 30fps lock. Just because my nvidia 660 2gb can only really run the game at 45-55 FPS but it jumps around. So I like the fact that I can keep it at 30 with no dips.

Grief.exe

Wow, that's definitely an improvement over the other one you had.

nailed it dude.

Looks so much better than the earlier one.

Ha the other one was something I put together in about 5 minutes to test the concept, needless to say it didn't work very well.

The problem with the original Steam logo was so horizontal that the logo really doesn't have much of a presence on the shelf.
This new logo increases the size, but still keeps the minimal aspect that I was originally going for with these covers.

Shadownet

Banned
What is Arctag?
Just russian or also brazil?

And is it just for new releases or does every game has this now?

AllowCrossTradingAndGifting. Its automatically off from now on. So a developer has to turn it on if they want that game to be region free.

I think it might just be for new releases but I'm thinking worst case scenario... Every games.

Edit: If this affect games that already came out. Those people who have like hundred of games in their inventory are screwed. But I think if you already redeemed yours. You should be safe. I doubt they will take the game away.

Benedict

All Steam games are ARCTAG from now on by default. So no more cheap Russian games unless the developers turn off the ARCTAG.

So expect all the future releases like MGSV and Batman to be locked.

Edit: I meant "on"

All on Steam library ever released or those to be released?

Axass

sorry, i would say dont bother. they were out of keys 1 hour ago and no word about another batch of keys or anything

if you create another account then you wont have the same email as that of GMG so that wont work out...if you vote again then you will need to create a new GMG account (in incognito) and attach it to a new steam account and then only you will receive it

EU has been out for a while now. I'm sure most people who want the game already bought it. I have it and I sat through 10 mins of voting just to raffle this away later.

Thanks guys, but actually it worked. I've got the game now, so I guess they're still sending keys to those voting now.

so i think im gonna start my playthrough of dragon age after shadow or mordor but I want to get some mods first. I've beaten the game way back on ps3 but I don't remember shit about it so pls none of that do a clean playthrough first. any recommended mods?

Why is Vanille bigger than Lightning? So wrong :(

vanille is more annoying, thats why. but i guess even if you rank em by most annoying its still incorrect. It should be Vanille, then Hope, then Lightning, and all the other randoms go here with the exception of sazh who was alright. not great, just alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom